Dressing better

Levis has new fits on their jeans; 520, 511 Carpenter and the Ex-Girlfriend jeans.
http://us.levi.com/family...7&cp=3146842.4305630
1z6rqlc.jpg

520: The waist of this jean is oversized to be worn low andslouchy on the hips. Skinny on down the leg, it tapers to a super skinny legopening.

511 Carpenter: The Skinny Carpenter hasslant pockets in front, tool pockets and a hammer loop at the side, andtriple-needle stitching throughout. Just like the low-rise original, it sitsbelow the waist and stays slouchy at top. Cut slim through the leg, it's closeand comfortable at the thigh and straight to the ankle.

Ex-GF: Remember the girlfriend with thegreat style? Here's a tribute to her -- a fit that's super-snug allover, anupdate of the five-pocket classic that's as skinny as it gets. Made with plentyof stretch.

Ultra skinny fit, really?
sick.gif

I just think of that Miller Lite commercial with dude getting clowned for wearing pants like that.
laugh.gif

So while girls rock the boyfriend fits, we rock te ex-girlfriend fits?...lol...I don't think I can ever go that snug, that looks uncomfortable.

Nako - it depends how you like your jeans, I like mines to feel like the 511's....so the closest jcrew has to that is the vintage slims 484's...they sit low on the waist and slim all the way through....best fit on jeans I've ever had
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

finally warm in nyc again. time to buy a new pair of jeans and bust out the sneakers ive been sitting on since august.

ksteezy, how do jcrew jeans fit/look? do they wash out? and what's the pricing (stuff never costs as much as it says online in the store because of sales/student discount).

i was gonna hit the diesel store for jeans, but i might check out jcrew this go round. i own about 10 of their shirts and jackets but never bought pants there.
Gap's been trying to step up their denim game the last few months. They have some nice ones around the $80-$90 mark, but they're currently doing a promotion where every wednesday you can get 40% off any one regular priced item. Of course, I would never pay that much for jeans from the Gap even if it is from their higher-end line. But with the 40% coupon it makes them more appealing.

Nice

Originally Posted by RFX45

Levis has new fits on their jeans; 520, 511 Carpenter and the Ex-Girlfriend jeans.
http://us.levi.com/family...7&cp=3146842.4305630
1z6rqlc.jpg

520: The waist of this jean is oversized to be worn low andslouchy on the hips. Skinny on down the leg, it tapers to a super skinny legopening.

511 Carpenter: The Skinny Carpenter hasslant pockets in front, tool pockets and a hammer loop at the side, andtriple-needle stitching throughout. Just like the low-rise original, it sitsbelow the waist and stays slouchy at top. Cut slim through the leg, it's closeand comfortable at the thigh and straight to the ankle.

Ex-GF: Remember the girlfriend with thegreat style? Here's a tribute to her -- a fit that's super-snug allover, anupdate of the five-pocket classic that's as skinny as it gets. Made with plentyof stretch.
$70 ?! 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I'm just make sure your belt matches your shoes bro, that's the basic of it IMO... Brown >>>> black IMO. Anywho i love these boots, second wear in three days, God sent for this damn ice/snow season in NY, also picked up this sweater at Tommy for about 70% off, thing came out to 17$
smokin.gif

5417868832_044ee33757_b.jpg

5417260791_0782d2c5e3_b.jpg
I received my Jcrew SS catalog the other day and saw that Jcrew is releasing a couple of vintage NB colorways, I was on the verge of copping some NB's from footlocker, so i decided to check these out in store, unfortunately they only had the grey CW...I couldn't pass on them, they are comfy as hell, no surprise from NB though, the green ones are fireee too.
5417867890_44d8937206_b.jpg
We need a JCREW appreciation thread...seriously..

This Tommy sweater is NICE!!!
pimp.gif
Very nice
pimp.gif

Do I need a coupon to get the 40% off Wednesdays item or do I just go in?
I was looking up a 40% coupon for Gap, BR, but couldnt find oneee

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I'm just make sure your belt matches your shoes bro, that's the basic of it IMO... Brown >>>> black IMO. Anywho i love these boots, second wear in three days, God sent for this damn ice/snow season in NY, also picked up this sweater at Tommy for about 70% off, thing came out to 17$
smokin.gif

5417868832_044ee33757_b.jpg

5417260791_0782d2c5e3_b.jpg
I received my Jcrew SS catalog the other day and saw that Jcrew is releasing a couple of vintage NB colorways, I was on the verge of copping some NB's from footlocker, so i decided to check these out in store, unfortunately they only had the grey CW...I couldn't pass on them, they are comfy as hell, no surprise from NB though, the green ones are fireee too.
5417867890_44d8937206_b.jpg
We need a JCREW appreciation thread...seriously..

This Tommy sweater is NICE!!!
pimp.gif

Hey, I looked online for the same Tommy sweather and cant find it. Any help?

^Why didn't you quote all the pics, though? Everyone else is. No one will answer your question if you don't quote all of the pics. Sorry.

The TH sweater I got at their store in the Westchester Mall up in White Plains, I'm not sure if they have anymore...It was kn a clearance rack for 40% plus an additional 25%...so I got t for dirt cheap...

The boots are Sperry's...just hit up their site or if you have a store nearby just go in, they've had them for weeks, but I guess due to the Uggz influx, I don't think they are selling out
roll.gif

Btw thank you guys and sorry I took a while to answer...haven't been on all day till now...lol

I just looked up the price on a 40d 
eek.gif
. I'll be going with a "baby" DSLR
laugh.gif
, maybe the upcoming t3i.

To the tailor...

395040649.jpg

Ended up leaving the jacket to be taken in a tad.

395040195.jpg

So, this is the jacket I had the test run performed on

Before:

395022327.jpg

Huge, I know. I bought this back when "I thought I was doin' it"
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

During:

395022597.jpg

I can't front. Seeing the jacket change before my eyes was slightly invigorating.

Here's how it turned out. I'm pleased. She took 6 inches out (~3 sizes down) and moved the buttons in about an inch.

After:

395040920.jpg

maybe the upcoming t3i.
Didn't want to get lost in the photography thread, but when does this drop.

What's a good site to buy lenses?

aoj- nice fit, that a wool tie? 

nii- that gingham shirt combo is nice.

"Ex-Girlfriend Jeans"- really
30t6p3b.gif

I might have to give those 520's a shot.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Ended up leaving the jacket to be taken in a tad.

So, this is the jacket I had the test run performed on

Before:

395022327.jpg

Huge, I know. I bought this back when "I thought I was doin' it"
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I can't front. Seeing the jacket change before my eyes was slightly invigorating.

Here's how it turned out. I'm pleased. She took 6 inches out (~3 sizes down) and moved the buttons in about an inch.

After:

395040920.jpg

Man, what a difference a little tailoring could do.

I believe the T3i is suppose to start shipping at the end of March and the tie is Chambray.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

Do I need a coupon to get the 40% off Wednesdays item or do I just go in?
I was looking up a 40% coupon for Gap, BR, but couldnt find oneee

i just went in and asked for one. they come in a set - one coupon for every wednesday of february and march

I know this has probably been answered before, but can anyone recommend a great tailor in LA that they've had experience with?

Back
Top Bottom