Dressing better

Originally Posted by instant klassic

I love how white bucks are worn here:

Phat Guido's:

I don't know how I feel about that look. The white sole kind of throws me off a bit. A brown, wooden sole/mid-sole would have been much better I think.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

been looking for a nice one for a min now and cant seem to find one

post some nice leather jackets
nerd.gif

thanks

This is a decent guide:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/sli...show50755&iphoto=0&nphoto=14&play=false&cnt=1

Originally Posted by stepinitup

been looking for a nice one for a min now and cant seem to find one

post some nice leather jackets
nerd.gif

thanks

bad timing b/c EVER and Mike & Chris had some crazy sales on their leather jackets. off subject but can someone shed any light on the "higherend" H&M line, the one with the purple labeling? i'm not an avid H&M shopper but I came across it at the Beverly Center.

instant klassic wrote:
COS is their higher end line but only sold in Europe. What you saw, I have no idea, I wouldn't trust it though. Probably same quality as their regular stuff.

thanks for the info. what's the meaning behind COS? are they made in limited quantities? they had a few pieces that no one was touching mainly b/c of theprice and design. i've been to maybe 2 H&M stores and the one at the Bev Center was the most impressive. I didn't realize they had a giganticsuit/more sophisticated offering. pretty impressed at 2 ply shirts for under $40. thicker than my BOSS 2-ply's.

I'm being lazy to look on my own so I'm going to ask you guys for suggestions.

Where should I go to buy some decent quality and good fitting cardigans? I'm not looking for anything expensive because I want to cop a few differentcolors that I can casually wear to work or to go out on the weekends.

I'm thinking of stores along the lines of H&M, Gap, Old Navy, etc. The last time I went to H&M though, they didn't have a good selection incolors and sizes.

Thanks for any input.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I'm being lazy to look on my own so I'm going to ask you guys for suggestions.

Where should I go to buy some decent quality and good fitting cardigans? I'm not looking for anything expensive because I want to cop a few different colors that I can casually wear to work or to go out on the weekends.

I'm thinking of stores along the lines of H&M, Gap, Old Navy, etc. The last time I went to H&M though, they didn't have a good selection in colors and sizes.

Thanks for any input.

in that range, i think american apparel fits the bill. you may have to size up, but that way, it's snug and not skintight. j crew is also worth lookingat, though i don't know if they have cardigans currently in.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by instant klassic

I love how white bucks are worn here:

Phat Guido's:

I don't know how I feel about that look. The white sole kind of throws me off a bit. A brown, wooden sole/mid-sole would have been much better I think.
the first thing i thought about was pops from the wain's brothers show.

^^ My fault, I guess they sold out some of their nice leather jackets.
They had some nice ones for around $100 about a week or so ago.
They do have a leather hoody for $200.

If anything else fails, check out Revolveclothing.com.
There should be a 20%-30% floating around the net.

WJ4, I just got an e-mail that Clarks just opened a store at Glendale Galleria in case you want to check them out.

WJ4, I just got an e-mail that Clarks just opened a store at Glendale Galleria in case you want to check them out.
Yes, I went there last week. It's right on the way to BR and out to the Americana to Barnes And Noble and J. Crew. I came home and postedabout their buy one get one half off sale at Clarks afterward. This is why I was asking you about Clarks.
laugh.gif

Instant- I gave in. Bought a pair of jeans from J. Crew. It was $97, on sale for $50 and used the college student discount. The con is that they don'thave odd sizes in store. 30 is too small for me and 32 is too big. I tried on about 6 different pants and one size 30 fits me nicely, I guess it's thewash. Straight leg is a nice fit for those with bigger thighs. Other than the jeans and some button ups, nothing else really caught my attention. Jacketsand such were too wrinkled up for my taste. Their jeans said 'hand crafted', that's kinda cool.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Yes, I went there last week. It's right on the way to BR and out to the Americana to Barnes And Noble and J. Crew. I came home and posted about their buy one get one half off sale at Clarks afterward. This is why I was asking you about Clarks.
laugh.gif

Ahh, my fault. I guess I must have missed that one.
Try them on, find your size and order them online.
laugh.gif

That's what i do as the online prices are usually better.

Originally Posted by wj4

Yes, I went there last week. It's right on the way to BR and out to the Americana to Barnes And Noble and J. Crew. I came home and posted about their buy one get one half off sale at Clarks afterward. This is why I was asking you about Clarks.
laugh.gif

Ahh, my fault. I guess I must have missed that one.
Try them on, find your size and order them online.
laugh.gif

That's what i do as the online prices are usually better.
I thought about doing that. Just say I left my wallet in the car and will be right back.
laugh.gif
They actually had some really good looking boatshoes that are pretty light.

To the dude above RFX, yes 15% off anything in store with a college student ID. Not sure about the outlet, I doubt it.

^^^ I can confirm that students get 15% off the outlets as well.
I went to Camarillo a couple of weeks ago and used the discount (well similar discount as I was with an educator and they get the same discount) on the knitties I purchased.

Anybody here shop at Uniqlo? Are they along the lines of H&M?

I've heard a bit about it, I was thinking about taking a trip over there tomorrow afternoon. Just wanted to know if it's worth it...How's thequality? Pricing? My wife's bday is next week and we're goin' out to a nice restaurant. Was hoping to pick up a nice Sweater or two, possibly aDress Shirt or Cardigan.

^^^ Topman has some cheap leather jackets.

new favorite site. they got some dope stuff for decent prices.
didn't a store just open up in NYC or was it just a topshop for ladies

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I've heard a bit about it, I was thinking about taking a trip over there tomorrow afternoon. Just wanted to know if it's worth it...How's the quality? Pricing? My wife's bday is next week and we're goin' out to a nice restaurant. Was hoping to pick up a nice Sweater or two, possibly a Dress Shirt or Cardigan.
Its better than H&M, more along the lines of the Gap.

RFX45, wj4, or anyone else for that matter,

What would you guys recommend wearing with these? Light chinos? I need some suggestions...Thanks in advance!

10idsmw.jpg

^I think a lighter chino would work great. Anything from khaki to light sand. If the midsole wasn't black, it would be a lot more versatile IMO. I seethat the canvas looks a bit dirty as well...try to clean it up. Here, use this method if you can. I took a picture of it from the Esquire Spring Black Book.
laugh.gif
If you do, tell me if the method works or not.
2usa6ab.jpg

ATTENTIONN: bargain ballers like myself
check out shopittome.com
it's basically a service that emails you about items that just went on sale on the brands you choose. they got a ton of brands.
j. crew, polo ralph lauren, clarks and also high end stuff like prada, gucci, dior homme(i just look at em for %+%#* & giggles- still cant afford thatstuff on sale)

basically it scours the net for the brands u choose and it'll email you at the frequency you choose.
got some sweet deals off it with the latest being a pair of distressed leather desert boots from clarks for 43.98
this same shoe is still retail @ Clarks/Bostonian stores.
definitely worth it even just to check it out- they seriously got a ton of brands- plenty i've never heard of and i'm sure you'll all findsomething you like.

speaking of Clarks
Originally Posted by quik1987

Clarks has upgraded its desert boot range with a premium finish - to the Clarks Point Taken desert boots.

What's different? Well, aside from a bump in price, you now get a 'premium' leather or suede finish, a slightly more pointed toe and a 'proper' sole instead of the usual sponge-like crepe bottom.

Something you'll love or hate, you can pick up a pair for £79.

NOT AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA! %%@!
point-taken-bk-sub.jpg

are these available at any online retailers that'll ship stateside?

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I've heard a bit about it, I was thinking about taking a trip over there tomorrow afternoon. Just wanted to know if it's worth it...How's the
quality? Pricing? My wife's bday is next week and we're goin' out to a nice restaurant. Was hoping to pick up a nice Sweater or two, possibly a
Dress Shirt or Cardigan.
Its better than H&M, more along the lines of the Gap.

i <3 UNIQLO
it's not so in your face like H&M is.
it makes a statement with its simplicity.
some nice light outerwear last time i went there. picked up a short pea coat for $60.
and i think their quality is very good- better than gap.
if you're trying to dress better, you won't be disappointed. the only thing i'm really not feeling is that they don't have a better selectionof pants.
good denim selection. but other pants not so much.

WJ4
Clarks usually doesn't include Clarks Originals in their B1G1 1/2 off- at least none that are around me have ever done so.
If you do some searching online you'll find decent deals with promo codes and stuff.

It must be the lighting in the picture because the sole is actually dark brown. Also, they're not dirty. I guess that's just a characteristic of thematerial, because I've only worn them once and it was indoors. Nevertheless, thanks for you input. I have a very light pair of chinos that I think I'llwear them with...

Back
Top Bottom