Dressing better

i ordered a pair of clark boots last monday through the store and still yet to receive them.
called over 5 times and only got a somewhat real answer once, they said it'll be here today which never happened.
if its not here tomorrow i'm going down there to ask for a refund.
and i went int J. Crew and Banana Republic too since they're all in the same area. I don't remember J. Crew being as pricey as it is now.

^That sucks. I ordered a black pair when I bought my brown pair and I got the call about 2 business days later. However, the black pair came from the SantaMonica store, which was only about 15 miles away.

I'm still bitter that you can't use the college student discount on the clearance section anymore. You can find some great steals in that section.

does anyone know how sperry top siders fit in comparison to nike dunks

I am going to get the Sperry top-sider bahama, but I have no clue what size to get them in

I wear 9.5 in dunks btw

Somebody want some black suede Clark deserts, sz12 (fits like a sz13 Nikes would)? I wore them once, I don't really like them as much as I thought I would.

I should've gotten brown or tan.

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

this kid is stylin on 90% of you guys
4309IggyWeb.jpg

LOL OMG! he is toooo cute!!
laugh.gif

awesome post!

Originally Posted by CJ003

any advice on shoes. i just got my first real job out of college. dress code is slacks/dress shirt/tie...(no coat). what style of shoes would be good? also something that would be comfortable would be ideal, b/c i may be on my feet alot.
A dress shoe with a high quality leather and leather bottom sole is top choice in my book. Not only will the life of the shoe last a longtime,(you can get 20 years out of a high quality dress shoe with proper care) the shoe will breathe and be very comfortable as the leather is broken in andbecomes more supple over time. For the issue of being on your feet a lot, you can always add an aftermarket insole to help out. As for style, thats up to you.Just don't get a full on square-toe shoe, it doesn't look good and no self respecting quality dress shoe maker makes them anyway so it doesn'treally matter. If you want to have a little bit of a flat toe, go with a chisel toe. I'd start with a standard black shoe, then add other colors later on.A good pair of dress shoes should retail for no less than $300, but by all means don't pay that. Nordstrom Rack is a godsend in this vicinity.

Good luck on the internship WJ4.

Just curious but watch are you wearing?
Is that the Oris?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Good luck on the internship WJ4.

Just curious but watch are you wearing?
Is that the Oris?
Yep. I slowed down a bit since I acquired the Tag. My aunt is getting me a Breitling or Omega for my graduation to add to the collection. Should fit that last slot on the cradle nicely.
smile.gif
Even the watch started a side talk with one of the guys interviewed me. He went over his time slotbecause we started talking about cars and basketball. Hopefully I'm his favorite and his vote goes to me.
laugh.gif

I'm really hoping to land this internship not just because the pay is great, but it literally will put everything I've learned in my major to use.

Marshalls is hit or miss. I've seen some good stuff at my local Marshalls, but it's still not dirt cheap. Example: Theory dress shirts that sell for$200 are at $60 at Marshalls.

Originally Posted by wj4

^That sucks. I ordered a black pair when I bought my brown pair and I got the call about 2 business days later. However, the black pair came from the Santa Monica store, which was only about 15 miles away.

I'm still bitter that you can't use the college student discount on the clearance section anymore. You can find some great steals in that section.
so do they call you when it gets to the store, or when they get information that it's been delivered to your home?

I asked for the shoes to be delivered to the store rather than my home. They called me when it got there and told me I can come in and pick it up any time Iwant to.

Marshall in my area sucks. TJ Maxx is better but they seem to cost more for same item that you can find in Marshall's. TJ Maxx is where I have had betterluck with.

So you guys say nay to places like Men's Warehouse, Macy's, etc. for buying suits...what places do you guys recommend?

Originally Posted by the north west

does anyone know how sperry top siders fit in comparison to nike dunks

I am going to get the Sperry top-sider bahama, but I have no clue what size to get them in

I wear 9.5 in dunks btw
the best thing to do is try em on. i wear a 13 in nikes and a 12 in sperrys.

That is great to hear WJ4, see even a watch can help or make a difference.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

So you guys say nay to places like Men's Warehouse, Macy's, etc. for buying suits...what places do you guys recommend?

No to Men's Wearhouse, yes to Macy's, just depends on the brand. My Macys has John Varvatos suits and it fits rather well.
At retail, it isn't the best out there but when on sale, they are a great buy for the fit alone.

For suits though, check out Bloomingdales and Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.
Check out the brand Zegna or for a cheaper version, Z for Zegna.
Corneliani is also a good name to check out, they may not fit the same as a Zegna though.
Another good store to check out is Brooks Brothers, they have several suits, different cuts you can check out.
H&M and ZARA are also good options as a very cheap alternative, just do not expect to wear it year long and last.

Who said nay to Macy's? Some Macy's are better than the other, depending on the consensus in the area and may carry brands like HugoBoss, which is great.

Every time I get a blazer or sports coat, I usually spend another $30-40 to get the width taken in and another $20-30 to get the sleeves altered up a wee bitso the sleeves of the button down under show.

It all depends on your body style for the suits. But even the best brands will probably need some altering to fit your body nicely as there is no general bodyframe for this or that size.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Don't Know if this was posted or not..

3Sixteen Fall Collection.

Some stuff from this thread I can actually see myself wearing. (As an outfit at least)

3sixteen-2009-fall-lookbook-2.jpg

3sixteen-2009-fall-lookbook-3.jpg

3sixteen-2009-fall-lookbook-5.jpg
Wow, I really like the tops from all 3 pictures!

OT, but does H&M use real leather?
laugh.gif
Asking because of their prices.

Yeah, H&M uses real leather.
The same way Topman uses real leather and sells their jacket for $200, around $100 when on sale.

Originally Posted by RFX45

That is great to hear WJ4, see even a watch can help or make a difference.
happy.gif

No to Men's Wearhouse, yes to Macy's, just depends on the brand. My Macys has John Varvatos suits and it fits rather well.
At retail, it isn't the best out there but when on sale, they are a great buy for the fit alone.

For suits though, check out Bloomingdales and Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.
Check out the brand Zegna or for a cheaper version, Z for Zegna.
Corneliani is also a good name to check out, they may not fit the same as a Zegna though.
Another good store to check out is Brooks Brothers, they have several suits, different cuts you can check out.
H&M and ZARA are also good options as a very cheap alternative, just do not expect to wear it year long and last.
pimp.gif
RFX is always on top of his game, but zegna is out of pricerange for alot of people unless you can find one thats been heavily discounted which happens from time to time at bloomies. Z is cheaper but still in the 1k+range without discounts. Like wj4 some macy's carry hugo boss which makes pretty good suits and they are always on sale at macys.

Gilt had a sale on Sperry shoes today. All were around $30-50 a pair.

Oh if you guys ever travel to Asia, go get some suits made to your body...the price will still be less than what you'll pay for a brand name one.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom