Dressing better

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Some of ya'll are doing a great job keeping these brands in business. How many of ya'll actually go to thrift stores? You realize you can find almost all of this "vintage-esque" clothing there, and spend less than 3/4 of the price for it new. I just picked up 2 seersucker shorts, a pair of J&M dress shoes, a ralph lauren gingham shirt, two short sleeve brooks brothers shirts, and a pair of ralph lauren chinos, all over under $30 at my local shop. If you think you're too good to go into a thrift store, or that you're above it (which I know a lot of dudes on here probably are), you are being stupid. Not calling anyone out, I just have noticed over the past few pages that 90% of this stuff that ya'll are posting, you can save some serious bread on.
What thrift stores do you go to that has those stuff? If you're referring to Marshalls, Ross, etc. those are not thrift stores. Thrift stores = stores like Salvation Army, GoodWill.

I visit the local Marshalls once in a while, the con is that their selection changes daily so you have to have time to visit often. I'm a bargain shopper like a lot of others in this thread, I would never buy anything if I didn't get at least 30% off.

That outfit 'Melo has on is pretty good except for the Kung Fu pants.
laugh.gif
I think I know the difference between a thrift store and marshalls bro. What Marshalls have you been to that you have been able to get all of the things I listed for less than $30?

IMO, Melo's fit is atrocious.

I'm as cheap as they come, bargain hunt constantly, and rarely buy anything not on clearance, much less sale, but I just cannot bring myself to buy usedclothing. I don't think I'm above anything, but I just don't feel comfortable wearing another man's clothing. But if you don't mind,that's all good in my book since you're saving yourself money.

Originally Posted by timbo109

any other place to find j crew online other than jcrew.com?
eBay? It's their own stuff, not like Polo or Calvin Klein.
laugh.gif
Kinda like asking where else to get Gap stuff beside their site.

To the dude about the thrift shop, you must live in a good area to find stuff like that. I used to volunteer at the local GoodWill in middle school and thestuff there were 'below mediocre' to put it nicely. I do donate stuff there for tax write offs though.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

2c55fc44893bb6e6d0d3bc52cee9cd25-getty-87746139ng011_lakers_nugts.jpg

Clean IMO probably it's the shot which makes the Pants look a little too baggy. I'm actually wondering if they are dress pants.

Melo's Stylist has been putting in work this season.

Good overall concept but those pants... are they extra high-rise?
I know these guys are tall and all but they must make low-rise or at least regular rise dress pants for them.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by timbo109

any other place to find j crew online other than jcrew.com?
eBay? It's their own stuff, not like Polo or Calvin Klein.
laugh.gif
Kinda like asking where else to get Gap stuff beside their site.
yeah i know. i figured that. thanks tho

That is exactly what I am looking for. Now I am searching high and low for them online, because I live in the middle of nowhere. Also anyone know if you canbuy the leather lace in white to match the stitching and sole.
Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Here's the black with white bottom clarks I was talking about to the guy who wanted a black suede/nubuck pair:

2gwfi2w.jpg

ix58wn.jpg

The insole is very cushioned, pretty solid pickup for $50. And Clarks has this thing now where you buy one you get the next at 25% off so I would suggest to those looking for a pair to go stop by. Only colors they have is black/white bottom, Dark Brown/Dark brown bottom, Tan suede/Dark Brown Bottom, and a really Lightblue suede/dark bottom.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Here's the black with white bottom clarks I was talking about to the guy who wanted a black suede/nubuck pair:

2gwfi2w.jpg

ix58wn.jpg

The insole is very cushioned, pretty solid pickup for $50. And Clarks has this thing now where you buy one you get the next at 25% off so I would suggest to those looking for a pair to go stop by. Only colors they have is black/white bottom, Dark Brown/Dark brown bottom, Tan suede/Dark Brown Bottom, and a really Lightblue suede/dark bottom.
Whats the model? Cant find it on their site.

Good lookin with the "Preppy Handbook" shout out a few pages back. I finally found one a few years ago. That book is hilarious, and on point
roll.gif

Love the thread guys.

The whole Boatshoe phenomenon is not me though. Those were straight geek status when I was growing up.

I'm not big on "trends". I like my style to be timeless. The boatshoe thing is way to "trendy" for me. I don't wear things becauseKanye told me to.

I'm still a sneaker junkie, so I've had a hard time sorting my footwear. I'll put a clean outfit together and still wear a fresh pair of AF1's.

But moreso, you can't go wrong with Rod Laver's or Stan Smith's.

Timeless is the key word.......not trendy.......timeless..........

Great thread.

Originally Posted by illphillip

The whole Boatshoe phenomenon is not me though. Those were straight geek status when I was growing up.
funny my dad told me the same thing a while back when i bought my first pair.

Love the thread guys.

I'm not big on "trends". I like my style to be timeless. The boatshoe thing is way to "trendy" for me. I don't wear things because Kanye told me to.

I'm still a sneaker junkie, so I've had a hard time sorting my footwear. I'll put a clean outfit together and still wear a fresh pair of AF1's.

Great thread.
I see where your coming from, some sneakers are timeless to me too but so are some types of shoes whether they be boat shoes or not, it's justthat for me personally I had never really paid attention to different types of shoes that were out there but I can say for a fact that the 2 pairs of shoeswhich happen to be boat shoes that I have are gonna be worn by me till they fall apart. I didn't/never go on any celebrities advice on what to wearespecially not Kanye West or the NBA stars posted in this thread. I'm a kinda of person who has a hard time finding something that i'll be wearing 5years from now but i'm evolving into that kinda guy because I'm getting older and their are higher priorities in life and I feel that the wholesneaker game was just a phase (meaning the limitedness, the hype, the bright colorways...etc.) in my life but I do agree with you on certain classic sneakerslike the stan smith and i'll add in the nike blazer (I got the white/black check colorway from 5 years ago that I rock plenty these days) are timeless.

Love the thread guys.

I'm not big on "trends". I like my style to be timeless. The boatshoe thing is way to "trendy" for me. I don't wear things because Kanye told me to.

Great thread.
x2.

wayferers, boatshoes...no no for me.

Boatshoes? Trendy? HA that is hilarious.

This whole thread is full of trendy hipster trash that yall are calling "clean."

laugh.gif

But you picked two very classic items.
It's like saying polo, the clothing not the brand, is a trend when it has been around.
I wouldn't say it's a trend, I would say it is mainstream.
I can't really call it a trend when it has been around for so many years, decades and will most likely still be here once it stops hitting the mainstream.
I can't really see it as a trend either when not many celebrities are wearing them.
I'd understand if lil-wayne, Kanye, Justin, or whoever young people idolize today wore them.
And yes, I've only seen Kanye wear his own boat shoe, actually I think I only seen him hold it and not wear it.

i don't really find boat shoes trendy, just because i've always seen people wear them.
but with sunglasses are def trends. my high school went from everyone wearing Ray Ban aviators one year to Oakleys the next then senior year it was all aboutCosta Del Mar (which are overpriced imo if you dont fish)

^Obviously you live in the South, and good for kids who are buying Costa Del Mar's instead of POS/GDI Oakley's.

But I agree, you look foolish wearing Costa's with 580 Blue Glass and croakies because you heard it was fratty to do so.

LOL yeah i live in Alabama.
I liked Oakley's though, when I traded in my old car I left my pair in there and they said it wasn't when i knew it was. and Costa's are cool justnot for me

Love the thread guys.

Great thread.
boat shoes are classic. like someone said before, how can you peg a style to be "trendy" when it's been around before yourparent's time?

white af1's are "trendy". they were real popular until these past years.People started to grow out of them. I don't remember the last timeI've seen someone wearing white af1's (I'm from west coast btw)

Originally Posted by NewZ05

where can i cop sum nice cardigans, v-neck type sweaters, etc in big & tall sizes.

i need at least a 3XL...any help would be appreciated
nerd.gif
anyone?

Back
Top Bottom