Dressing better

RFX - nice outfit with the jacket rolled up

Nordstrom Rack update - Allen Edmonds extra 30% off, shoe trees for $12.95, shoe polish $2.50, great wood hangers with pants clip 5 for $5 & Burberry Touch1.7oz for $30.

While there I realized I'm actually a 40r instead of a 42. How much to tailor a suit jacket down a size, waist & jacket length shorten?

Lands End shirts are horrible quality based on my work apparel.

thinking of copping some uniqlo stuff on the bay since i can't get anything from their website and i'm not anywhere near their NY flagship store.
how does their stuff fit? i'm about 5'8 170. Usually a S, a M in some more fitted shirts.
I know they're based out of Japan so sizes could be different. Any help would be appreciated!

Originally Posted by stunner157

thinking of copping some uniqlo stuff on the bay since i can't get anything from their website and i'm not anywhere near their NY flagship store.
how does their stuff fit? i'm about 5'8 170. Usually a S, a M in some more fitted shirts.
I know they're based out of Japan so sizes could be different. Any help would be appreciated!
I find UNIQLO sizing to be erratic at best. I wear XS in their flannels, S in their shirts, M in their cardigans, L in their +J line of shirts.
laugh.gif
To be a bit more flexible, I could probably fit a S in the flannels or an M in their +J shirts so I guess I'm orbiting more of a S or M in theirclothes. I'm 5'11 165.

Thanks NachoBroadway

Nordstrom Rack update -"great wood hangers with pants clip 5 for $5"

I really want to redo my closet and i was looking for good hangers...wire hangers are trash!!!!! I cant buy these luxury items and put them on BS Hangersanymore.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Thanks NachoBroadway

I really want to redo my closet and i was looking for good hangers...wire hangers are trash!!!!! I cant buy these luxury items and put them on BS Hangers anymore.
IKEA sells some wooden hangers for pretty cheap and I think they're not bad. No pants clips though if that's something important. TheNordstrom Rack 5 for $5 seems like it'll be a better deal overall though. Anyway, definitely made my closet look better once I got rid of all themismatched hangers (especially the wire, dry cleaners ones
laugh.gif
)

I have the black evi's but i want the millis! Good look for Pharrell well a little guady with the cuffs links and the oversized french cuff but i like thelook none the less. Oh yeah that LV watch is FIYAAAA!

I think he should have toned the cuffs down and still kept the embroidery,but who the hell am i to Judge Pharrell hes the poster boy for Dressing Better!

Thanks NachoBroadway

I really want to redo my closet and i was looking for good hangers...wire hangers are trash!!!!! I cant buy these luxury items and put them on BS Hangers anymore.

If you have a Costco card, go there. They have one of those slim hangers with a velvety texture so the clothes doesn't slide off. Their like 50 for $15, Ijust bought some to make some space in my closet and they are great.

That black & white gingham does not look like it's the one from the Gap since it doesn't look like flannel. You can get the same shirt from ClubMonaco as well, I got one without the button-down collar.

why'd u do that. Found my size, but it was from Band of outsiders not dropping 250 for that shirt aha damnit why's it so hard and someone link me if ucan find a S please (white buttons)

Nice pick-ups Meangene4.
I find it somewhat funny that everyone is looking for that gingham shirt and you just go to the store and there it is.
The cardigan looks interesting, post fit pics when you put it all together.

And Converge, btw a small in BoO will not fit like a small in GAP. A small in GAP probably equals like xxxxx-small in BoO, no exaggeration either.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Thanks NachoBroadway

If you have a Costco card, go there. They have one of those slim hangers with a velvety texture so the clothes doesn't slide off. Their like 50 for $15, I just bought some to make some space in my closet and they are great.

Thanks RFX, will do i will check out both stores. I plan on re-doing my closet this weekend. Taking pictures of all my shoes and starting off the new yearorganized. Need to donate a bunch of stuff to the salvation army.

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Rugby.Uniqlo.APC.Timberland. I need suggestions on this fit. I realized afterwards that there is too much stacking on the jeans, so I might cuff them if I
decide to wear them. What I am most concerned about are the colors of the fit. Should I switch out for darker denim?
Are those the olive Abingtons? I wish I wouldn't have slept on those. I can't find them anywhere now
smh.gif

Yes they are. I was browsing online and found a lot of them on here.

Great boot, don't pass this time!
Belated thanks for the link. I thought I found them on Sportiela.com but after ordering them last Thursday and not hearing a thing back from themI finally got someone to pick up the phone only to find out my size is out of stock. They have a size 10 though if anyone else is looking for them. Use code:19500 to get 10% off.
I need to find a similar style boot to try on before I order from the link you gave me since it's special order only. I'm a 9 in DB's, 10 in JackPurcells, 9.5 in high top Dunks, and 10 in Dunk lows so I'm not sure on the size. If you could, please let me know how yours fit?
Thanks again.

Thanks NachoBroadway

If you have a Costco card, go there. They have one of those slim hangers with a velvety texture so the clothes doesn't slide off. Their like 50 for $15, I just bought some to make some space in my closet and they are great.

Thanks RFX, will do i will check out both stores. I plan on re-doing my closet this weekend. Taking pictures of all my shoes and starting off the new year organized. Need to donate a bunch of stuff to the salvation army.

Those Coscto velvet hangers are HORRIBLE. They shape is so off, and they are too flimsy.

Check this for a good wooden hanger, $5 for 8 which is expensive but hey wooden hangers are the best for your clothes shape and whatnot.

Ikea

42327_PE137004_S3.jpg

Dark wood with a black hook. Looks really nice in the closet once everything is organized.

Really? I found the Costco hangers pretty sturdy. I didn't think it would hold my heavier coats but it does without a problem. They were surprisinglystrong and sturdy.
I got tired of using the wooden ones because they were so bulky and I hated the plastic ones because my pants always slides off, I don't have that problemwith the velvet ones.

How's the fit/sizing for Topman/JTG button ups? I'm 5'10, 160-165. I'm usually either a small/medium depending on brand. Just hesitant to orderthese online without being able to try on both sizes.

Also, somewhat un-inspiring tonight.

RFX that Carerra is perfect for Dressing Better its a very versatile watch! My friend just picked up one hes trying to convince me to get one. But mostNT'ers probably dont know how much wrist heat you got there.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Nice pick-ups Meangene4.
I find it somewhat funny that everyone is looking for that gingham shirt and you just go to the store and there it is.
The cardigan looks interesting, post fit pics when you put it all together.
Thank you.

That shirt came UPS today.

Does anybody knows the place where the tie bar goes middle of the shirt maybe?

Nice pickups. The tie bar goes anywhere you want it to go, but ideally you want it to peak out of your jacket, so mid to high mid. Some people choose to keepit straight, while others tilt it a bit for some sprezz ... its really up to you.

I think someone had a fit with the gap cardigan a few pages back ... looked good.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

RFX - nice outfit with the jacket rolled up

Nordstrom Rack update - Allen Edmonds extra 30% off, shoe trees for $12.95, shoe polish $2.50, great wood hangers with pants clip 5 for $5 & Burberry Touch 1.7oz for $30.

While there I realized I'm actually a 40r instead of a 42. How much to tailor a suit jacket down a size, waist & jacket length shorten?

Lands End shirts are horrible quality based on my work apparel.

You are probably anywhere from a 40 - 42 depending on maker and cut. The important thing is to get your measurements and go with that. For example i know mymeasurements off the top, and in many cases fluctuate between a 40 - 42R depending on the maker. I have 18.5 shoulders, and Brooks Brothers and Hickey Freemanboth have 42s that are 18.5 shoulders, as well as 40s that are also 18.5 shoulders.

Get yourself measured at a department store or at a tailor and keep the measurements handy. With respect to sizing down the suit, these are the prices chargedby my tailor ... its a bit on the high end, but he turns my suits from well fitting to great fitting consistently:

Taking up sleeves: 25
Waist Suppresion: 30
Hemming pants: 18
Shoulder work: 50 (most expensive, which is why you have to make sure the shoulders fit)
Opening or tightening chest: 35
Slimming sleeves: 18

After i lost a bunch of weight, I had a few of my suits i REALLY like shrunk down a size from shoulders, chest and waist ... and it ran me 105 each .. becausethe tailors had to basically recut the suit. So its typically best to get the closest fitting suit that requires the least work - even if it costs a littlemore.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

one11archerave wrote:

seanyboyy wrote:

Rugby.Uniqlo.APC.Timberland. I need suggestions on this fit. I realized afterwards that there is too much stacking on the jeans, so I might cuff them if I

decide to wear them. What I am most concerned about are the colors of the fit. Should I switch out for darker denim?
Are those the olive Abingtons? I wish I wouldn't have slept on those. I can't find them anywhere now
smh.gif

Yes they are. I was browsing online and found a lot of them on here.

Great boot, don't pass this time!
Belated thanks for the link. I thought I found them on Sportiela.com but after ordering them last Thursday and not hearing a thing back from them I finally got someone to pick up the phone only to find out my size is out of stock. They have a size 10 though if anyone else is looking for them. Use code: 19500 to get 10% off.
I need to find a similar style boot to try on before I order from the link you gave me since it's special order only. I'm a 9 in DB's, 10 in Jack Purcells, 9.5 in high top Dunks, and 10 in Dunk lows so I'm not sure on the size. If you could, please let me know how yours fit?
Thanks again.

I'm a 9 in DB's and my Abington's are 8.5, so I would suggest sizing down. I would consider trying to find a place to try them on first though.

and one11archerave, I have a oxford shirt from Topman, size small. The pit to pit is roughly 18.5 inches. I am 5'9' 145 lbs, so Iwould probably suggest you going with a M, as Topman has a Euro-slim fit.

10 Piece Nuggets Those are EXACTLY what im looking for...I believe saks uses very very similar hangers.

The natural color is even cheaper $3.99 / 8 pack
pimp.gif
Ikea is like 2 minutes away from me as well
glasses.gif

If a shirt does not have a button down collar is it still ok to wear a tie on it? idk sometimes it feels weird..i have some sports shirts..and i have a gapgingham shirt that does not have a button down collar..
whats the difference ..is the shirt considered a dress shirt with a button down collar..?

Back
Top Bottom