Dressing better

Originally Posted by hadegbite

I have the black evi's but i want the millis! Good look for Pharrell well a little guady with the cuffs links and the oversized french cuff but i like the look none the less. Oh yeah that LV watch is FIYAAAA!

I think he should have toned the cuffs down and still kept the embroidery, but who the hell am i to Judge Pharrell hes the poster boy for Dressing Better!
the monogram on the cuff is EXTREMELY tacky ... lol.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

RFX that Carerra is perfect for Dressing Better its a very versatile watch! My friend just picked up one hes trying to convince me to get one. But most NT'ers probably dont know how much wrist heat you got there.
pimp.gif

Agreed. I'm not a big Tag fan, and I don't like my watches smaller than 44mm, but the Carrera Tachymeter is unreal. I contemplating getting one lastyear as grad present but pussied out, but here I am a year later still thinking about it so I think I'll be getting mine this month. Blue face, however,and it's going on an orange NATO.

Tag-Heuer-Carrera-3.jpg

Van, did you ever get that Pam Homage?

hadegbite, thanks for the compliments. I'm a firm believer that a watch should be part of your wardrobe, it simply should not be ignored.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

The ones that I bought came with tags that said something like Premium RRL Product in addition to the Rugby tags and they are in the "vintage slim" cut; they are different than the ones that are currently for sale on the website as well (for instance, mine have a 7 inch leg opening vs the bootcut on the website). They are closer to RRL slim than the RL slim and I bought them in my normal size which at first I could wear without a belt but after several weeks they stretched. They feel heavier than the RRL's as well. Never had or seen APC's so I can't comment on that.

I've bought a couple pairs of jeans and pants from the website and the fit is pretty much how it looks on the models.

thanks for the help. this helps a lot in finding an APC alternative for the right price. they don't have my size so i'm leaning on buying another pairof APC's but trying to hold out for something different for a change.

has anyone had any experience with J. Crew's vintage 484 slims or vintage slims they have up on their site?

Should I get my leather soled boots Topy'd or get heel and toe taps put on. Also, anyone know of a good cobbler in socal?

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

The ones that I bought came with tags that said something like Premium RRL Product in addition to the Rugby tags and they are in the "vintage slim" cut; they are different than the ones that are currently for sale on the website as well (for instance, mine have a 7 inch leg opening vs the bootcut on the website). They are closer to RRL slim than the RL slim and I bought them in my normal size which at first I could wear without a belt but after several weeks they stretched. They feel heavier than the RRL's as well. Never had or seen APC's so I can't comment on that.

I've bought a couple pairs of jeans and pants from the website and the fit is pretty much how it looks on the models.

thanks for the help. this helps a lot in finding an APC alternative for the right price. they don't have my size so i'm leaning on buying another pair of APC's but trying to hold out for something different for a change.

has anyone had any experience with J. Crew's vintage 484 slims or vintage slims they have up on their site?
I didn't like their jeans in store, they looked kinda baggy, even for slim fit. I didn't pay much attention to it though since itwasn't on sale.

They sell it at Barnes and Nobles
I ordered from Amazon and coupled it with the Esquire book for free shipping

Originally Posted by yancancook90

does anyone know where i can find a grey crewneck sweater thats similar to this Wing+Horns design?

wings-horns-archive-2010-spring-summer-1.jpg
I got mine from Macys. Has elbow patches as well.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Van, did you ever get that Pam Homage?

Yup - not a fan. Doesn't feel 'right' if that makes sense. Also the completely blacked out dial makes it look really cheap.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Still looking for a red & white button up, saw one i liked at H&M but they only had a 2X and small left...

What pattern are you looking for? Here is a striped one at Topman.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

picked up the original khakis from GAP today for $19.99
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I went during the 40% off sale and got them for $12, got some cords for 14.99 and a pair of black pants for $12 as well.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

picked up the original khakis from GAP today for $19.99
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I went during the 40% off sale and got them for $12, got some cords for 14.99 and a pair of black pants for $12 as well.
damn nice dude.

say, how many pair of khakis would you guys recommend having? i was thinking like 3-4, different shades, maybe 2 of the same...

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Still looking for a red & white button up, saw one i liked at H&M but they only had a 2X and small left...

What pattern are you looking for? Here is a striped one at Topman.
the one i saw at H&M had squares all over it, hard to describe...

say, how many pair of khakis would you guys recommend having? i was thinking like 3-4, different shades, maybe 2 of the same...
I think two will suffice for most. I personally have plenty but 3 gets the most wear. Their different shades, different weight, different styleand different fit.
I got a lightweight one that can be cuffed for spring/summer and I have a heavyweight one that is slightly darker for fall/winter.
I also have one that has a jeans feel to it for casual and kick back occasions and I have a boot cut relaxed one for activites like camping and hiking.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think two will suffice for most. I personally have plenty but 3 gets the most wear. Their different shades, different weight, different style and different fit.
I got a lightweight one that can be cuffed for spring/summer and I have a heavyweight one that is slightly darker for fall/winter.
I also have one that has a jeans feel to it for casual and kick back occasions and I have a boot cut relaxed one for activites like camping and hiking.
appreciate the help...and yea, i'll definitely be looking to pick up a more denim style pair of khakis...i know they're pretty cheap atAmerican Eagle.

thanks for the insight for the dudes that gave tie suggestions with a gingham shirt.

do you think a deep red plaid type tie(Madra?) would go well with a black/white gingham with small checkers?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Should I get my leather soled boots Topy'd or get heel and toe taps put on. Also, anyone know of a good cobbler in socal?

It really is a personal preference. Having them topy's would make them feel much more comfortable but if you do prefer the slimmer and sleeker low profilelook (although some topys can achieve the same look now as well), then just put taps. Some people just tend to like the feel of leather soles.

any body see that fresh varsity saban had on deck when he got the gatorade treatment joint looked like something out of rfx closet
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom