Dressing better

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

From THE HUNDREDS Blog, a shout out to this thread?

[h2] GROW UP. [/h2]
Tradeshow week is wrapping up in Las Vegas, and for everyone in attendance, I’m sure they were all thinking the same thing: “What’s up with all the rolled-up jeans and boots?!

That article is stupid...you can incorporate both types of styles into your wardrobe as long as you dress appropriately for the occasion. BTW the hundreds makes really obnoxious shirts

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

That article is stupid...
laugh.gif
 dude really said "dressing better" is a trend..
i hate to use the term "grown man" myself.. but i'd be laughed at if was to wear one of their loud outfits to work. 
grin.gif

Y'know he's not talking about us the consumer, he's talking about other designers:

As a consumer, if you wanna go get your grown man on, enjoy yourself. You’ve moved beyond streetwear, I understand, and I’m sorry to see you go. But for our fellow streetwear brand-runners, I think it’s important to remember who our collective customer is. He’s young, he’s not so serious, maybe he likes to skate, and perhaps listen to hip-hop. He was a lot like you, actually, back when you weren’t so conscious of being an aged fashionista or trying to look serious in your grown-man clothes, when in fact you look even more ridiculous trying to do so.

See its not about us since we're a lost cause as far as he's concerned but he's worried about streetwear not being streetwear anymore. We don't have a dog in this fight really.

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

when is the knit tie appropriate?
it seems like i wouldnt wear it to work.
(i work at a bank)
It's for more casual occasions.  I'm not sure how strict a bank is, but a dark solid color knit tie seem to be OK.  May wanna check with your manager though.  The cats at my local Chase don't even wear ties. 
laugh.gif

I can somewhat relate to what the article was talking about.  I used to buy a lot of The 100s shirts during their come up, ie their "Simply Gangster" or "Cali is for haters" t shirts.  I'd go check weekly to see what's new.  And of course they would match my SB's and stuff.  I still wear 'cartoon-y' t shirts today, but paired with Jack Purcells and fitted jeans that aren't sagging.

I sized down 1 full size for the regular Jack Purcells like you posed. I wear 9.5 in Nike and wear 8.5 in those.

Wow really? I got true to size on my Purcells and I needed to switch insoles to a thinner one cuz they were too small with the thick JP insoles in there

I normally wear Black dress shoes with my suit (grey), but its getting pretty beat up. What yall think about brown dress shoes with a grey suit?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by peep tha sneaKs

I normally wear Black dress shoes with my suit (grey), but its getting pretty beat up. What yall think about brown dress shoes with a grey suit?

Thanks.

it can be done, check out paul walker's suit in GQ. i think you have to wear a brown belt that matches your brown shoes

Originally Posted by rcdp

Wow really? I got true to size on my Purcells and I needed to switch insoles to a thinner one cuz they were too small with the thick JP insoles in there
I have 4 pairs of Jacks.  2 are the low tops that was posted, both are 8.5.  And I have 2 pairs of Racers, like RFX's pick up, and those are 9. 

It also depends on your feet when it boils down.  Just like how the majority of us say to size down on Clarks DB's, some people think they fit true.

Originally Posted by rcdp

do you have wide feet? I usually order by eur size (since american is so inconsistent) but I wear a 42.5-43 (9-9.5) in jp's, its at least a half size down from what I wear in other shoes which equates a 43 as a size 10

but jordan/nike is an entirely different story

Originally Posted by peep tha sneaKs

Thanks.
Gray is a neutral color, it would look great with either black or brown shoes.  I'd get another brown piece to accent it somehow though, be it a belt or a tie or whatever.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Y'know he's not talking about us the consumer, he's talking about other designers:

As a consumer, if you wanna go get your grown man on, enjoy yourself. You’ve moved beyond streetwear, I understand, and I’m sorry to see you go. But for our fellow streetwear brand-runners, I think it’s important to remember who our collective customer is. He’s young, he’s not so serious, maybe he likes to skate, and perhaps listen to hip-hop. He was a lot like you, actually, back when you weren’t so conscious of being an aged fashionista or trying to look serious in your grown-man clothes, when in fact you look even more ridiculous trying to do so.

See its not about us since we're a lost cause as far as he's concerned but he's worried about streetwear not being streetwear anymore. We don't have a dog in this fight really.
I agree that The Hundreds post was more about Streetwear Designers losing their influence in designing streetwear and trying to follow certain clothing trends.  I received an email earlier today for a spring preview for a streetwear brand that had very few articles of clothing that would be considered streetwear.  These brands are in jeopardy of losing their core identity and fading away with the trends.  
I have a lot of respect for The Hundreds in my previous dealings with them, including personal emails, hand written notes on the packaging, and the care and pride they put into their products.  I hope they continue to produce credible streetwear clothing that shows their influences growing up, because I may not wear The Hundreds clothing as much as before, but it doesn't mean that their style is not right for someone and influencing them in a positive way.  

End of rant.  

God I love sales. 

Just got done hitting up Harvey Nichols in Dubai, and I got a crackhead deal on some shirts.  My bill for these six shirts was well over $1,400
sick.gif
frown.gif
, but they were having a 70% liquidation
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
, so I had to jump on it.  In the end, my final invoice was only $437.  This may be on of my best come ups EVER!!!

Back
Top Bottom