Dressing better

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Question about the dress shirt worn with a suit.

Should a custom shirt have a left pocket in the shirt or no pocket? I'm assuming it's a personal preference.

Any help is appreciated.

Technically, i think a dress shirt should have no pockets. Pockets on the front of a shirt was a creation by Brooks Brothers in the 50s. It may give you a place to stash things ie be functional, but it does not give you a slim silhouette per se. I personally prefer my dress shirts without pockets.

Now i dont mind pockets on my "work wear" or casual shirts.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Should a custom shirt have a left pocket in the shirt or no pocket? I'm assuming it's a personal preference.

Any help is appreciated.

Technically, i think a dress shirt should have no pockets. Pockets on the front of a shirt was a creation by Brooks Brothers in the 50s. It may give you a place to stash things ie be functional, but it does not give you a slim silhouette per se. I personally prefer my dress shirts without pockets.

Hope that helps.

Ugh I was so happy that BBs ESF sport shirts doesn't have the logo anymore but instead of leaving it plain, they put a chest pocket. 
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Any help is appreciated.

Hope that helps.

Ugh I was so happy that BBs ESF sport shirts doesn't have the logo anymore but instead of leaving it plain, they put a chest pocket. 
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Can you have a tailor take them off?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Am I the only one who's not a fan of these retro leather motorcycle jackets? It's too Adam Lambert-%!% for me 
sick.gif

you are NOT alone....but then again i can only really pull off the "heritage" look...not mad at the other side of things with the asymetrical stuff, slim leathers, and lanvins and shtuff (speaking of, nice ones up there^^)
the facial hair kinda forces me into the grandpa thing
laugh.gif

yea, there's no way to assume that dude felt more let down about "who" was wearing it than what was actually being worn...
indifferent.gif
 the fit aint even that bad. taper up the pants a bit and it's a solid look. Definitely no need for a
sick.gif

Guess it's because I'm looking for an actual ToJ site to order from but where/what site do you place orders with? When I google them I get a bunch of sites with just pictures...no order options (that I see at least)

It's my relaxed/slouchier look for spring so it is a bit different.
Different angle:
BMdaQ.jpg

Originally Posted by VaBoiInATL

Guess it's because I'm looking for an actual ToJ site to order from but where/what site do you place orders with? When I google them I get a bunch of sites with just pictures...no order options (that I see at least)

You order by e-mailing them.

[email protected]

Am I the only one who's not a fan of these retro leather motorcycle jackets? It's too Adam Lambert-%!% for me 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

These are interpretation of classic jackets, don't mistake them for the flamboyant and gaudy sparkling jacket Lambert or Kanye wears.

Also, different PS of the colors available for the 2011 DR & Moto:

yo... quick question for the people who dress better...

can i rock a polo with a v neck sweater on top?

today i had a black and white striped polo with a black v-neck sweater over it ..
my brother said it didnt work ..

opinions ??

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

planning to get a suit from Banana Republic with the F&F sale coming up

any experiences with them and how do their suits fit and any suggestions on a particular one
Depends on how you're built (pause) but BR suits generally fit like trash.  Even their tailored or slim fit isn't what most would think of as slim.
This isn't true. The tailored fit works really well for me straight off the rack, and the modern fit is good after waist suppression.
Gotta agree with this dude regarding the tailored fit.  No experience with modern, though.

I'm tall and lean, and their suits fit as if they were custom-made for me.

Originally Posted by RFX45

sick.gif
laugh.gif

These are interpretation of classic jackets, don't mistake them for the flamboyant and gaudy sparkling jacket Lambert or Kanye wears.
I respect your style and opinion, but sorry, it's all the same #+** to me
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom