Driving a really nice car and living with your parents (age 21+)

Originally Posted by Put em up

NYC state of mind.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Independence is underrated, especially if you have money and live in a major city. If I was going to live at home, I'd rather use that extra money and invest in something. I'm not a big car guy though. 

Originally Posted by Put em up

NYC state of mind.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Independence is underrated, especially if you have money and live in a major city. If I was going to live at home, I'd rather use that extra money and invest in something. I'm not a big car guy though. 

Guess it depends on your parents.
If your parents are really chill and aren't all up in your business then it's cool.

Guess it depends on your parents.
If your parents are really chill and aren't all up in your business then it's cool.

Your priorities would be out of order, imo.  You should save up to move out of your parents house then get the car.  How's it gonna look if you're a grown %+* man trying to sneak chicks into your room
30t6p3b.gif

Your priorities would be out of order, imo.  You should save up to move out of your parents house then get the car.  How's it gonna look if you're a grown %+* man trying to sneak chicks into your room
30t6p3b.gif

Not an adult move to make - but man if you can do it, you may as well live it up!

I never went this route - but for a couple years past 21+ I lived in either a second home or with another family member, so rent free, and I took advantage of it.

It's not the smartest financial advice - but how many times in your life do you think you're going to have $3000-$4000 in disposable income, after all your living expenses are handled? I know that's certainly not the case now - I spend between 3,000 to 4,000/month to cover mortgage, car/home insurance, utilities, TV/internet, gas, groceries.

I would like to have saved more money when I was in a rent free situation, but hind sight is 20/20.

So it is a foolish idea, but it definitely feels good to live a life of luxury typically reserved for people established in life in their 30s/40s. Seems like you'd enjoy it more in your youth.

Not an adult move to make - but man if you can do it, you may as well live it up!

I never went this route - but for a couple years past 21+ I lived in either a second home or with another family member, so rent free, and I took advantage of it.

It's not the smartest financial advice - but how many times in your life do you think you're going to have $3000-$4000 in disposable income, after all your living expenses are handled? I know that's certainly not the case now - I spend between 3,000 to 4,000/month to cover mortgage, car/home insurance, utilities, TV/internet, gas, groceries.

I would like to have saved more money when I was in a rent free situation, but hind sight is 20/20.

So it is a foolish idea, but it definitely feels good to live a life of luxury typically reserved for people established in life in their 30s/40s. Seems like you'd enjoy it more in your youth.

In all reality if you have the money this isn't a big deal

You are assuming the person took the money which they could have used to move out and bought a really nice car. That would be dumb

But if you have a lot of money just live at home to save up a ton of it, buy a nice car because you can afford it and get bunz in your parents house.....sounds like all around winning to me

In all reality if you have the money this isn't a big deal

You are assuming the person took the money which they could have used to move out and bought a really nice car. That would be dumb

But if you have a lot of money just live at home to save up a ton of it, buy a nice car because you can afford it and get bunz in your parents house.....sounds like all around winning to me

Originally Posted by moneymike88

This seems like a bad idea. I'm not sure why though. Any thoughts?

The list is endless of what is wrong with it.

1) It shows financial irresponsibility
2) you have parents who don't know how to set boundaries since they will let you leach off of their food and house while you frivolously spend your money.
3) any potential partner you have in the future will see themselves as your sugar mama, which is a big turnoff for most women
4) car notes aren't people who are financially responsible have (or brand new cars for that matter)

Just to name a few

Originally Posted by moneymike88

This seems like a bad idea. I'm not sure why though. Any thoughts?

The list is endless of what is wrong with it.

1) It shows financial irresponsibility
2) you have parents who don't know how to set boundaries since they will let you leach off of their food and house while you frivolously spend your money.
3) any potential partner you have in the future will see themselves as your sugar mama, which is a big turnoff for most women
4) car notes aren't people who are financially responsible have (or brand new cars for that matter)

Just to name a few

Back
Top Bottom