Driving a really nice car and living with your parents (age 21+)

Originally Posted by eaalto

Not an adult move to make - but man if you can do it, you may as well live it up!

but hind sight is 20/20.

So it is a foolish idea, but it definitely feels good to live a life of luxury typically reserved for people established in life in their 30s/40s. Seems like you'd enjoy it more in your youth.
QFT.. on some real %*!+.. i been on my own since i was 17 and it took me a few years to be able to drive something that was
pimp.gif
but i woulda def copped something serious if i didnt have rent/bills/groceries and all that.. before i bought my house i had a craaaazy apartment.. and im happy i did it and had the chance to live a way that alot of people wouldnt have the opportunity to. same goes for the whip..

so IMO if you can..  $##! it doooo it!!!!!
pimp.gif

Not an adult move to make - but man if you can do it, you may as well live it up!

but hind sight is 20/20.

So it is a foolish idea, but it definitely feels good to live a life of luxury typically reserved for people established in life in their 30s/40s. Seems like you'd enjoy it more in your youth.
QFT.. on some real %*!+.. i been on my own since i was 17 and it took me a few years to be able to drive something that was
pimp.gif
but i woulda def copped something serious if i didnt have rent/bills/groceries and all that.. before i bought my house i had a craaaazy apartment.. and im happy i did it and had the chance to live a way that alot of people wouldnt have the opportunity to. same goes for the whip..

so IMO if you can..  $##! it doooo it!!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

i live at home and drive a hoopty so...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but i wouldnt do it...

and it doesnt just happen in NYC... its happens in hoods ALL OVER the place.

i cant tell you how many times i've seen old school donks chargers on 22" swangaz and 24s sittin in the projects or at their mama's house.

the heauxs dont care cuz in the hood, its COMPLETELY backwards.

they dont care about your home, or earning power. they car about being seen. you got a nice house, nice tv w/ a coralla?

they'll
roll.gif
 at you... cant take that nice house and nice tv to the club... they cant be seen riding in your 3 bedroom house, or riding on your 55" 3d tv...

but... they CAN be seen in that Cadillac Escalade on them 22" swangaz w/ the 5th wheel hangin off the back w/ the candy paint...

doesnt matter if they get snuck into mom's house, or sleeping with roaches crawling around....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

i live at home and drive a hoopty so...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but i wouldnt do it...

and it doesnt just happen in NYC... its happens in hoods ALL OVER the place.

i cant tell you how many times i've seen old school donks chargers on 22" swangaz and 24s sittin in the projects or at their mama's house.

the heauxs dont care cuz in the hood, its COMPLETELY backwards.

they dont care about your home, or earning power. they car about being seen. you got a nice house, nice tv w/ a coralla?

they'll
roll.gif
 at you... cant take that nice house and nice tv to the club... they cant be seen riding in your 3 bedroom house, or riding on your 55" 3d tv...

but... they CAN be seen in that Cadillac Escalade on them 22" swangaz w/ the 5th wheel hangin off the back w/ the candy paint...

doesnt matter if they get snuck into mom's house, or sleeping with roaches crawling around....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i've done it and on top of being home around family and feeling great it was the hardest thing i've done so far in this life .

i've done it and on top of being home around family and feeling great it was the hardest thing i've done so far in this life .

Yeah it happens everywhere.

A kid I grew up with was 21 years old, living with his parents and had three cars (beamer, z06 corvette, and grand cherokee.) He finally moved out but he definitely looked like a @@%$%$! for a little bit with those cars in front of his mom's house.

I never went this route - but for a couple years past 21+ I lived in either a second home or with another family member, so rent free, and I took advantage of it.

It's not the smartest financial advice - but how many times in your life do you think you're going to have $3000-$4000 in disposable income, after all your living expenses are handled? I know that's certainly not the case now - I spend between 3,000 to 4,000/month to cover mortgage, car/home insurance, utilities, TV/internet, gas, groceries.

I would like to have saved more money when I was in a rent free situation, but hind sight is 20/20.

Totally agree with this +1

I never went this route - but for a couple years past 21+ I lived in either a second home or with another family member, so rent free, and I took advantage of it.

It's not the smartest financial advice - but how many times in your life do you think you're going to have $3000-$4000 in disposable income, after all your living expenses are handled? I know that's certainly not the case now - I spend between 3,000 to 4,000/month to cover mortgage, car/home insurance, utilities, TV/internet, gas, groceries.

I would like to have saved more money when I was in a rent free situation, but hind sight is 20/20.

Totally agree with this +1

A kid I grew up with was 21 years old, living with his parents and had three cars (beamer, z06 corvette, and grand cherokee.) He finally moved out but he definitely looked like a @@%$%$! for a little bit with those cars in front of his mom's house.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

eek.gif
 three cars
he might have had bread but wanted to live at home

eek.gif
 three cars

Not a good idea in my opinion. If you're living with your parents, you should be saving as much money as possible...

Not a good idea in my opinion. If you're living with your parents, you should be saving as much money as possible...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Your priorities would be out of order, imo.  You should save up to move out of your parents house then get the car.  How's it gonna look if you're a grown %+* man trying to sneak chicks into your room
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Your priorities would be out of order, imo.  You should save up to move out of your parents house then get the car.  How's it gonna look if you're a grown %+* man trying to sneak chicks into your room
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

eek.gif
 three cars

I'm pretty sure every penny he had was going towards those cars. Now he makes good money and has his own place and the cars.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

eek.gif
 three cars

I'm pretty sure every penny he had was going towards those cars. Now he makes good money and has his own place and the cars.

Back
Top Bottom