Drug Dealing Music Discussion

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Few songs are entirely about selling drugs.
And the ones that are (Clipseetc)..how many >16 year olds listen to Clipse
they listen to mainstream trash, and no kid is gonna look for a connect because they heard a few bars that glorified selling
The glorification of selling drugs has existed for ages the capones/mafia during prohibition and later on were expressed through movies..that stigma was already present.
Its all a fantasy.
You hear these freestyle/battle dudes that talk about bricks and onions..its just another subject to talk about.

and as stated before Clipse>>>>>>*
when it comes to drug dealing rap, and rap in general.
There is an art behind their work, its not as much just another topic for them to ramble about over catchy beats for sales

These dudes lyin on wax. Im waiting for dudes book though.

I used to move brown rectangles
Roll you a blunt, then smoke you with death's angel
Chrome trey pound is making your neck dangle
Blue trey eight is leaving your chest mangled
It's math but the gun could kill you at all angles
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

Why? Why do they let these kids listen to it, then make these rappers seem like "gods" all it's doing is messing with the youths minds man. Common sense would tell you that, most likely you'd get arrested if everyday you sell cocaine, then tell the world what you do?!?? In short all im saying is its messed up how folk get so much money when they claim to do all these illegal things and show the youth you can become very successful nowadays. White or Black race is not the issue its about the kids and the future. Its lyrical genocide for real. Talking about selling harmful drugs to each other and killing/shooting each other +@*!?! All im saying is at the end of the day music is music, i just hope yall THINK about that and focus on what should be important in your life.
Honestly I don't quite get your point. First of all since when is drug dealing music meant for children? Secondly, you should have an issuewith the environment these rappers grew up in, like KRS-one once said rappers are the street/hood reporters, that tell you about the things the newswouldn't. See I have a bigger problem with rappers that haven't lived in these environments then rap about it, that basically makes it satire. By theway you also touched on "success", I would like you to show me one person that has become wealthy w/o profiting on the pain and suffering of others

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Why? Why do they let these kids listen to it, then make these rappers seem like "gods" all it's doing is messing with the youths minds man. Common sense would tell you that, most likely you'd get arrested if everyday you sell cocaine, then tell the world what you do?!?? In short all im saying is its messed up how folk get so much money when they claim to do all these illegal things and show the youth you can become very successful nowadays. White or Black race is not the issue its about the kids and the future. Its lyrical genocide for real. Talking about selling harmful drugs to each other and killing/shooting each other +@*!?! All im saying is at the end of the day music is music, i just hope yall THINK about that and focus on what should be important in your life.
Honestly I don't quite get your point. First of all since when is drug dealing music meant for children? Secondly, you should have an issue with the environment these rappers grew up in, like KRS-one once said rappers are the street/hood reporters, that tell you about the things the news wouldn't. See I have a bigger problem with rappers that haven't lived in these environments then rap about it, that basically makes it satire. By the way you also touched on "success", I would like you to show me one person that has become wealthy w/o profiting on the pain and suffering of others

It is intended for children, believe it or not. Why do u think OJ da Juiceman and Gucci were all over the radio last year. I still say the industry puts outthis music to harm our youth. At the end of the day adults know right from wrong, kids on the other hand...

drugs in rap music in 2009 really now 2010 ?

i though rap was about @#$#$ emo fruits who now wear skinny jeans ?

2zxr2xh.jpg
you dont want to end up like these two clowns unless your 11 teen to 17

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Honestly I don't quite get your point. First of all since when is drug dealing music meant for children? Secondly, you should have an issue with the environment these rappers grew up in, like KRS-one once said rappers are the street/hood reporters, that tell you about the things the news wouldn't. See I have a bigger problem with rappers that haven't lived in these environments then rap about it, that basically makes it satire. By the way you also touched on "success", I would like you to show me one person that has become wealthy w/o profiting on the pain and suffering of others

It is intended for children, believe it or not. Why do u think OJ da Juiceman and Gucci were all over the radio last year. I still say the industry puts out this music to harm our youth. At the end of the day adults know right from wrong, kids on the other hand...
I don't remember hearing Gucci or Rick Ross on radio Disney, .......................................

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

These dudes lyin on wax.
Not really.

yet dude just said "all i do is paint a picture" and "in the booth I can drive as many bentleys as I want, I can hop in as many g5's as I want".
I like the Clipse even more now. Dude flat out said it's all entertainment.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

These dudes lyin on wax.
Not really.

yet dude just said "all i do is paint a picture" and "in the booth I can drive as many bentleys as I want, I can hop in as many g5's as I want".

Since when is it cool to lie? That's why hip-hop is in the state it's in. No authenticity anymore, just a bunch of fake gangsta wannabe's sellintheir sole for a deal.

It is intended for children, believe it or not. Why do u think OJ da Juiceman and Gucci were all over the radio last year. I still say the industry puts out this music to harm our youth. At the end of the day adults know right from wrong, kids on the other hand...
I don't remember hearing Gucci or Rick Ross on radio Disney, .......................................

Im talking about mainstream FM radio as well as BET. Songs like "wasted" and "quarter-brick" should not be getting top spins on stations.

These dudes lyin on wax.
Not really.

Since when is it cool to lie? That's why hip-hop is in the state it's in. No authenticity anymore, just a bunch of fake gangsta wannabe's sellin their sole for a deal.
C'mon man, it's all entertainment...always has been.

I feel bad for y'all that thought what you were listening to and aspiring to be was real life.

These dudes lyin on wax.
Not really.

Wouldn't you say that too after a partner of yours got knocked with 10 million in drug money?

I'm just sayin.....

Im talking about mainstream FM radio as well as BET. Songs like "wasted" and "quarter-brick" should not be getting top spins on stations.
I completely agree.

These dudes lyin on wax.
Not really.

Since when is it cool to lie? That's why hip-hop is in the state it's in. No authenticity anymore, just a bunch of fake gangsta wannabe's sellin their sole for a deal.
C'mon man, it's all entertainment...always has been.

I feel bad for y'all that thought what you were listening to and aspiring to be was real life.

The only reason I gave dudes like this a pass is because I felt like they were telling their story. But when you find out it's all fake you start torealize that the industry/record labels are just commoditizing culture for profit. See Rick Ross, Plies, Clipse ect

Sir have you ever been a trap before ??? Because last time I check ain't nothing art about sitting up in a raggedy house waiting to make a sell. You runyou're mouth about hiphop having fake gangsters but the first people you call out is gucci and Oj where is your logic.....it's dudes in the A who willslap you silly for questioning those dudes credibility.....they might not be the best rappers, but Its fact that them dudes had traps all over the east side ofAtlanta....and hiphop been had rappers who Lie since the start so kill that crap

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Sir have you ever been a trap before ??? Because last time I check ain't nothing art about sitting up in a raggedy house waiting to make a sell. You run you're mouth about hiphop having fake gangsters but the first people you call out is gucci and Oj where is your logic.....it's dudes in the A who will slap you silly for questioning those dudes credibility.....they might not be the best rappers, but Its fact that them dudes had traps all over the east side of Atlanta....and hiphop been had rappers who Lie since the start so kill that crap

It obviously is an art form if dudes is getting mills to write 16's about trapping like it or not. When did I question OJ and Gucci's cred, I saiddudes like clipse, plies, and rick ross so check yourself. And no hip-hop used to be an artform as well as a life style to represent struggle, this lying stuffdidn't become cool till the late 90's when corporations saw the dollar signs they could make off the backs of these artists. EDIT: and like i saidearlier, dudes like gucci and oj get a pass if that's how they are really living, all I said is their music shouldn't be getting the spins that theydo. Everybody knows these foo's can't rap to save their life. Their music should stay in the traphouse not the billboard top100

It obviously is an art form if dudes is getting mills to write 16's about trapping like it or not. When did I question OJ and Gucci's cred, I said dudes like clipse, plies, and rick ross so check yourself. And no hip-hop used to be an artform as well as a life style to represent struggle, this lying stuff didn't become cool till the late 90's when corporations saw the dollar signs they could make off the backs of these artists. EDIT: and like i said earlier, dudes like gucci and oj get a pass if that's how they are really living, all I said is their music shouldn't be getting the spins that they do. Everybody knows these foo's can't rap to save their life. Their music should stay in the traphouse not the billboard top100

"Didn't become cool until the late 90's"?

N.W.A. was lying like Pinocchio; they talked the most outrageous mess. NONE of them were doing even half the things they were saying, guaranteed.

I guess personally, I don't get too far into the most superficial rappers (Jeezy, Gucci, Game). For every time period (even in the height of the drugbragging) there's been true poets out there keeping things real. Rakim, Tribe Called Quest, Common, Del the Funkee... now I think rap in 2010 is about toget farther than it's ever been from drug talk. Kid Cudi, Kanye, dudes like that are leading the charge to return rap to musicality and not justJeezy's trap adventures.

Don't get me wrong, guys like Clipse, Wu-Tang, Pac, Biggie, Nas are still high on my list. I see them as what someone mentioned above, though..."street reporters". Listening to Illmatic is like taking a stroll through Queensbridge with someone narrating... and yeah, there's some drugsinvolved - because it's there. Of course I can't relate, but if it's good rap it's almost like watching a movie (like Malice said in thevideo).

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Don't listen to songs that talk about it.
Problem solved.

he's saying its destroying the minds of the kids not necessarily his own. just because you ignore it doesn't mean it isn't still going on.

Back
Top Bottom