DS OG XIV - midsole is sticky

Both of my DS OG XIV's have sticky midsoles.  Its where the glitter area is.  Not sure if the pics show anything or not.  I pulled them out of the boxes a few days ago and discovered it.  The weird thing is that its only on the left shoe of the white pair and the right shoe of the black pair.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I have another pair of the black ones that I wear, but they've never had the problem.  
95e252fe0a76d8254f896b6e816acd3dd843e7e.jpg
5fb3573fe7077f02852c49ac934f285e98bee97.jpg
96e352ceeec67c5985484ed699942584d3cc43f.jpg
04735972e62b7c6b8f1e4fcf94029ceb1561576.jpg

Both of my DS OG XIV's have sticky midsoles.  Its where the glitter area is.  Not sure if the pics show anything or not.  I pulled them out of the boxes a few days ago and discovered it.  The weird thing is that its only on the left shoe of the white pair and the right shoe of the black pair.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I have another pair of the black ones that I wear, but they've never had the problem.  
95e252fe0a76d8254f896b6e816acd3dd843e7e.jpg
5fb3573fe7077f02852c49ac934f285e98bee97.jpg
96e352ceeec67c5985484ed699942584d3cc43f.jpg
04735972e62b7c6b8f1e4fcf94029ceb1561576.jpg

word the same thing happened to my white/black/red pair of 14's

i thought i was the only one
396445555.jpg

396445556.jpg

as you can see there sticky and dirty from years of use 
roll.gif

i dont think i can clean them 

word the same thing happened to my white/black/red pair of 14's

i thought i was the only one
396445555.jpg

396445556.jpg

as you can see there sticky and dirty from years of use 
roll.gif

i dont think i can clean them 

Same thing happened to mine.  White ones are sticky, but the black ones are not.  Go figure.

Same thing happened to mine.  White ones are sticky, but the black ones are not.  Go figure.

and people said the original jordans where made with quality materials

its the same cheap crap that has always been used on jays

and people said the original jordans where made with quality materials

its the same cheap crap that has always been used on jays

So weird that they do that. Wish I knew what it was since it seems to happen randomly. I'm wondering if I can wipe it clean or if its the actual paint doing it.

So weird that they do that. Wish I knew what it was since it seems to happen randomly. I'm wondering if I can wipe it clean or if its the actual paint doing it.

It's just something in the paint. My og low top colombia blue XIV's are like that but my indiglo's and oxidized green pairs are perfect. Probably just the way they were stored.

It's just something in the paint. My og low top colombia blue XIV's are like that but my indiglo's and oxidized green pairs are perfect. Probably just the way they were stored.

same thing happened to the pair of og black toes i bought. it was only on the left shoe, which was the one that happened to be the one that was positioned at the opening of the shoebox.
i gather wherever the original owner had them stored was a bit too humid for the clear coat.
i've also noticed it with other older pairs that have icy soles. the shoe that is by the opening (usually the left shoe) always seems to yellow faster. i've started to rotate my shoes because of this.

same thing happened to the pair of og black toes i bought. it was only on the left shoe, which was the one that happened to be the one that was positioned at the opening of the shoebox.
i gather wherever the original owner had them stored was a bit too humid for the clear coat.
i've also noticed it with other older pairs that have icy soles. the shoe that is by the opening (usually the left shoe) always seems to yellow faster. i've started to rotate my shoes because of this.

Same here. I reckon it has something to do with the breakdown of the shiny finish over the years. Always thought it was accelerated by the humidity where I was but seeing the prevalence in the responses, it looks like a common problem.

Same here. I reckon it has something to do with the breakdown of the shiny finish over the years. Always thought it was accelerated by the humidity where I was but seeing the prevalence in the responses, it looks like a common problem.

Posting all the way from Sydney Australia ...

i have a pair of VNDS OG black toe XIV and i too have the sticky sole problem.

I use to store them in the box on layind down on the side. and when i take it out of the box to wear they have a very sticky residue.

I used a sift brush and warm water + washing detergent and gently scrub off the sticky residue, no harm to the soles and they come of white and new again.
wink.gif

I now store them flat in the box, so the sides of the shoes are not touching the box and it seems to help.

Posting all the way from Sydney Australia ...

i have a pair of VNDS OG black toe XIV and i too have the sticky sole problem.

I use to store them in the box on layind down on the side. and when i take it out of the box to wear they have a very sticky residue.

I used a sift brush and warm water + washing detergent and gently scrub off the sticky residue, no harm to the soles and they come of white and new again.
wink.gif

I now store them flat in the box, so the sides of the shoes are not touching the box and it seems to help.

Back
Top Bottom