DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

About to go on a journey to Arrakis. I'm here in the theater right now and booked a 4DX viewing. I'm by myself but who cares. Theater is all mine. Although I could opted for the Imax viewing. I'm trying this out on how it would feel like being in Arrakis. No problem and might go on a 2nd viewing on Imax or view it months from now on our awesome U8k miniled TV at home. The reds and orange on that TV is fantastic.

The audio is as great as the visuals. Went to the bathroom when there were some explosions and the bathroom felt like a warzone. 4DX probably a great experience.

just got home after watching Dune Part 2. Unfortunately, my initial rating for the movie is a disappointing 8/10 and let me tell you why.

the movie is a cinematic masterpiece and deserves all the hype. eventhough there are a few weak moments on the film where the script or dialogue could have been better. I also saw some some deviation or changes from the novel but I see where Denis is trying to lead the story to which for me could be a nice or good change.

so why the disappointment or score? simple, I went to watch it on 4DX and unfortunately of all the time in the world, it was broken. so all the anticipation and excitement pretty much a downer from the get-go and ruined the entire mood of the viewing experience. while the picture and sound were great, it was missing that crucial element which would have made the experience amazing.

as I mentioned, I came in by myself only to see a few more people enter the theater and were quite outrage. on the otherhand, the incident made it possible for me to watch it the 2nd time since they issued some passes to us viewers. I would definitely watch it again but this time more focused on the experience than the movie.

Why not just walk out and ask for a refund given the 4D function wasn’t working?
it wasn't entirely a waste of time. besides, first I got to watch the whole amazing movie. secondly, I got a free pass for any movie I want the next time. so it's like getting a freebie. there were a couple that walked out earlier but I guess they weren't really into the movie so it's their loss. rest of the crowd stayed inspite of the disappointment.

btw, the free pass was only given as we exited the theatre. so not sure if those early walkers were given the same compensation.

Last edited:
Booked a trip for one last ride to Arrakis
20183024by-DRNDWv.gif

Back
Top Bottom