DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

I’m washed. I used to be able to watch a movie in theaters multiple times like endgame and Spidey 3. But not anymore. Especially with a runtime like that. I’ll catch it at home tho :lol:

i have to prep

i literally eat and drinks hours before or starve myself and eat afterwrads

i also count the trailers and by the 4th or 5th one i go to the bathroom and its usually nicole kidman on screen by the time i get back

got it down to science!

:rofl:

When paul puts on his fathers ring and proclaims he is the duke of arrakis....

and it cuts to Gurney

9174200e461bacbcaa81419babb501a4.gif

Last edited:
I hope the same bodes for me at my AMC IMAX. I remember when Dolby was introduced and i was blown away. I haven't been to my theaters IMAX since they did a remodel so i'm excited to see how much better it is if in fact it is compared to Dolby. The Dolby theater was great man the seats rumbled hella during the sandworm scenes.
My beef with my Dolby theater is they were greedy and when the seats are fully reclined my feet hit the wall in front of me. So even though the IMAX isn't reclining seats, the seats are brand new and comfortable and I might prefer it

What’s the big change? With spoiler tags.

someone who has a less washed memory than me or has read the book more recently can explain it better but…

chani in the book is a devout supporter like stilgar and she always stood by pauls side

in the movie, it ended with her leaving for the dessert and seemingly mad at paul

and that will have a huge impact in the third film because in the book they were together and in the film it looks like they ate going to war against each other?

in messiah paul and chani are trying to get pregnant because he wants a proginy but she is being poisoned by irulan i believe so its preventing pregancy

i dont think paul could see it because they were to block his visions but in the visions he had before, he saw chani dying if she gives birth so maybe he was just in denial and conflicted

i only type all of that to say the way the 2nd film ended, that big plot from the book is probably not going to happen

Can you post the article? I would like to read it in its entirety.

Dune Messiah is a good book, It has a very different tone than the first book. It would be tough to adapt primarily because there's very little action. The book is about back door dealings and political intrigue. Apparently Denis it's already closer finishing the script for Dune Messiah so it would be interesting to see what direction he goes in.

After Dune Messiah the story goes off the rails a little bit.

I’m sure Denis is well aware that you can’t end a movie on a war cliffhanger and have minimal action in the next film :lol:

Dune Messiah is a good book, It has a very different tone than the first book. It would be tough to adapt primarily because there's very little action. The book is about back door dealings and political intrigue. Apparently Denis it's already closer finishing the script for Dune Messiah so it would be interesting to see what direction he goes in.

It's a free article you can click to read, but basically summarizes what you posted.

someone who has a less washed memory than me or has read the book more recently can explain it better but…

chani in the book is a devout supporter like stilgar and she always stood by pauls side

in the movie, it ended with her leaving for the dessert and seemingly mad at paul

and that will have a huge impact in the third film because in the book they were together and in the film it looks like they ate going to war against each other?

in messiah paul and chani are trying to get pregnant because he wants a proginy but she is being poisoned by irulan i believe so its preventing pregancy

i dont think paul could see it because they were to block his visions but in the visions he had before, he saw chani dying if she gives birth so maybe he was just in denial and conflicted

i only type all of that to say the way the 2nd film ended, that big plot from the book is probably not going to happen
I just wanted to make sure you were talking about the Chani change.

Also is part three going to be loosely based on the third book? Or just thematically influenced?

It seems like Chani might lead a resistance against Paul.

And Paul did look like a big a hole at the end but the Harkinens were clearly the antagonists. Would Paul be the thirds antagonist? Who would be the protagonist? Chani?

I can understand why they won’t follow the second book based on that article. I wouldn’t want to see that on the screen. I didn’t like Part One as much because of all that world building, politics, etc. Denis making his own part Three.

Denis is close to making the new epic trilogy a la Star Wars EP 4-6 and Peter Jackson’s LoTR.

I’m also curious on what he’ll be working on in the meanwhile?

I’m also curious on what he’ll be working on in the meanwhile?

“I have four projects on the table, currently. One of them is a secret project that I cannot talk about right now, but that needs to see the light of day quite quickly. So it would be a good idea to do something in between projects, before tackling Dune Messiah and Cleopatra. All these projects are still being written, so we’ll see where they go, but I have no control over that.”

I have the first 2 books but have read neither.

Am i right in thinking book one encompasses the first two movies?

“I have four projects on the table, currently. One of them is a secret project that I cannot talk about right now, but that needs to see the light of day quite quickly. So it would be a good idea to do something in between projects, before tackling Dune Messiah and Cleopatra. All these projects are still being written, so we’ll see where they go, but I have no control over that.”

Sicario 3 is rumored to be that “secret project” that’s getting off the ground quickly…Cleopatra been kicking around for a while too…Only reason he passed on Sicario 2 was because he was working on these two Dune movies…

I’d expect one or both of these to land before he does Dune Part 3…There’s obviously going to a bit of a time jump anyways due to how he’s already portrayed Alia so that should be fine…Sucks that we’ll all probably have to wait a bit though…

Last edited:
I never saw part two. Part one was fiyah. Denis is like Nolan in that these streaming platforms need to put their entire catalogs on their platforms!!

Was hoping one of his other projects was “Rendezvous with Rama” because that one sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom