Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

And I really don't see Durant being a much better defender.
why tho? everyone had the same thoughts on bron
For starters, Durant is a scrawny @ss *%#+*.

Basically.

Lebron at least had an NBA body when coming in and he just built on his body season after season. It's going to be hard for Durant to be a good defender inthe league when he's only 215 pounds. He has the length, but he can definitely be posted up by players who are just as long as him and bigger.

I can't wait for Gay to $+@% Durant thin ##+ up on the block this season though.
laugh.gif
Those will be some good battles.

He can be dominant on offense all he wants, but like I said in order for him to be in the same consideration as one of the best players in the league he willhave to be good/great defensively and also be able to carry a team on his back. Why you think Carmelo still hasn't be considered one of the best players inthe league yet? He's definitely one of the best offensively in the league, but its not saying much when you can't carry a team on your own andcan't step up defensively. He's slowly coming around though.

Yall dudes act like KD can't gain any weight, do you remember how thin Kobe and T-Mac were when their first couple seasons in the league, it's not likehe can put on weight. They have him listed as 6'9'' 215 lbs (which I seriously doubt is the correct weight) but just for comparison T-Mac is at6'9'' 223. I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard for him to gain 10 or so pounds, he doesn't need to be overly big at all sincehe's so skilled offensively already and can get his shot whenever he wants to. As far as defensively, with his work ethic, he'll only get better andwhen he gets to that level where he wants to lockdown the opposing teams best player and is capable of doing it it's a wrap. There's no doubt in mymind that within the next 3 years he'll be a top 3 player in the league.

Durant hasn't reached his potential. in a few years and roughly 40 lbs, son will be an instant all star.

And as far as weight, it's not all that important for a player like him anyway since he gets most of his points off jumpers yet is capable of going to thehoop as well, I mean look at Kobe when they played the Cavs this year an Bron was on him, Kobe took him down to the post numerous times and backed him downeven though Bron outweighs him by some 40+ lbs. It not about pure mass, KD just needs to get a stronger core and he'll be fine, cause he can shoot overalmost everyone in the league with relative ease.

Durant may be a better shooter but he's not a better player than LeBron. LeBron's overrated defensively but he's better than KD right now. The samegoes for passing and rebounding. Kevin's got a great work ethic and has a world of promise, but he can only match LeBron in terms of scoring in the bestcase scenario.

so why is Tayshaun Prince locking people up and they have him listed as the same height and weight as KD

I can't wait for Gay to $+@% Durant thin ##+ up on the block this season though.
laugh.gif
Those will be some good battles.
rudy puts people on the blocks once in a blue moon so you can stop that

Why you think Carmelo still hasn't be considered one of the best players in the league yet?
sure as hell had NOTHING to do with melo on D

You dudes are seriously over-exaggerating on his "lack of defense". Is he a stopper? No. But you dudes are making it seem like he's Jason Kaponoor some !@%@. Please stop. His length frustrated PLENTY of players...even after he moved to the SF position last season. Nobody was taking KD in the paint andabusing him like he was a little boy or something. If anything he found himself in trouble when facing smaller players on the perimeter...not in the paint.

laugh.gif
at people who dont think durant can be a very good defender because of his weight. his freakish length is more important than his weight. how you thinkguys like kirilenko and prince are such good defenders?

Durant has skills.....if lebron was durant size then lebron would be a back up.....I can't wait till lebron lose a step....he'll fall off like hell....

STOP COMPARING ME TO BRON...HES ON ANOTHER LEVEL!! CMON PEOPLE..BE SERIOUS36 minutes ago from web
laugh.gif

@KevinDurant35 U tripping I would never compare you to Bron!! Who ever did that is smoking crack lol what's up son! ..JBynoe...35 minutes ago from web in reply to KevinDurant35
@JBynoe GIVE ME SUM CREDIT SON..I CAN PLAY A LIL BIT DONT DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT DOG33 minutes ago from web in reply to JBynoe
@KevinDurant35 no disrespect. we love #lebron30 minutes ago from web in reply to KevinDurant35

white.png
@clevelanddotcom i felt disrespected..i kno lebron is like ur god but leave me out of it buddy26 minutes ago from web in reply to clevelanddotcom

@KevinDurant35 we didn't write that, it was a cleveland blogger, we just post a collection of cleve sports blogs.22 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to KevinDurant35

@clevelanddotcom oh aight18 minutes ago from web in reply to clevelanddotcom
roll.gif
Cleveland going in

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Durant has skills.....if lebron was durant size then lebron would be a back up.....I can't wait till lebron lose a step....he'll fall off like hell....
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

post pics of Yi so we can see what the heck you are talking about.it does no good to just say 'you must have missed the off-season thread"
by the way,im not talking crap thats just how i talk.

I'm saying even defensively, Durant would be more effective if he bulks up.

If you needed a defender, who you taking? Prince or James?

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Tayshaun Prince.

Ya'll are overrating THE BLUE HELL out of Lebron's defensive. Son made Carmelo dribble the ball off his leg in a game and then every day after that weheard that he was a great defender...SMH.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

really? this is a joke right?

Back
Top Bottom