Dwight Howard: Kevin Durant Is Better Than Lebron James

DCAllAmerican wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Durant seems to truly care about getting better, working, etc. 
Bron cares about his brand. 
That would be the angle I would take.  Bron thinks everything should be handed to him/given too him, Durant is hungry as @#$% to learn, work, compete, fight for all he can. 

With all due respect you still didn't explain to me why that equates with Durant will PROBABLY (more likely than not- which is what I am arguing) will be better than LeBron.

So WHAT if LeBron cares about his brand, does that mean he isn't heavily working on his game in-and-out? Why is it that humans believe other humans can't multitask? How does LeBron caring about his brand interfere with his skill development?

Well, that is what I was implying.  I don't believe Bron to be one of those "die-hard" workers.  I could be wrong, maybe he works 20 hours a day and I don't know it, but from what I have seen over the years, I don't see where he's improved other then his blocks from behind which is more about timing and athleticism.  His jumper is a little better, but not where it should be as of yet.  His post game is the same as my post game, I just don't feel he works like some others do.  If I'm wrong, and he proves to the world his greatness, then I'll tip my cap to him. 

Durant from what I can see, DOES work like a mad man.  And if he continues along that path, he could get past Bron.  Not that I am saying he will or has, but that he could.    

Today, Bron is the better player, but as I said, if I was picking teams right now to win or go home, I would take Durant.  Sometimes fighting and playing all out is better then sheer talent. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I can't believe this man INDIRECTLY said LeBron being worried about his brand means he isn't working on his game as much as Durant does. So because Durant is humble means he works harder than LeBron? Really? So there is a correlation to personality and work ethic? Money hunger and Work Ethic? Really? Just think about that CP dude.

The logic some of you dudes use at times is funny.
If you ask around, you'll see that I have questioned Bron's work ethic for goin on 4 years now.  This isn't me just saying this because he is a Heat now, or I just like Durant, I've spoken out on Bron's "work" many a time.  I used the brand quip as a joke implying such. 

Are you saying that you believe Bron to be one of "those" workers?  The nut jobs that sleep on the court and do nothing but think ball 24/7.  Is that what you think Bron is? 

Do you think Durant is one of those creatures? 

I understand that judging what another man does when the cameras are off is a little far fetched, but we are here debating on a message board, so I mean, what else could we talk about?  lol
But I've seen enough games, heard enough quotes from others, seen enough vids, chatted up with many other NTers' to draw a conclusion as to who is a tireless worker, and who is gettin by on skill. 

And by the way, Bron is like a year away from your magical 27 number.  So I mean, is it THAT big of stretch when someone says his game is what it is?  1 year?  It's not like he came in at 23 and we haven't had time to eval him.  Kid almost a decade under his belt.  A year from 27.  He's pretty damn close to, he is what he is. 

I can't believe this man INDIRECTLY said LeBron being worried about his brand means he isn't working on his game as much as Durant does. So because Durant is humble means he works harder than LeBron? Really? So there is a correlation to personality and work ethic? Money hunger and Work Ethic? Really? Just think about that CP dude.

If you ask around, you'll see that I have questioned Bron's work ethic for goin on 4 years now.  This isn't me just saying this because he is a Heat now, or I just like Durant, I've spoken out on Bron's "work" many a time.  I used the brand quip as a joke implying such. 

Are you saying that you believe Bron to be one of "those" workers?  The nut jobs that sleep on the court and do nothing but think ball 24/7.  Is that what you think Bron is? 

I understand that judging what another man does when the cameras are off is a little far fetched, but we are here debating on a message board, so I mean, what else could we talk about?  lol
But I've seen enough games, heard enough quotes from others, seen enough vids, chatted up with many other NTers' to draw a conclusion as to who is a tireless worker, and who is gettin by on skill. 

And by the way, Bron is like a year away from your magical 27 number.  So I mean, is it THAT big of stretch when someone says his game is what it is?  1 year?  It's not like he came in at 23 and we haven't had time to eval him.  Kid almost a decade under his belt.  A year from 27.  He's pretty damn close to, he is what he is. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Dwight has NEVER really been fond of Lebron. I noticed that he always takes a slight jab at him whenever he can.

seems like dwight is still hurt about bron not shaking hands after the ECF
I doubt that's it. They shook hands that night according to both of them in the locker room area.
I'm not sure what it is...but he's been taken his shots this summer. He definitely clowned him when he did "The Announcement" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Dwight has NEVER really been fond of Lebron. I noticed that he always takes a slight jab at him whenever he can.

seems like dwight is still hurt about bron not shaking hands after the ECF
I doubt that's it. They shook hands that night according to both of them in the locker room area.
I'm not sure what it is...but he's been taken his shots this summer. He definitely clowned him when he did "The Announcement" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bron is almost too naturally gifted....People like that don't develop that Jordan/Kobe like work ethic usually.  I think its enough proof that during the '08 Olympics 'Bron talked about how he was inspired by Kobe cause Kobe spent all his time working on his game.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bron is almost too naturally gifted....People like that don't develop that Jordan/Kobe like work ethic usually.  I think its enough proof that during the '08 Olympics 'Bron talked about how he was inspired by Kobe cause Kobe spent all his time working on his game.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think its enough proof that during the '08 Olympics 'Bron talked about how he was inspired by Kobe cause Kobe spent all his time working on his game.
Exactly.  Didn't Simmons write an article about how after the 92 team, Barkley saw how hard Mike worked and decided, damn, I better get to work like that, then came out and had the best year of his life in 93? 

He mentioned that because in 08, Melo, Wade and Bron all saw Kobe workin at 6 AM and the next season, those 3 came out and played MUCH better.  Something, rubbed off on them that summer.  The question is, does it last every summer after that? 

I know I read that from Simmons before, but I don't know which article it was otherwise I would find it in his archives and bring it in here.  If anyone else remembers it and has it, post it please. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think its enough proof that during the '08 Olympics 'Bron talked about how he was inspired by Kobe cause Kobe spent all his time working on his game.
Exactly.  Didn't Simmons write an article about how after the 92 team, Barkley saw how hard Mike worked and decided, damn, I better get to work like that, then came out and had the best year of his life in 93? 

He mentioned that because in 08, Melo, Wade and Bron all saw Kobe workin at 6 AM and the next season, those 3 came out and played MUCH better.  Something, rubbed off on them that summer.  The question is, does it last every summer after that? 

I know I read that from Simmons before, but I don't know which article it was otherwise I would find it in his archives and bring it in here.  If anyone else remembers it and has it, post it please. 

Aside from that ridiculous Series vs. Orlando in the '08-09 season, Lebron had a better year in '07-'08 before team USA so I don't see your point.

And how do you know where is natural gifts end, and where the things he has worked on begin? And can't you improve on your natural gifts?

Aside from that ridiculous Series vs. Orlando in the '08-09 season, Lebron had a better year in '07-'08 before team USA so I don't see your point.

And how do you know where is natural gifts end, and where the things he has worked on begin? And can't you improve on your natural gifts?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Like I said, I was goin off the Simmons article, i think his point was Bron went out and won the MVP the summer after playing alongside Kobe.  Same as Chuck won MVP the year after playin next to Mike.  If we find the article he explains it better then I can.  

When I'm lookin at someone on the court, I want to see things that I KNOW they have worked on.  Back spinning, falling down, over the head layups over and under 3 guys is just pure talent/luck.  But show me that footwork on your fake right, spin left, fadeaway.......then do it again in the next quarter, then maybe try it once again tomorrow.  Then i see another game 3 weeks later and see it.  THAT's what I wanna see in terms of "worked on"  We saw that with Mike.  Saw it with Kobe.  Tim Duncan has put the glass to use from angles for years.  Shaq post game improved over time.  Dream shake wasn't built in a day.  Is there a shot that you have seen Bron take over and over and over, almost to the point of you can predict he's about to take it?  An elbow jumper?  An up and under move head fake, fallaway?  Something?  I can't think of one, and I have even asked around here for vids showing some of his better shots where I can look and see repeated shots from the same spot on the floor. 

Now one thing I know I HAVE seen, is his work on 85 footers.  I know I have seen his work on shaking hands before games with teammates.  He repeats that @#$% all the time.  Why I can't see any of those moves on the court over and over though?  Do you see where I would get my conclusion from that angle, or still think I am crazy? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Like I said, I was goin off the Simmons article, i think his point was Bron went out and won the MVP the summer after playing alongside Kobe.  Same as Chuck won MVP the year after playin next to Mike.  If we find the article he explains it better then I can.  

When I'm lookin at someone on the court, I want to see things that I KNOW they have worked on.  Back spinning, falling down, over the head layups over and under 3 guys is just pure talent/luck.  But show me that footwork on your fake right, spin left, fadeaway.......then do it again in the next quarter, then maybe try it once again tomorrow.  Then i see another game 3 weeks later and see it.  THAT's what I wanna see in terms of "worked on"  We saw that with Mike.  Saw it with Kobe.  Tim Duncan has put the glass to use from angles for years.  Shaq post game improved over time.  Dream shake wasn't built in a day.  Is there a shot that you have seen Bron take over and over and over, almost to the point of you can predict he's about to take it?  An elbow jumper?  An up and under move head fake, fallaway?  Something?  I can't think of one, and I have even asked around here for vids showing some of his better shots where I can look and see repeated shots from the same spot on the floor. 

Now one thing I know I HAVE seen, is his work on 85 footers.  I know I have seen his work on shaking hands before games with teammates.  He repeats that @#$% all the time.  Why I can't see any of those moves on the court over and over though?  Do you see where I would get my conclusion from that angle, or still think I am crazy? 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom