Dwyane Wade expected to Join Nike

Originally Posted by cw0974

i was thinking about the same thing for dwade joining nike instead of jordan...
kinda excited to see dwade move, but if i remember correctly, didn't converse get taken over by nike?
converse was taken over by nike, but as you know they are separate entities as far as contracts go. I think wade was endorsed to wear cons on thecourt, but he managed to wrangle up a new contract to wear JB now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9818214
pimp.gif

I guess it's safe to say Dwyane's first sig will look like some kind of redundant fusion. He should have just gone under Nike Basketball with his ownsignature line instead of bRAND Jordan. Unless Tinker himself designs his line, I don't see myself being impressed.

I hope he just gets good shoes! He's my favorite player and 2nd favorite of all time. I have 6 pairs of wades and I will never buy another converse wadeunless they rerelease the wade 1

Originally Posted by cardk5790

if hes such a massive sneaker head why did he sign with converse in the first place?
Soooooo, sneakerheads are only supposed to wear nike shoes? If so according to who, Nike employees?

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

if hes such a massive sneaker head why did he sign with converse in the first place?
Soooooo, sneakerheads are only supposed to wear nike shoes? If so according to who, Nike employees?
if he had offers from on the table from nike, jordan (which he had already had pe's of in the summer league), and converse, why would he go toconverse which had been dead for awhile?

I guess it's nice to see D.Wade wearing JB. I'm just glad I won't see him go through yet ANOTHER season wearing the first WADES

if he had offers from on the table from nike, jordan (which he had already had pe's of in the summer league), and converse, why would he go to converse which had been dead for awhile?
laugh.gif
at you thinking that sneaker heads only wear nikes...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

if he had offers from on the table from nike, jordan (which he had already had pe's of in the summer league), and converse, why would he go to converse which had been dead for awhile?
laugh.gif

did i say that? no. way to completely miss the point of that post.

laugh.gif

Yes, you did imply that since Wade is supposedly a "sneakerhead", that he should not have signed with converse at all. This is what you stated. Ifyou mean something else, state what you actually meant! Because what you've stated was not only quite comical, ridiculous even, but it also would have beena dumb business move by Wade.

laugh.gif

Yes, you did imply that since Wade is supposedly a "sneakerhead", that he should not have signed with converse at all. This is what you stated. If you mean something else, state what you actually meant! Because what you've stated was not only quite comical, ridiculous even, but it also would have been a dumb business move by Wade.
Wade is a sneakerhead, what else would you call someone with an entire closet of cool grey xi's? obviously now it was a dumb business move bywade to sign with converse at the time because if you read the article about it he states that he wants to take his "brand" global and he cant dothat with converse. i simply pointed out that if the guy likes jordans as much as he does then why did he sign with converse if he was wearing jordan pe'sduring summer league? whatever the reason was he's obviously regreted it for ahwile now. thats the point i was trying to make.

laugh.gif

Yes, you did imply that since Wade is supposedly a "sneakerhead", that he should not have signed with converse at all. This is what you stated. If you mean something else, state what you actually meant! Because what you've stated was not only quite comical, ridiculous even, but it also would have been a dumb business move by Wade.
Wade is a sneakerhead, what else would you call someone with an entire closet of cool grey xi's? obviously now it was a dumb business move by wade to sign with converse at the time because if you read the article about it he states that he wants to take his "brand" global and he cant do that with converse. i simply pointed out that if the guy likes jordans as much as he does then why did he sign with converse if he was wearing jordan pe's during summer league? whatever the reason was he's obviously regreted it for ahwile now. thats the point i was trying to make.

D-Wade is a Jordan head...not really a sneaker head. Hes a chitown kid that idolized MJ. Do you know how many rich people have millions of shoes but theyaren't sneakerheads. There is a difference. D-Wade likes Jordan therefore likes MJs shoes and now hes rich on top of that.

Y'all need 2 shut up. He inked the converse dotted line because he was getting more money from that venture.

laugh.gif

Wade is a sneakerhead, what else would you call someone with an entire closet of cool grey xi's? obviously now it was a dumb business move by wade to sign with converse at the time because if you read the article about it he states that he wants to take his "brand" global and he cant do that with converse. i simply pointed out that if the guy likes jordans as much as he does then why did he sign with converse if he was wearing jordan pe's during summer league? whatever the reason was he's obviously regreted it for ahwile now. thats the point i was trying to make.

laugh.gif
Nevermind.

wade makes no sense at all. global? NOBODY gets a sig line on JB because the damn company is named after a basketball legend... no matter how you slice it,JORDAN's name will always appear on your so called "sig line" you might as well just wear P.E.'s....

not one sig line has worked on JB. do they not get it already?

I think it is only fitting than an elite player such as D-Wade is signed to Jordan Brand to breathe life into an otherwise dwindling brand ( in terms ofcreativity ). Hopefully they will bless him with some of their better work in the future.

Back
Top Bottom