• No Man's Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

• Butt Sniffin Pugs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its tough to look at that 5 percent stat and not think of the time though.

It was a big jump from ps2 to ps3. I don't feel like it was as big from ps3-ps4. PS3 also had a lot of good launch titles. PS4 still doesn't have a must have for me. Honestly if ps4 out of the box was backwards compatible i would own one right now. But instead im still playing my ps3 waiting for the must have game to make me buy the console (most likely will be KH3 FFVII Last Guardian...)

is backwards compatibility necessary...no not at all just keep your old console and play your old games. But if the name of the game is sell new consoles....i think they could have done that if it were backwards compatible right out of the gate.

lol @ backwards compatibility being a key factor..

during the PS3 era.. how often did the average gamer play a PS2 game on their PS3?

& ps2 probably has the best gaming library to date.

I used it a lot. Once my og died my playtime plummeted. My play time is very sporadic so new titles aren't important to me. I STILL have FFXIII in the plastic.

On top of that, I'm only into a handful of titles. SF, FF, MGS, GT. most of these titles don't drop very year, so without BC my system just collects dust.

As the digital library expands it becomes more and more irrelevant, but I'm still not happy dropping 20 bucks in psn when I have the hard copy of the same exact title sitting right there.
serious question, why uograde then. You could have just bought another PS3 for the low. Of all those franchises you named, the first game is gonna be MGS V in a few months. Im only counting main entries. It was clear from the beginning ps4 wouldn't have bc.

I seriously need to know, what PS3 launch titles were good?
laugh.gif
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

COD 3

Need for Speed: Carbon

and depending on who you ask, Resistance.

I seriously need to know, what PS3 launch titles were good? :lol:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

COD 3

Need for Speed: Carbon

and depending on who you ask, Resistance.

And wasn't there a tony hawk, Gundam game

And even if you don't say just launch titles the ps4 dropped November 15, 2013. I mean we are a year and a half in on the console and the games library is lacking imho. Getting there though

Last edited:
So can we all assume that since there is no release date half way through the year that FFXV aint coming out till at least 2016?

BC on X1 getting positive reviews so far.

[h1]Mass Effect 1 Runs Faster, Smoother on Xbox One[/h1]

The first Mass Effect was a game that sometimes struggled to perform well on Microsoft’s last home console. But, it looks like BioWare’s sci-fi creation is a much better experience on the Xbox One.

Earlier this week, Microsoft announced that backwards compatibility will be coming to their latest home gaming machine and Mass Effect is among the first crop of games that will be available to play that way. Xbox One owners who are in the company’s features beta program are getting the early chance to try it out. One such player is YouTuber Mecha-Potato-Alex, who put up a side-by-side comparison of the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the game.

-Some frequent stuttering points in the 360 version run perfectly smooth on X1, but not all
-Texture pop-in is vastly improved. While not perfect, there are many instances where it no longer happens at all
-Load times are shorter. In this video it was 4 seconds, but when replaying the same scene later, it was as low as 2
-Character lighting appears to be darker, except on their skin
-ME1’s somewhat clunky controls are less of an issue with the X1’s controller
-Some cutscenes appear to end slightly quicker, as a result of no momentary slowdowns when changing camera angles/animations/etc.

Surprised at the framerate difference. I thought framerates were coded into the game.

According to the poll they had the best E3 anyway. Although I did see someone posted Yeezus at the Xbox booth, that's only thing making me consider the XBOX. Did he stop at the PS4 booth too?
lol No way u taking a fanboy created poll serious. Don't buy video games based on Yeezy buy it based on what u like. What kinda games do you like to play? What do you friends play?
I like the Halo Series and Uncharted Series.
Might as well just get both then like me. I participate in the NT jokes but could care less I'm playing everything!!!!

I didn't upgrade for pretty much the same reasons jking is speaking on.

I planned on buying it for the division and here we are two years later and it's still not here so I haven't made the leap. I may do it for ffxiv. I need to see how smooth the new xpac runs on ps3 first.

Last edited:
So can we all assume that since there is no release date half way through the year that FFXV aint coming out till at least 2016?

This should have never even been a point of uncertainty, my ___ :lol:

I want to say that Hybrid mentioned it being a mid-late 2016 affair.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/don-mattrick-if-youre-backwards-compatible-youre-really-bac/

Not agreeing with Don but just posting the stat. Sony said something similar after ditching it on the ps3
$ony's not willing to do BC.

IDK why you're quoting 3 year old news.

Phil stated it's the most requested feature.

360 BC blows psnow out of the water.

That's what 360 BC was meant to do.

They clearly explained that when they stated "we won't charge you to play games you already own."

Great analysis of the Uncharted 4 demo. The attention to detail is on another level.

Last edited:
lol @ backwards compatibility being a key factor..

during the PS3 era.. how often did the average gamer play a PS2 game on their PS3?

& ps2 probably has the best gaming library to date.

I used it a lot. Once my og died my playtime plummeted. My play time is very sporadic so new titles aren't important to me. I STILL have FFXIII in the plastic.

On top of that, I'm only into a handful of titles. SF, FF, MGS, GT. most of these titles don't drop very year, so without BC my system just collects dust.

As the digital library expands it becomes more and more irrelevant, but I'm still not happy dropping 20 bucks in psn when I have the hard copy of the same exact title sitting right there.
This. I was on my ps3 NONSTOP. Hell it got more burn than my 360. It died. And i switched to the 360 full time.

I think BC is a big deal to people who don't mind going back and playing last gen. Personally, I'm trying to stay from PS3/360 games. Only games I can go back and play are JRPGs.

BC isn't a big deal because last gen consoles didn't magically stop working. I still play games on my 360

Back
Top Bottom