Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bayonetta 2

• Devil's Third

• Littlebigplanet 3

• Total voters

Just read from a reputable source on neogaf that m$ is going to start their press conference with this video.

Interested in buying an Xbox one now that you're not strong armed into getting a kinect.

As far as Nintendo they always lead that pack in e3 (minus the last 2 years)

My wii u had mostly been collecting dust and I have about 6 games for it but it's hard playing Ninja Gaiden 3 when you beat it the first time and Super Mario 3D world didn't give me the same feeling I had when I played Super Mario Galaxy/ SMG 2 for the first time

....but then Mario Kart 8 dropped :nthat:

Nintendo has the best console on the market right now and this e3 will solidify it.

Please no.

I believe that since they make great games already, developing for more powerful and capable technology ( which p4 x1 are) would allow more opportunities for innovation.
Outside of the og Wii, their console hasn't had any must have innovation. So, focusing solely on games would provide more room for creativity. They are losing money
as a company ( and can afford too at the moment), but with a shift in software only, their games wouldn't stay on the shelves. Specially since single console owners
have to abandon the iconic Nintendo games, which in their heart of hearts, wish they wouldn't have to.

So going 3rd, gamers everywhere would rejoice, Nintendo would make mondo bank, and peace on Earth ensues.

Please explain why you disagree...

Last edited:
I'm just ready for RDR 2 and Bully 2. 
pimp.gif

Why the **** am I reading RD2 in this thread

IS RD2 CONFIRMED

(Technically it'd be RD3 tho. Red Dead Revolver for PS2 was the first one)

It's basically been confirmed.

R* said that Red Dead Redemption was a "permanent franchise like GTA" a couple a days ago. A couple of sites have ran stories based on that line, saying that RDR2 had been confirmed, but R* hasn't come out and said anything other than that. Even though they technically have confirmed it by saying that :lol:.

Read Dead Redemption 2 is coming. Just gotta wait for them to officially announce it.

Battlefront
Smash Bros
Uncharted 4

As long as I see gameplay for those three titles I'll be ok with E3 :smokin

Especially Battlefront, been waiting for that for years.

If Biowares Star Wars game, Sony Santa Monicas game, or the new Mass Effect is teased it'll be a great show for me personally.

Last edited:
htg designs htg designs
Nintendo going 3rd party makes absolutely no sense from a financial point of view. Sony/Microsoft's gaming divisions don't make nearly as much as Nintendo does, so why should they become 3rd party for those companies? They continue to be profitable because they make games specifically for their hardware.

Every Nintendo console has had "must have innovations" including the Wii U. From the D-Pad on the NES all the way to the gamepad on the Wii U. They all have changed the way gamers interact with games.

Plus becoming a software only company exposes them to a lot of risk. Look at Sega, their quality and output has suffered a lot since becoming a 3rd party company. If a game doesn't meet projections, they loose a lot of money.

Nintendo is just fine where they are. The 3DS is selling well and the Wii U is becoming a strong console with a great library of games.

Last edited:
Rockstar typically doesn't do E3 so don't hold your breath for any announcements next week.

htg designs htg designs
They continue to be profitable because they make games specifically for their hardware.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrog...ii-u-sales-move-nintendo-closer-to-game-over/
http://www.newsday.com/business/technology/nintendo-posts-loss-as-wii-u-sales-fizzle-1.7950591

The gamepad on the Wii U is not a must have innovation, which is why they slashed the system sales forecast, and have to drop price to entice new customers.
The 3ds is making up for the Wii u losses
Never count Nintendo out

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrog...ii-u-sales-move-nintendo-closer-to-game-over/
http://www.newsday.com/business/technology/nintendo-posts-loss-as-wii-u-sales-fizzle-1.7950591

The gamepad on the Wii U is not a must have innovation, which is why they slashed the system sales forecast, and have to drop price to entice new customers.

This news is only from the past few years and it makes zero since to abandon a very lucrative hardware business just because one of their consoles is not an instant success. The Wii U's performance is not the norm for Nintendo as most of their consoles are sold at a profit. They have recently confirmed they are now in the black on every Wii U made and look to be making a nice comeback. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out, but if history serves as any indication they will be fine.

And I can play the doom and gloom game too, but you won't see me making crazy statements about Microsoft/Sony going third party.

Microsoft Still Can't Find Its Future. Is It Too Late for the Company?
Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division (negative $350M-$750M/quarter).
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2013/01/20/sell-microsoft-now-game-over-ballmer-loses/

Investors call for Microsoft to abandon Xbox

All investors know is that the Xbox business is still several billion dollars in the red, primarily from the cost of originally entering the games business and for research & development for the Xbox One. And although it is now making a profit you can see from the graph that it’s a very negligible one compared to Microsoft’s other divisions.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/investors-call-for-microsoft-to-abandon-xbox-4299255/

Xbox One Vs PS4: Sony Might Not Exist By End Of Console War
Despite the sales success, Sony itself is struggling. The PS4 alone cannot save Sony from its current financial woes, which include six years worth of losses
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/23261/20140530/xbox-one-vs-ps4-sony-microsoft-sales.htm

At the end of the day it's all about the games and let's leave that console war rhetoric at the door.

As for the gamepad... the market has yet to prove its a "must have innovation", but Sony and Microsoft certainly do because both of their home consoles have some form of gamepad functionality.

Last edited:
Do the books dig more into TERION and Jamie relationship???
Like are they close in the books???
How does Jaime see him :nerd:

I believe that since they make great games already, developing for more powerful and capable technology ( which p4 x1 are) would allow more opportunities for innovation.
Outside of the og Wii, their console hasn't had any must have innovation. So, focusing solely on games would provide more room for creativity. They are losing money
as a company ( and can afford too at the moment), but with a shift in software only, their games wouldn't stay on the shelves. Specially since single console owners
have to abandon the iconic Nintendo games, which in their heart of hearts, wish they wouldn't have to.

So going 3rd, gamers everywhere would rejoice, Nintendo would make mondo bank, and peace on Earth ensues.

Please explain why you disagree...
Not gonna get too much into it so I'll be vague, but Nintendo has been and always will be the leader in the video game industry. Going through their history is pointless so let's start when the real competitors came in. They literally laid down the blueprint for the PS1 and Sony just left and released it on their own and has been relying on waiting for Nintendo to innovate so they can  piggy back off them. The list of copies is endless. 

Nintendo games wouldn't flourish on Sony or Microsoft consoles because those Consoles, while being technically superior to the Wii U never kept the gamer at mind during conception. Instead, they relied on profiting from media and advertising services, that wouldn't allow Nintendo to be innovative because the hardware itself isn't innovative. It's easy to say Nintendo should go 3rd party because the Wii U has been a dud so far but let's not forget their last console the Wii, sold more than PS3 and Xbox 360 COMBINED. Nintendo GETS it, Sony and Microsft only care about making a quick buck. If Nintendo leaves the hardware business, Sony and Microsoft would die out in about a decade and PC Gaming would take center stage because that's where the real innovation is today. Look at what's happening with the Kinect, MS tried to rely on the same gimmick again and completely failed. They don't know what to do because Nintendo hasn't blazed a new trail yet; the industry is panicking right now without being able to copy Nintendo. Nintendo games are innovative, unique and flat out the best games in the industry because they make their software and hardware hand in hand. I didn't even get into handheld gaming because it's not even fair to Sony.

Nintendo is bigger than Sony and they only mess with games. Not Sony's game division, the entire company; TV's, Movies, PC's. 
laugh.gif

It always takes a new Nintendo console to be released to get the fans, including Sony and Microsoft excited about being innovate and taking chances again. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom