.::eBay 30-day Selling Limit, what the...?::.

Hey, NT...

So I'm getting rid of a lot of my shoes cuz I have to pay my bail or... whatever that's besides the point. So far I've sold 6 shoes and now that I'm trying to list more it gives me this message:

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]Important message[/td][/tr][tr][td]
We'resorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe tradingenvironment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellerscan list certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limitfor the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection onyour account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts.But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now.(You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Itemsthat are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specificabout which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-timesellers with proven track records and other positive account attributesmay be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that youwould qualify, please review our selling limits page for moreinformation.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Has anyone else encountered this problem?? Is there a way around this? I need to sell these items ASAP. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Sale on here! Ebay will rip you off so hard on final value fee. but yea in the past people have made like 50 auctions for ipods sold them all and NEVER shipped anything collecting large sums of money. As a result its harder for ebay to investigate while receiving messages from all the frustrated and angry buyers usually weeks after payment was sent initially. Trust me, sale on niketalk. even with the low ball offers you'd still make out better than u would on ebay

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Sale on here! Ebay will rip you off so hard on final value fee. but yea in the past people have made like 50 auctions for ipods sold them all and NEVER shipped anything collecting large sums of money. As a result its harder for ebay to investigate while receiving messages from all the frustrated and angry buyers usually weeks after payment was sent initially. Trust me, sale on niketalk. even with the low ball offers you'd still make out better than u would on ebay
I just took these pics, I don't feel like taking them over again with tags...

mad.gif
 im never gonna sell on ebay again!

when i got that i had to wait a month and still pay seller fee's and the percentage they get for my sale.

sell the box for $xxx and tell them the shoes come free. that way youre selling boxes. not shoes. wink wink.
there are always ways around.
explain in the auction thoroughly that they WILL get the shoes and its just a way around a dumb ebay rule.
you can still use hella cool keywords like "jordanbapesbdunk11XIeleven"

i got something like this when i was trying to list my millionaires a year or so ago. i didnt get an offer i wanted the first go round so when i went to relist them, i got that message. except my limit was 90 days.

theres loopholes when you're listing them like HBW mentioned. as far as getting it done legitimately, i tried getting ebay CS to lift the limit for me, but they wouldn't/couldn't even though i've been a member of ebay since 00, with 100% feedback.
eyes.gif

it's a pretty stupid rule, and i haven't listed anything since then because of it.

ive sold all kinds of random @!!!, and never encountered this, like for Xmas i must have sold like 12 sets of zhu zhu pets, and nothing like that popped up...

wow. i don't even remember the last time i've been on eBay.

gone are the days when i'd be on the site all day long, refreshin every minute and %+*@.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

they really fell off.

I seriously hope the company burns to the ground. The last few years and changes have made that site a nuisance to use.

I just got a google checkout account and plan on selling stuff on niketalk for now on....tired of ebay and paypa,

Bonanzle FTW at least when it comes to selling handbags, so who knows maybe if #NT members start using it... but it's not an auction site - straight BIN or best offers but it's a flat $5 if it sells and the listing stays up for however long you want.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I just got a google checkout account and plan on selling stuff on niketalk for now on....tired of ebay and paypa,

Aren't we all. 

Happened to me...if you have a decent amount of reviews as a seller no negative feedback you can contact eBay directly and they will review your account and lift the limit if they see fit.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
BS but u gotta do what u gotta do.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

ebay is horrible, they are raising the final value fees again if you guys didnt know.

Whaaaaaaa AGAIN? seriously? anywhere can I read about it...I've just about had it as is....I need to know when exactly so I can get rid of everything prior to that.

The whole eBay/paypal corporation of doom is getting out of hand. They're so for the buyer and not for the seller at all. They dont realize how easy it is/that its possible for the buyer to scam too, i guess...

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

ebay is horrible, they are raising the final value fees again if you guys didnt know.

What, COME on now

They are already RIPPING EVERYONE OFF

need to get rid of my sneaker collection ASAP before FVF becomes 50%

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The whole eBay/paypal corporation of doom is getting out of hand. They're so for the buyer and not for the seller at all. They dont realize how easy it is/that its possible for the buyer to scam too, i guess...

I think they totally realize.. but it's a matter of not caring because they get their money regardless, coming, going and in between. And the process you have to go thru when a buyer doesn't pay....8/10 times takes just long enough that you owe them the fvf regardless before they end up resolving/crediting.

i got the same thing too when i sold my jordan collection. their reasoning to it was to make sure it wasn't fakes.
smh.gif

Everyone is pushing for google to start an auction site since they already have google checkout as a payment processor, but I don't think google is going to do it there's a lot of legal hurdles they have to deal with.

if you did not already know
Congress recently passed the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008, which will take effect Jan 2011
to be reported to the IRS Jan 2012

Under the legislation, PayPal will be required to report to the IRSthe total payment volume received by PayPal customers in the U.S. who:
  1. receive more than $20,000 in payment volume in a single year; and
  2. receive more than 200 payments in a single year.

You could try searching for terms like "Paypal alternatives," "Paypalreviews," or "Paypal complaints," but CNN money has already done theresearch for you, and they've verified the companies on top of it.

The five Paypal alternatives they chose were:
www.digitalriver.com
www.2checkout.com
www.AlertPay.com
www.TrialPay.com
www.e-junkie.com

Back
Top Bottom