eBAY auctions won...don't post live links

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Just won these today, I know there was a couple of you guys on here bidding on these. Had to hit up dude asap before the bidding got out of hand, it was at $193 when he ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ESELX%3AIT#ht_8302wt_922

so what did you pay for them then?  isn't that the point of this thread? 

and to dude who posted the two pickups up there, this isn't the pickups thread.  if you won auctions, post the auctions or screen shots of the auction.  
My fault, I paid $310 shipped for them.

Just won these today, I know there was a couple of you guys on here bidding on these. Had to hit up dude asap before the bidding got out of hand, it was at $193 when he ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ESELX%3AIT#ht_8302wt_922

and to dude who posted the two pickups up there, this isn't the pickups thread.  if you won auctions, post the auctions or screen shots of the auction.  

$310 as in THREE-HUNDRED TEN BUCKS for Black Foams?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
! Are those really that rare?!? I'm not a Foam collector, so if they are, enlighten me/us.

I could get a hold of just about any of my Grails DS for less than that so it seems extremely high priced to me...
I take it you've spent more than that on other kicks before is that an all-time high?

denverairforce: So this is strictly eBay only, no Craigslist, ISS, etc. allowed here? Or do we just include price w/pics & it's all good in the hood?
nerd.gif
I can use the pick-ups thread for non-eBay if that's the way it is.

I've finally mustered up the cahones to share the auction I missed out on recently: XX1 Red Suedes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...gename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT ;( Auction closed at an absolute steal of a price as I was talking to an old friend at his mom's memorial who died of breast cancer that was in remission for 10 years, then came back with a vengence... iPhone alerted me but couldn't break away for eBay in the midst of that. (He had OG Aquas back when we were in Jr. high, so that came up later in conversation
glasses.gif
)
Anyway, kinda kickin myself for not lobbin an early bid at those.

Made up for it (mostly) the next day with my VNDS XX1 Lt. Graphit/U-Blue Suedes I posted: post #6933 pg.347 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They're definitely in better (basically perfect) shape compared to the Reds but woulda much preferred scorin both that weekend, especially at those prices... may never see that deal again in my size. Grrrr....only consolation is seller didn't state if they came with the spare IPS pods in the sueded bag or the OG box, all of which my Greys included.
smokin.gif
My pics of Lt. Graphites after they arrived and got 2 coats of Suede Protector before I wore em:

1st wear:

Pic w/cat...oddly perfect match.

good deal on those XXI's (grey suede)- & be glad you didnt win that auction for the red pair, the suede is real dirty all over, and the pics seem to leave out too much given that the suede is as nasty as it is. Cool cat too

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
! Are those really that rare?!? I'm not a Foam collector, so if they are, enlighten me/us.

I could get a hold of just about any of my Grails DS for less than that so it seems extremely high priced to me...
I take it you've spent more than that on other kicks before is that an all-time high?

I've seen pairs go for high 3's to well over $400

Originally Posted by ChamWillJam23

good deal on those XXI's (grey suede)- & be glad you didnt win that auction for the red pair, the suede is real dirty all over, and the pics seem to leave out too much given that the suede is as nasty as it is. Cool cat too

Thanks Cham! I thought so, given they normally got for original retail... How do you know about the cond. of those Red Suedes? You didn't win em did you? Just happen to get extra pics from the seller or...?
Lifts me up a bit to know they weren't what they appeared to be to me if they were nasty dirty... Sure were on the cheap tho.
Purrincess (wife named her, of course) thanks you (I think?)
happy.gif
laugh.gif
She's actually a VERY entertaining 8lb. animal...life would be kinda lame w/out her at home... minus the cat poo.
frown.gif
I wouldn't miss that at all.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Fat Boy 915

Originally Posted by TylerrS99

Decent IMO considering they are DS and 2005's.  Got them on a second chance offer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260760969442&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They are fake, though.

How can you tell from those pics? Impressive! The only thing that looks kinda fake to me is the stiff shape of the toe box and the label on the box. What are the giveaways? No 3M woven in the panels? Something else? Oh, and do fakes use real holograms on XIIIs or is that another way to tell?

TylerrS99: If you don't wanna keep'em file a claim w/PayPal & eBay and tell them seller lied about authenticity & sold imitation product. I had to do it...once... Damn well better be the last time but things worked out & the seller reimbursed me in full, including for shipping back to him, claiming he had no idea they were fake. They were a full size too small, I could barely fit my foot in em, so that's another way to tell fakes if they're in hand (or on foot, as it were). I mighta posted about this already...? Made a Fake vs. Real Peapod VIII video that's in the Legit Check area and on youtube. Good luck man. Lemme tellya tho that fakes ain't worth keepin, no matter what kinda deal you think you got as they're worth nothin to the rest of us. I'd get your $$ back if I were you.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I've seen pairs go for high 3's to well over $400

Yeah you were bidding against me. He told me 310 as well and when I responded the auction was already down. Oh well, I didnt need them anyway but someone who just bought my coppers was looking for them hard and I knew I could make something.

you were bidding against me. He told me 310 as well and when I responded the auction was already down. Oh well, I didnt need them anyway but someone who just bought my coppers was looking for them hard and I knew I could make something.

I knew someone from here was a bidder. There was too many days left to chance it. How much were you going to re-sell by the way?

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Guy was willing to pay 500 shipped.

eek.gif
eek.gif
, dude at top of the page thought $310 was too much.

Yeah he's also the guy who found DS aqua 8s on craigslist in his area and the guy wanted 100.00
eek.gif
 and he offered 90
sick.gif
.... The same guy who asked if some cracked through the foam 02 bugs bunny VIIIs are a good buy for 99.99... but then in another thread said he put on OG 8s one time and they cracked on the spot and he got his money back, but willing to tempt a 2002 pair he knows is cracked... It's cool. I'm not picking on him, just we all know, you got to pay to play.

Those 13s are beat how you plan on restoring them?
Would be sweet if you got them back to presentable shape

Originally Posted by airedweezy

Those 13s are beat how you plan on restoring them?
Would be sweet if you got them back to presentable shape

They're actually not beat- the leather needs a couple cleaning/conditioning  sessions, and they'll look brand new
smokin.gif
(they're just dull looking cuz the leather is 13 - 14 years old) minor creasing in toe box can be taken care of. All the 3m/seude and midsoles are fresh!

^ thanks Lwerd - what size you wear dude? (I'll pm you some of my methods/tips if you want) so long as you stay away from SZ 12.5-14(they're mine), LOL

Decent IMO considering they are DS and 2005's.  Got them on a second chance offer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260760969442&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They are fake, though.

How can you tell from those pics? Impressive! The only thing that looks kinda fake to me is the stiff shape of the toe box and the label on the box. What are the giveaways? No 3M woven in the panels? Something else? Oh, and do fakes use real holograms on XIIIs or is that another way to tell?

TylerrS99: If you don't wanna keep'em file a claim w/PayPal & eBay and tell them seller lied about authenticity & sold imitation product. I had to do it...once... Damn well better be the last time but things worked out & the seller reimbursed me in full, including for shipping back to him, claiming he had no idea they were fake. They were a full size too small, I could barely fit my foot in em, so that's another way to tell fakes if they're in hand (or on foot, as it were). I mighta posted about this already...? Made a Fake vs. Real Peapod VIII video that's in the Legit Check area and on youtube. Good luck man. Lemme tellya tho that fakes ain't worth keepin, no matter what kinda deal you think you got as they're worth nothin to the rest of us. I'd get your $$ back if I were you.
The most obvious from those pictures for me is the box tag which has incorrect font

They are fake, though.

Yuku

Back
Top Bottom