Ebay Guaranteed Returns..... EBAY IS DEAD

List item on ebay for insane BIN price

Highlight that buyer can message to discuss price and deal through paypal invoice to bypass eBay?

They scan emails now and they won't let you send it if you make explicit references to dealing through paypal

Highlight that buyer can message to discuss price and deal through paypal invoice to bypass eBay?
I do this all the time, 2 things usually happen.

1. A 0 feedback person buys and doesn't pay

2. Somebody tries to do so with unconfirmed addresses, ect..

eBay is dead to me as a seller.

Like other guy said too, you can still get scammed, NOTHING can prevent that, again NOTHING can prevent that!

Sheesh

But lately when selling anything of value I've been recording myself at the post office putting the item in the box along with the tracking slip on the box and everything caught on video. Even leave the recording running while I'm standing in line. Let the recording go all the way until the worker takes the package from my possession.

Did that with my Yeezys when I sold for close to 2k to make sure buyer didnt try to pull that empty box nonsense or whatever.

Cold world out there for sellers.

Last edited:

if your using paypal, they can still file a claim though.

i think the whole point is be real with what your selling and find legit buyers. which is why i do research if im selling something on NT. if someone wants to buy they gotta pass my test. I dont have time to mess with people who want to fool with my money/item.

ridic if true,,,,where is a good alternative.  somebody needs to orchestrate something where as many sellers as possible to pull all their auctions for as long as it takes for ebay to change their rules.  I know it would never happen but if enough sellers did it, which most are ticked off at ebay right now anyway, maybe it could have some impact

Last edited:
^^ you're right about " not gonna happen". The thing saving eBay is that from a buyers standpoint it's awesome (for the most part). I'm willing to bet that more people buy than sell.

Last edited:
they also took out the ebay bucks program in Canada. Prior to introducing ebay bucks here, we were able to use bigcrumbs. How many bad moves could a company make before it completely kills itself? I liked it when it was really an auction site.

have enough feedback from NT and ebay, only ask for gift payments from n00bs with no feedback. dont care if asking for gift payments is looked down upon. if not all good ill sell it locally or on craigs

^^ you're right about " not gonna happen". The thing saving eBay is that from a buyers standpoint it's awesome (for the most part). I'm willing to bet that more people buy than sell.

The new policy is definitely geared towards protecting the buyers. For every dishonest buyer, there is also a dishonest seller out there who lies about item conditions and sends faulty or defective items. I do think eBay should also be more concerned about protecting sellers but from a buyer's point of view, this will help them feel more assured about buying things from strangers with low feedback.

^ not really the buy/sell that's the problem. It's the people who scam that are. Shoot, people get scamed here on NT by "trust worthy" members that have been on here for years. Word to gun flashing pics for lebrons by one of y'all's most loved LOL

Last edited:

i think the whole point is be real with what your selling and find legit buyers. which is why i do research if im selling something on NT. if someone wants to buy they gotta pass my test. I dont have time to mess with people who want to fool with my money/item.

How do you get your money if you can't withdraw/transfer it to the stealth account? Send it to another Paypal?

I need more info :nerd:

Sheesh

But lately when selling anything of value I've been recording myself at the post office putting the item in the box along with the tracking slip on the box and everything caught on video. Even leave the recording running while I'm standing in line. Let the recording go all the way until the worker takes the package from my possession.

Did that with my Yeezys when I sold for close to 2k to make sure buyer didnt try to pull that empty box nonsense or whatever.

Cold world out there for sellers.
All he would have had to do is say that there was nothing in the box. File a police report and theres your yeezys and 2k gone. You can ALWAYS be scammed. With paypal once they file a police report case closed.
have enough feedback from NT and ebay, only ask for gift payments from n00bs with no feedback. dont care if asking for gift payments is looked down upon. if not all good ill sell it locally or on craigs
Gift payments are the easiest way to get scammed 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I dont expensive stuff from Ebay. Ebay's only selling point is buyer confidence.

Ebay has to do this because buyers like me are not buying because you have alot of scamming sellers on ebay.

I dont expensive stuff from Ebay. Ebay's only selling point is buyer confidence.

Ebay has to do this because buyers like me are not buying because you have alot of scamming sellers on ebay.

There's waaaaaaay more scamming buyers than scamming sellers. Buyer can't receive negative feedbacks. That alone yields them so much power to freely scam or not pay and just continue on their way.

It's crazy how eBay totally disrespects the sellers. I swallowed the extra fees etc, but this is crazy. Like someone else said what's to prevent the buyer from lying saying the product isn't as described:smh:. eBay is dunzo. Without sellers what will they have......

How do you get your money if you can't withdraw/transfer it to the stealth account? Send it to another Paypal?

I need more info :nerd:

what do you mean?

i just keep my money in my paypal i just dont sell to shady people. If i never seen you or heard of you before or if i sense something from the way the person messages me. I say no thanks and move on even if i have to wait a few weeks for another buyer. Been doing it on here for years, havent sold much at all recently but in the past i was always careful which is why i havent been scammed.

Ive got a few things left to sell but soon as its gone im done dealing online unless its an emergency and if its someone very very very trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom