EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
Y'all must not remember LBJ single handedly washing Pistons in one of the greatest post season performances of ALL TIME

So Robert Horry > Malone and Barkley right?

Don't be obtuse, Horry was never the man or focal point of any team, when you're comparing the legends it factors in because at a point you're splitting hairs because of the comparable talents and other accolades.

Last edited:
In the 80s we had to walk to school uphill in the snow, both ways. I hate the "if xyz played in the 80s blah blah."

Saying Magic played in a harder era is a pure case of nostalgia BS

This is a great era in basketball right now (one of the best)

Magic Played in a great era of basketball as well. No nostalgia. These mid to late 80s teams were no joke.

-Lakers
-Celtics
-Bulls
-Pistons
-Trailblazers
-Suns
-Sixers
-Jazz
-Rockets

Just off the top of my head. Don't sleep on Magic Johnson. We can't let his legend be forgotten. He was THAT

This is a great era in basketball right now (one of the best)

Magic Played in a great era of basketball as well. No nostalgia. These mid to late 80s teams were no joke.

-Lakers
-Celtics
-Bulls
-Pistons
-Trailblazers
-Suns
-Sixers
-Jazz
-Rockets

Just off the top of my head. Don't sleep on Magic Johnson. We can't let his legend be forgotten. He was THAT

Exacly. These millennials that never watched him play, discredit the man, the myth the legend. Dude was all that and a bag of chips. Stupid AIDS jacked his career up. Otherwise we would have continue to rack up stats and accolades.

I guess defensive schemes, and the having illegal defense back then doesn't make a difference

80s was even more high paced than today with more overall toughness and handchecking allowed. This league today is majority finesse.

Y'all must not remember LBJ single handedly washing Pistons in one of the greatest post season performances of ALL TIME

You must forgotten the game where he gave up on Celts in 2009 :rofl:

3 ships in how many finals appearances?? does not make you the second greatest..
I don't understand why y'all hold making it to the finals and not winning against him, clearly those years he lost the other TEAM was better

It's not like fg% where 1/1 > 3/8 or something

The facts that he HAS been to the finals thats many times in his career should be an argument FOR his greatness not against it

Last edited:
What do you call a player that does this ..

A top 8 NBA player of all time.....with a decent chance to move into the top 5 when his career is over.

As of RIGHT NOW....LeBron has not had a better overall career than:

-MJ
-Kareem
-Magic

Then you can throw Duncan, Kobe and Shaq in there as well.

Y'all act like we can't have 3 great eras :lol:

The 80s was great
The 90s were great

The early 00s were bad
The mid 00's were ok

Now is great.

I don't understand why y'all hold making it to the finals and not winning against him, clearly those years he lost the other TEAM was better

It's not like fg% where 1/1 > 3/8 or something

The facts that he HAS been to the finals thats many times in his career should be an argument FOR his greatness not against it

Exactly TOP 5 with a chance to be top 2 later in his career. He needs to continue on the path he is on.

Last edited:
Based on how we measure greatness, i.e. the combination of:

- Individual awards and honors

- Winning, that is winning as the main man

- Stats (regular season, playoffs as well as finals - averages as well as totals)

- Longevity

then the only ones who are above LeBron are Jordan and Kareem.

Magic, Russell and Duncan are the only other ones who have a case if you prioritize winning well over the other factors.

Personally, I feel Magic and Russell carry the baggage of being great at only one end of the court. Magic with zero career all-defensive selections (neither 1st nor 2nd) and Russell never averaging 20 ppg, even in the late 50s or early 60s. 

Last edited:
Based on how we measure greatness, i.e. the combination of:

- Individual awards and honors
- Winning, that is winning as the main man
- Stats (regular season, playoffs as well as finals - averages as well as totals)
- Longevity

then the only ones who are above LeBron are Jordan and Kareem.

Magic, Russell and Duncan are the only other ones who have a case if you prioritize winning well over the other factors.

Personally, I feel Magic and Russell carry the baggage of being great at only one end of the court. Magic with zero career all-defensive selections (neither 1st nor 2nd) and Russell never averaging 20 ppg, even in the late 50s or early 60s. 

The Shaq disrespect :smh:

The Shaq disrespect
mean.gif
No disrespect, but Shaq simply has no case. His career accomplishments match up poorly against LeBron's:

Rings

LeBron: 3 (all 3 as the main man)

Shaq: 4  (3 as the main man)

MVPs 

LeBron: 4

Shaq: 1

Finals MVPs

LeBron: 3 

Shaq: 3

Shaq was robbed of two MVPs, in 2001 and 2005. Had he won those, it would've been a different story. But if we judge him by what's actually in his trophy case, I honestly don't think he has a case over LeBron like he had prior to this summer.

No disrespect, but Shaq simply has no case. His career accomplishments match up poorly against LeBron's:

Rings
LeBron: 3 (all 3 as the main man)
Shaq: 4  (3 as the main man)

MVPs 
LeBron: 4
Shaq: 1

Finals MVPs
LeBron: 3 
Shaq: 3

Shaq was robbed of two MVPs, in 2001 and 2005. Had he won those, it would've been a different story. But if we judge him by what's actually in his trophy case, I honestly don't think he has a case over LeBron like he had prior to this summer.

So your argument against Shaq is he didn't win a regular season award....that you think he was "robbed of"....therefore, he doesn't stack up with LeBron? :lol:. The logic.

When you break it down....Shaq was dominant from 92-07. Went to the finals 6 times. Won 4 of them. Was a 3 time finals MVP (in a row). 16-1 in playoffs. Etc.

Your only argument for Shaq not "stacking up against LeBron" is he HS less regular season MVPs.

Steve Nash has more regular season MVPs than Shaq and Kobe. I guess he's better than them [emoji]128580[/emoji].

And Nash deserved his MVPs btw.

Back
Top Bottom