EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
No way nash deserved those mvps. The nba did that just to market a white face. Same reason they draft all these european cats even tho its dudes in the d league way better than them.

As for 80s teams vs current teams. Its no comparing. Players are way more talented now. Naturally their game will be more evolved than their predecessors. Hand checks dont matter because the ball handling today is ridiculous at this point. These dudes will cross you over and blow right past you if defend them like that

Lol at Nash deserved those mvps. 19 points and 11 assist is mvp worthy. .....mvp is a joke award..

Last edited:
Next to Rose. Nash is the worst mvp I've seen and easily the worst two time mvp ever. .

Nah. Mvp isn't a credible award after that. Two time mvp Steve Nash. Dude has as. Many as Shaq and Kobe combined.... That's credible. Nah . Dude isn't even one of the best at his position all time.

Last edited:
Next to Rose. Nash is the worst mvp I've seen and easily the worst two time mvp ever. .

Nah. Mvp isn't a credible award after that. Two time mvp Steve Nash. Dude has as. Many as Shaq and Kobe combined.... That's credible. Nah . Dude isn't even one of the best at his position all time.

Rose averaged 25 & 8 on a team that had the best record in the entire LEAGUE (weren't predicted too). That narrative HAS to stop. 2011 Derrick Rose DEFINITLEY deserved it. Dwight Howard was a close second.

People love to say LeBron fatigue and blame it on the decision.....but EVERYBODY forgets that the Heat stumbled out the gates to start the season.

While Rose and Bulls overexceeded expectations and played great throughout the season.

Last edited:
Rose averaged 25 & 8 on a team that had the best record in their conference (weren't predicted too). That narrative HAS to stop. 2011 Derrick Rose DEFINITLEY deserved it. Dwight Howard was a close second.

People love to say LeBron fatigue and blame it on the decision.....but EVERYBODY forgets that the Heat stumbled out the gates to start the season.

While Rose and Bulls overexceeded expectations and played great throughout the season.
I know Rose balled out that year ..im talking overall career for an mvp, that I've seen. Injury or whatever reason rose is the worse overall mvp that I've witnessed as far as career goes.

Last edited:
I say when Lebron retires yes. But I doubt the general public will agree so that argument won't go anywhere.

So your argument against Shaq is he didn't win a regular season award....that you think he was "robbed of"....therefore, he doesn't stack up with LeBron?
laugh.gif
. The logic.

When you break it down....Shaq was dominant from 92-07. Went to the finals 6 times. Won 4 of them. Was a 3 time finals MVP (in a row). 16-1 in playoffs. Etc.

Your only argument for Shaq not "stacking up against LeBron" is he HS less regular season MVPs.

Steve Nash has more regular season MVPs than Shaq and Kobe. I guess he's better than them [emoji]128580[/emoji].

And Nash deserved his MVPs btw.
I already addressed your first sentence and said that I'm judging him by the awards that he actually has. And for the record, I feel that LeBron was robbed of at least one more MVP (the year Rose won), a DPOY (the year Marc Gasol won) as well as the Iguodala Finals MVP of the 2015 finals, despite losing. Had he won these three awards like he should've, LeBron would've been over Kareem as well. But in the end, I have to judge him by what he actually won.

You mentioning Nash is flat out stupid because that's pretty much ALL Nash has over Shaq and Kobe.

Robert Horry has more rings than Michael Jordan. I guess he's better than him. 
eyes.gif

Unlike Nash, LeBron has 3 Finals MVPs and 3 rings. And he has 3 more MVPs than Shaq and not just 1, which matters as well. Not to mention all kinds of statistical accomplishments that he's light years ahead of Nash.

In the end, it basically boils down to LeBron having 3 more MVPs than Shaq while Shaq having 1 more ring, as Wade's sidekick which he won in a finals series where he averaged 13.7 points and 10.2 rebounds. Not a hard choice.

I say when Lebron retires yes. But I doubt the general public will agree so that argument won't go anywhere.

Will be hard to argue against...

4 MVP's
3 Rings... Possibly more
3 Finals MVPs.. Possibly more
Will be top 3 in Points, top 10 in assists, top 10 in steals in regular season
Probably 13_ All NBA 1st teams, 5 ALL NBA Defensive First teams
Regular season career averages of 27,7,7 on 50% shooting from a wing player :x
One of the best player efficiency ratings ever.
At his peak one of the more versatile defenders ever.
A run of 8(Maybe 9,10?) straight finals appearances which is just insane to think of.

Playoff Stats are even more astounding:
Averaging 28,9,7 on 48% shooting
Will be 1st all time in playoff points scored
Will be top 6 in rebounds as a SF
Top 3 in all time playoff assists
Will be 1st in playoff steals
Will be top 10 in playoff blocks
Will be top 3 in 3PM
In the finals specifically he's gonna be top 5 in every single major statistical category.
The greatest accomplishment will be bringing the Cleveland Cavs a ring against an all time NBA great 73-9 Warriors team averaging 36, 9.6, 11,6, 3 BLKs, 3 Steals per on close out games... arguably the greatest finals performance ever.

I mean people who hate the dude can try to argue it all they want but the facts would make them look foolish.

That's a lot of ifs, the stats may end up being there but getting beat over and over again by these new Warriors which I think is going to happen is going to force him to retire.

That's a lot of ifs, the stats may end up being there but getting beat over and over again by these new Warriors which I think is going to happen is going to force him to retire.

They're basically locks man.... he is already very very close in all of those categories can probably reach them in 3 seasons or so.

You do raise an interesting point though... I really think this Warriors team is going to be a dynasty of epic proportions if they stay together and they will likely handle LeBron a bunch of finals losses, will definitely be interesting to see how the public handles that.

Personally, IMO i will not fault LeBron for that if it happens, it ain't fault Durant went ahead and created the super team to end all super teams :smh:

Last edited:
There is no arguing against lebrons greatness at this point. By hating on him youre only doing a disservice to yourself. Hes a once in a lifetime player. I dont understand how you can call yourself a basketball fan and not enjoy watching lebron james play. At the end of the day its sports entertainment. Idgaf what these people do in their personal lives.

They're basically locks man.... he is already very very close in all of those categories can probably reach them in 3 seasons or so.

He very well could get injured, it looked for a while like Kobe was going to breeze pass Malone and MJ in playoff points and then the injuries happened. My point is even if he gets the numbers him losing out in the finals still going to hurt him when taking in the totality of his career. 3-7 isn't a good look any way you slice it.

Curry and durant wont stay healthy like that tbh. Nobody does now a days....except lebron

There is no arguing against lebrons greatness at this point. By hating on him youre only doing a disservice to yourself. Hes a once in a lifetime player. I dont understand how you can call yourself a basketball fan and not enjoy watching lebron james play. At the end of the day its sports entertainment. Idgaf what these people do in their personal lives.

People say this all the time, but Bron's game isn't really that aesthetically pleasing to watch. He's out there playing football half the time, suspect handles, constantly whining to the refs, flopping, etc. I can appreciate his greatness, but I can't say I like watching him play most of the time. He's like James Harden another great talent whose game is just unwatchable at times because of his style.

He very well could get injured, it looked for a while like Kobe was going to breeze pass Malone and MJ in playoff points and then the injuries happened. My point is even if he gets the numbers him losing out in the finals still going to hurt him when taking in the totality of his career. 3-7 isn't a good look any way you slice it.

Exactly. Durant and curry have already had major injuries.

The real advantage they have over the cavs is their coaching. Lebron only lost in the finals because his coaches couldnt make adjustments in time. In a 7 game series u need good coaching. Talent can only take u so far most of the time

Injuries hit Kobe when he was 34 man... LeBron is only 31 and he is literally one playoffs away from passing MJ for all time time playoffs points, he'll likely do it this year. He's gonna shatter that record barring a career ending injury this season

People say this all the time, but Bron's game isn't really that aesthetically pleasing to watch. He's out there playing football half the time, suspect handles, constantly whining to the refs, flopping, etc. I can appreciate his greatness, but I can't say I like watching him play most of the time. He's like James Harden another great talent whose game is just unwatchable at times because of his style.

Tru. I hate watch him bring the ball up the court but its still cool to watch him set something up and throw a dime. Hes not magic johnson but his playmaking ability is still above average

Injuries hit Kobe when he was 34 man... LeBron is only 31 and he is literally one playoffs away from passing MJ for all time time playoffs points, he'll likely do it this year. He's gonna shatter that record barring a career ending injury this season

It's not so much about the age its the minutes he's logged on his body already. But he's been impervious to a serious injury so far so it's more likely that he doesn't get hurt but you never know.

Lebron could retire TODAY and easily be top 5 GOAT

Don't have wait until he retires to see that.

Anything from here on out just adds to his legacy

If I had to pick between LBJ and Magic for an all-time starting 5 I'm picking LBJ 100 times out of 100

Last edited:
Agreed mamba . Lebron is obviously great but ive never enjoyed watchin him play . His game does nothing for me . Its ugly to me, it is entertainment but we all like different things . Lot of great music artist who i dont enjoy and would never listen to. Same ish.

Agreed mamba . Lebron is obviously great but ive never enjoyed watchin him play . His game does nothing for me . Its ugly to me, it is entertainment but we all like different things . Lot of great music artist who i dont enjoy and would never listen to. Same ish.

His game is ugly but watching him dominate the finals last year was a thing of beauty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom