EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
They had Lebron's block be number 1 top play of the month. 2 was kyries shot. I'm a lebron fan but i would had the shot be number 1

Thats the 3rd time Kyrie did that from that same spot. Clutch 3

Not taking anything away from that block tho

They had Lebron's block be number 1 top play of the month. 2 was kyries shot. I'm a lebron fan but i would had the shot be number 1

Thats the 3rd time Kyrie did that from that same spot. Clutch 3

Not taking anything away from that block tho

it's a toss up between the two. even as a dubs fan the chase down block might've saved the championship for cavs considering it would've put gsw ahead, not to mention the dude ran the length of the damn court in a blink. Kyrie's shot was clutch but at the same time it was essentially a win-win for kyrie, he makes it and it's a potential GW or he misses it and they go to over time.

**** still stings like ****, but damn, this KD signing is helping me and probably others get over it. it's like getting dumped by your girlfriend, feeling heartbroken and then hoppin on tinder and gettin play from every dime

Last edited:
If LeBron converted that last dunk, would that have surpassed the block or Kyrie's shot?
c50f497a729d39b5afc6453cc6a1be32.jpg

I think the thread should be changed to, is Curry the best player on the Warriors? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Curry and Durant pretty much cancel each other out whenever it will come to the discussion of who THE best player is as long as they play together. They will win some rings though as long as they stay healthy.

^^^
I understand where you're coming from with that logic, but did it apply for Bron when he was playing with Wade? A lot of people still believed he was the best while running with DWade and Co in Miami.

^^^
I understand where you're coming from with that logic, but did it apply for Bron when he was playing with Wade? A lot of people still believed he was the best while running with DWade and Co in Miami.

Nah LeBron was head and shoulders above Wade all those years... not even close.

I'm OP, after last years performance I'm ready to say LeBron is the second greatest player of all time... or will go down as such when its all said and done. This is coming from the biggest Kobe fan out who used to be a huge LeBron hater. I've learned to release the hate and just appreciate the greatness.

I see what you guys mean now. Originally I thought the logic was that one couldn't be the best player in the league if there is another elite player in the same team.

I'm nothing close to an NBA historian, but I feel LeBron most definitely belongs in the discussion for 2ndGOAT.

Last edited:
Nah LeBron was head and shoulders above Wade all those years... not even close.

I'm OP, after last years performance I'm ready to say LeBron is the second greatest player of all time... or will go down as such when its all said and done. This is coming from the biggest Kobe fan out who used to be a huge LeBron hater. I've learned to release the hate and just appreciate the greatness.
Not in 2011 he wasn't head and shoulders better. Wade was at 26, 6, 5 and Bron was at 27, 8, and 7 that regular season, almost identical numbers during the playoffs and Wade was a lot better in the Finals. They were 1A and 1B at that point. Which is why after Bron's debacle against Dallas, Wade was the one who decided to take a back seat. 

Not in 2011 he wasn't head and shoulders better. Wade was at 26, 6, 5 and Bron was at 27, 8, and 7 that regular season, almost identical numbers during the playoffs and Wade was a lot better in the Finals. They were 1A and 1B at that point. Which is why after Bron's debacle against Dallas, Wade was the one who decided to take a back seat. 

Yup.

The rewriting of history with LeBron is funny man :lol:.

Yup.

The rewriting of history with LeBron is funny man
laugh.gif
It's ridiculous, got dudes saying his teams in Miami weren't stacked now as well. Anything to put him on a higher pedestal I guess. Top 5 isn't good enough. 

No one considered wade the best player in the L those years.

Wade was the 3rd best player in the league at that time.

It went

1A- Bron
1B- Kobe
2/3- Wade & Dwight
5. Cp3

Bosh was somewhere around the 10th to 15th best player.

Bron is great. Top 10....could def move up.

But at this point...it's premature to put him as the #2 player of ALL time. There are guys from different decades that have accomplished more.

Tim Duncan just retired. Big Men get disrespected like crazy these. Kareem not being mentioned is a travesty.

Bron is top 3 to 5 of the modern era (last 25) years. (Duncan/Bron/Kobe/Shaq).

And why y'all talking about Bron being #2, better put some respeck on Kareem's name. That man is the only one that has a legit argument with MJ. I have Bron at 4 right now, but with another title I'll likely begrudgingly move him past Magic like I did with Bean this year. 

Wade was the 3rd best player in the league at that time.

It went

1A- Bron
1B- Kobe
2/3- Wade & Dwight
5. Cp3

Bosh was somewhere around the 10th to 15th best player.

Bron is great. Top 10....could def move up.

But at this point...it's premature to put him as the #2 player of ALL time. There are guys from different decades that have accomplished more.

Tim Duncan just retired. Big Men get disrespected like crazy these. Kareem not being mentioned is a travesty.

Bron is top 3 to 5 of the modern era (last 25) years. (Duncan/Bron/Kobe/Shaq).

espn had lebron at 3 all time before last season ... and you're saying top 10? lol

I have him at 4, but it could just as easily be at 7 considering Kobe, Duncan and Shaq's careers are over. ESPN also had Curry and Durant in the top 25 already as well as Kobe #12, that list was full of reaches. 

I actually like to think of it in tiers:

You have MJ in one by himself.

Kareem & Magic next, and then Bron, Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan in the next one. They're all interchangeable really but what he was able to do in beating GS somewhat gives him the nod in addition to the MVPs and overall numbers.

I mean Kobe, Timmy & Shaq were top 5 players for 15 seasons each, Bron is just at 10 right now.

Last edited:
espn had lebron at 3 all time before last season ... and you're saying top 10? lol

ESPN had Anthony Davis as the best player in the league going into last year :lol:.

They don't hold credibility. The Kareem Disrespect is crazy. Magic Johnson is getting forgotten about too. Time will do that to you :smh:

Back
Top Bottom