EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
I have him at 4, but it could just as easily be at 7 considering Kobe, Duncan and Shaq's careers are over. ESPN also had Curry and Durant in the top 25 already as well as Kobe #12, that list was full of reaches. 

I actually like to think of it in tiers:

You have MJ in one by himself.

Kareem & Magic next, and then Bron, Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan in the next one. They're all interchangeable really but what he was able to do in beating GS somewhat gives him the nod in addition to the MVPs and overall numbers.

I have Bron around 7 or 8. But I agree with your tiers

ESPN had Anthony Davis as the best player in the league going into last year :lol:.

They don't hold credibility. The Kareem Disrespect is crazy. Magic Johnson is getting forgotten about too. Time will do that to you :smh:

kareem was #2 on the list. espn did not have anthony davis #1 on any list ever.

are you slow? you said he was listed as #1, then show me a list where he's #2.

the list i'm talking about is the espn all time list. mj kareem lebron.

No my man.....you can't read. Or you on the loudest of loud.

I'm saying I don't hold ESPN's all time NBA player rankings as gospel. You saying well, "well ESPN had Bron already at #3 all time, and you're saying ten ".......like that solidifies it :lol:.

The same publication named Anthony Davis the 2nd best NBA player last year before the season (I thought it was first, but I was close).

They can be wrong and premature.

Not in 2011 he wasn't head and shoulders better. Wade was at 26, 6, 5 and Bron was at 27, 8, and 7 that regular season, almost identical numbers during the playoffs and Wade was a lot better in the Finals. They were 1A and 1B at that point. Which is why after Bron's debacle against Dallas, Wade was the one who decided to take a back seat. 
LeBron in 2010-11: All-NBA 1st team, All-NBA 1st defensive team

Wade in 2010-11: All-NBA 2nd team, no all-defense

LeBron averaged 1.2 more points, 1.1 more rebounds, 2.4 more assists and 0.1 more steals

Wade averaged 0.5 more blocks

LeBron: 27.3 PER

Wade: 25.6 PER

Yup, as clear of a 50/50 as I've ever seen.
eyes.gif
 Of the four seasons they played together in Miami, 2010-11 was by far LeBron's worst season and by far Wade's best season and it was still evident that LeBron was the man. The only reasons some felt confident enough to regard them as 1A and 1B was the fact that Wade carried a plus because he was the name/face of the franchise for the previous 7 seasons where he was drafted whilst LeBron carried a huge minus because of him leaving the Cavs and coming to Wade's franchise plus of the idiotic "The Decision" spectacle that made him the most hated figure in sports, way more than Durant is these days. But when you look at the 2010-11 season in itself, free of these asterisks, it is evident that while Wade had a very good season, LeBron's was clearly better. Maybe he wasn't head and shoulders better, but he was definitely head better.

The only ammunition you have is LeBron's poor finals series against the Mavericks. Yet Wade played worse against the Bulls in the conference finals (18.8 ppg on .405, 6.4 rpg and 2.2 apg) than LeBron did in the finals (17.8 ppg on .478, 7.2 rpg and 6.8 apg). But of course that is forgotten because A. They won that series due to LeBron and B. Wade is not good enough to be scrutinized as much as LeBron to have every little thing analyzed about him so it's quietly swept under the rug never to be talked about again.

Last edited:
Typed all that to repeat what I said in a 1/4th of the words. The difference between then was negligible and far more pronounced in the following seasons.

Lebron aint the second greatest. That belong to Magic...

TOP 5

MJ
MAGIC
THE CAPT
Wilt
Lebron.

He needs to win 3 more, to be in consideration for second best. The fact he lost 3 times in the finals and he went to join a super team, disqualifies him from the GOAT...

OHHH yeah, that playoff game where he gave up against the Celts in 2009, also.. :rofl:

LBJ > Magic already

Has Wade ever won an MVP?

What other times has an MVP played with another ?

Last edited:
Championship is not an individual award

Compare their individual accolades and stats

Last edited:

Magic Still has better overall accolades than Bron at this point.

2 More chips
Same number of FMVPS
One less regular season MVP

More assist
More rebounds

LeBron is a better scorer obviously. But Magic wasn't a slouch at almost 20ppg.

Magic was a bad man.

They just don't get this :smh:

Magic really isn't the best example for them to use either considering who he came in the league playing with

No other player in NBA history was required to do this just to win. This stat is amazing

Last edited:
Not just about stats, just like its not about championships either. Its all around. Magic is an all around better player that Lebron. Played in a harder era, and was a leader.

When we put both resumes against each other, TO ME Magic is still better right now. If Lebron shows more in the rest of his career then maybe he will pass MAGIC.

Not just about stats, just like its not about championships either. Its all around. Magic is an all around better player that Lebron. Played in a harder era, and was a leader.

When we put both resumes against each other, TO ME Magic is still better right now. If Lebron shows more in the rest of his career then maybe he will pass MAGIC.
That's called an opinion

Facts = LBJ > Magic

Bron and Wade were 1A and 1B of the Heat, not the league. Anybody that says Wade was considered the best player in the league in 2011 is being facetious...

Back
Top Bottom