Educate me on Range Rovers

Drove a late 90s one through HS and early college.

Even though it wasn't like that they're good for catchin' a stunt but maintenance
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Plus, they're really spacious which I need 'cause I'm tall.

Drove a late 90s one through HS and early college.

Even though it wasn't like that they're good for catchin' a stunt but maintenance
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Plus, they're really spacious which I need 'cause I'm tall.

i've had 3 land rovers in the past, and presently have a lr3. the only problems i ever had out of any of them was the 97 discovery i had, the window regular pivot point rusted out and came loose. other than that, there was no problems with them.  the bodies are made of aluminum, so they won't rust. they drive great. if you haven't driven one, don't knock them until you have. but once you drive one, you will know what the so called "hype" is about. the only thing i don't like about them is having to run premium gas. plus that's where i got my username from...

i've had 3 land rovers in the past, and presently have a lr3. the only problems i ever had out of any of them was the 97 discovery i had, the window regular pivot point rusted out and came loose. other than that, there was no problems with them.  the bodies are made of aluminum, so they won't rust. they drive great. if you haven't driven one, don't knock them until you have. but once you drive one, you will know what the so called "hype" is about. the only thing i don't like about them is having to run premium gas. plus that's where i got my username from...

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

you cant compare this to a range rover but the thing is, these are built better than range rovers
roll.gif
i know 2 guys with these, they are nice but i wouldnt buy one unless i got it for cheap.

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

you cant compare this to a range rover but the thing is, these are built better than range rovers
roll.gif
i know 2 guys with these, they are nice but i wouldnt buy one unless i got it for cheap.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

why would you compare gtr to a range rover?
Because they're the same price. And the GTR is faster and more reliable, as well as looks better and I hate SUVs. OP was talking about what rides were worth 80k and I'd take the GTR any day. (not that I've driven either)

Because they're the same price. And the GTR is faster and more reliable, as well as looks better and I hate SUVs. OP was talking about what rides were worth 80k and I'd take the GTR any day. (not that I've driven either)

My brother has the Supercharged Range. Its a great car but when he was in the market to get a whip (he always wanted a range and was set on it) I convinced him to lease the car, and not to buy because of the cost of service and parts.

By 100,000 miles I have known of people that have spent more money fixing their Range than what it is currently worth to them. It doesnt make sense to own that car in my opinion.

My brother has the Supercharged Range. Its a great car but when he was in the market to get a whip (he always wanted a range and was set on it) I convinced him to lease the car, and not to buy because of the cost of service and parts.

By 100,000 miles I have known of people that have spent more money fixing their Range than what it is currently worth to them. It doesnt make sense to own that car in my opinion.

Originally Posted by bballah3

People who can actually afford RR, don't put anywhere near 100k miles on them. 

Originally Posted by bballah3

People who can actually afford RR, don't put anywhere near 100k miles on them. 

They look good, but as most people have said, they are terribly unreliable. My brother has a 2002 Discovery Series  II and it has soooo many problems left and right. The fuel economy on those things is sooo bad. I think my brother gets 13 MPG combined on premium gas
tired.gif
. I swear it has been in the shop so many times. I remember his head gasket blew off and it cost him almost 3g's..smh  

They look good, but as most people have said, they are terribly unreliable. My brother has a 2002 Discovery Series  II and it has soooo many problems left and right. The fuel economy on those things is sooo bad. I think my brother gets 13 MPG combined on premium gas
tired.gif
. I swear it has been in the shop so many times. I remember his head gasket blew off and it cost him almost 3g's..smh  

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Range Rovers are hot. I'd rather cop a Porsche Cayenne though.
this.  don't buy a range.  your mechanic will be in it more than you. 

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Range Rovers are hot. I'd rather cop a Porsche Cayenne though.
this.  don't buy a range.  your mechanic will be in it more than you. 

Originally Posted by scshift

Ones a truck, and the other is a supercar....so yeah, what you said makes no sense

Originally Posted by scshift

Ones a truck, and the other is a supercar....so yeah, what you said makes no sense

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I love em'. My dream vehicle but I was flabbergasted when I found out how unreliable they are
30t6p3b.gif

This. Every word. I can't even look at one straight knowing all the issues people have with them.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I love em'. My dream vehicle but I was flabbergasted when I found out how unreliable they are
30t6p3b.gif

This. Every word. I can't even look at one straight knowing all the issues people have with them.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

scshift wrote:

But.. It does...  Like someone mentioned before, the Range is a status icon vehicle. You can get trucks for a lot cheaper than that that will serve the same purpose, so I don think were talking in terms of practical use... And with that said, I'd go with the GT-R too
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom