Elizabeth Holmes, Scammer of the Millennium

And black folks should care about this because????
miss-j-hands.gif

What a scammer. Amazing how easily people fell for it too.

Reminds of me of anti-vaxxer types, or those who think we cured cancer and are hiding the cure, and of course MAGAs, etc.... All about the packaging with no appreciation of the underlying value (or science). Lazy, gullible fools.

Not gonna lie, she got me too in the beginning. The media was really riding for her. She found a soft spot and rode that ***** to a billion dollar valuation with no viable product, best to do it since the dot com bubble burst
Yeah been seeing her rise and fall lol. These highly competitive institutions breed this kind of behavior.

"Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and her family invested $100 million in Theranos. Other big name investors include the Walton Family (Walmart heirs; lost $150 million), Rupert Murdoch (News Corp.; lost $125 million), the Cox family (Cox Communications; lost $100 million), Carlos Slim (Telmex, America Movil; lost $30 million) and Robert Kraft (the New England Patriots; lost $1 million), among others."

What a waste. Can we get some universal healthcare now?

Reactions: wr
"Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and her family invested $100 million in Theranos. Other big name investors include the Walton Family (Walmart heirs; lost $150 million), Rupert Murdoch (News Corp.; lost $125 million), the Cox family (Cox Communications; lost $100 million), Carlos Slim (Telmex, America Movil; lost $30 million) and Robert Kraft (the New England Patriots; lost $1 million), among others."

What a waste. Can we get some universal healthcare now?

Govt has too many regulations for innovation at the pace and scale we need in healthcare[/QUOTE]

she claimed to have technology that could get accurate results with a fraction of the blood, thus reducing the need for painful blood draws.

turns out the technology was pretty much to dilute the blood and then multiply the values. it was awfully inaccurate.

in practice, they ran most of their blood tests on standard machines.

this is my understanding from 1-2 years ago.

Watched this Monday, and I couldn't believe the finesse game. The Android like stare and Yoda voice was so strange to me, and she had everyone fooled. It's definitely a white privilege thing no question.

Apparently they are saying her voice was fake too. :lol:
I can definitely see her doing it to play on seeming more masculine.

Like damn it’s that easy to get Silicon Valley investors and old men with money to part ways with it. Get a 5 looking blonde woman, have her talk like an everyman and wear turtlenecks and they melt like butter.

I hadn’t even really heard of her but as soon as I heard her voice on the documentary I said yes this chick is putting on an act. Like she sounds like a surfer dude but she’s from DC

The WSJ's reporter who basically called this out in his investigative reporting wrote a fantastic book on it.

Everyone was paper rich for a while on this one.

So much crazyness with this documentary and the story in general

How she finessed so many people with money without any proof. She would have gotten laughed on shark tank.

I still think its a good idea. The edison. Like i dont feel we are to far off on creating something very similar or a manifestation of the whole process.

Her glare and deep voice are just unsettling. Plus she accordingly was ****in sunny since she was 18. Which wasnt mentioned in the doc. Strange. Great doc though

Yeah it's probably worth a genuine shot. First thing they should have done was confirm functionality even if it's the size of a room. It's stupid trying to make it fit that box first.

Back
Top Bottom