Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

Epic fall? Come on folks. We talking about a multi-billion dollar company here. They're going to "eat" this loss and keep it moving. They made akilling with the release of the 23's on black friday and everybody talking about quality of the cdp's (haha, it's funny how some of you same peopleactually brought multiple pairs of these packs). That's like buying a car that you know is made from bad material, then coming back to talk *#% about howyou don't like the way the engine sounds.

My point is, don't act like the 2K9 is the first Jordan product that came out with bad quality, when throughout the year/years this quality has been pushedon the consumer consistently.

Oh, wait...one more thing. You either like the shoe or you don't. Peeps talking about how ugly the shoe is, then the next sentence they saying is howthey're going to wait for the price to fall before they copp. Come on...stop it!!

yeah it might be a billion dollar company, but when your "new signature" line completely bombs, its obviously not good for numbers. Jordan doesntcare about the quality of the cdp, cheap material higher pricing of the shoe = $$$$$. You are right he made up for this loss with cdp and the 23's.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by SoleControl

Originally Posted by NJstress03

why am i not surprised. lol. dunt wana knock ya bro but wats your sources?
Slap yourself.
Two times.

should of expected that since ya are familiar with him, i was askin cuz i wanted to know wat his info was according to. not doubting its authenticity. you guysare brutal

^^^yeah be nice guys.
laugh.gif

Yeah that's just a horrible shoe because people would've bought it if it was hot no matter how bad the economy is.

The XV's didn't sell well upon release, but there is no way to justify $190 on 2009's.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

don't act like the 2K9 is the first Jordan product that came out with bad quality, when throughout the year/years this quality has been pushed on the consumer consistently.
I don't think the 2009s have bad quality. From my experience the current Air Jordan model has always been of good quality. It is only retrosthat are not. I havent had the chance to look at a 2009 in person but I am willing to bet they are of very good quality (especially compared to other JBproducts).

The 2009 (at least in the current colorways) is not a very attractive shoe. I won't say it is ugly but it does not have any sort of "wow" factorto it. It is a very average looking sneaker. It is hard to sell an average looking sneaker for a well above average price.

I'm pretty damn sure, Michael Jordan had a hand in the cheapening of quality.

Things don't just get released in his name without him knowing. He knows that his name sells no matter what. And since he has a percentage of the netprofit, the lesser the expense the happier he is.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself as a villian"

Originally Posted by veGAtts

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

don't act like the 2K9 is the first Jordan product that came out with bad quality, when throughout the year/years this quality has been pushed on the consumer consistently.
I don't think the 2009s have bad quality. From my experience the current Air Jordan model has always been of good quality. It is only retros that are not. I havent had the chance to look at a 2009 in person but I am willing to bet they are of very good quality (especially compared to other JB products).

The 2009 (at least in the current colorways) is not a very attractive shoe. I won't say it is ugly but it does not have any sort of "wow" factor to it. It is a very average looking sneaker. It is hard to sell an average looking sneaker for a well above average price.

You make a good point about the average look not jiving with the sky-high price, but I must quarrel with you about the signature shoe quality. I owned a fewpairs of the XX, XXI, and XXIII and they all had quality issues. Cheap patent chipping on the XX, easy to rip lace covers and eyelets on the XXI and cheapplastic on the XXIII that seems to scratch itself. Better than retros, yes, but still not up to par with other 200 dollars shoes, or products for that matter.I own plenty of 150 and up dress shoes and the materials, presentation, and overall quality is leagues ahead of JB. Hell, my girlfrend's valentine'sday present shoes smoked JB in terms of box, presentation and quality of materials. They say the 2009 is an exception to this, I hope so. I would be much morelikely to cop if the very positive reports of the materials, box and overall feel of the shoe pan out.

Im glad it happend and hope it keping happening until they drop something that the buyers want to cop

Economy has nothing to do with it................the shoe is just miserable looking. An updated 14 mixed with the 22 is juss plain and boring. If the shoecould talk it would say "throw me away I'm useless" standing beside the 23's and anything before them.

hopefully will get it....that they just cant be releasing ugly *#% kix anymore. step up your game JB (MJ).

i know that most of the people on the board (including myself) think the shoes won't sell, but the OP talks as if he's seen numbers. proof?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....

Pretty much.

JB = manufacturer. They sell shoes to the store. They will still do A-rod numbers. Footaction, Footlocker, etc. those are the guys who will have to weather thestorm.

Back
Top Bottom