ESPN Films: The Fab 5: 3/13 9PM EST/6PM PST ON ESPN HD

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

Pay them for practice hours/game hours/etc.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.
I agree with this. When you have to practice and play all these games you have no time to work so it only seems fair. Pay them minimum wage for like 10-15 hours a week. That's enough for them to have some pocket change, which is what every college students wants to have fun.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.
I agree with this. When you have to practice and play all these games you have no time to work so it only seems fair. Pay them minimum wage for like 10-15 hours a week. That's enough for them to have some pocket change, which is what every college students wants to have fun.

Run Ricky Run is my personal favorite but I know it's not the best documentary out of the bunch. They barely focused on his college years... big mistake
30t6p3b.gif

Run Ricky Run is my personal favorite but I know it's not the best documentary out of the bunch. They barely focused on his college years... big mistake
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Give all student athletes the same allowance.

laugh.gif

I mean, I agree, but the average college athlete isn't that dumb. They know they're not the average student working for the school. The discussion isn't going to end with them getting paid like a kid working at the front desk of a school library.

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Give all student athletes the same allowance.

laugh.gif

I mean, I agree, but the average college athlete isn't that dumb. They know they're not the average student working for the school. The discussion isn't going to end with them getting paid like a kid working at the front desk of a school library.

we all knew the story about the fab 5, ed martin, the timeout. it was cool seeing the home videos and footage that were never shown.

we all knew the story about the fab 5, ed martin, the timeout. it was cool seeing the home videos and footage that were never shown.

I've been a big fan of the 30 for 30 films and I think this one was one of the best. I won't rank them but the best ones to me have been theone on OJ, Winning Time, Run Ricky Run, The U, and Pony Excess. I missed Once Brothers although I've heard good things about it.

I think the doc was pretty fair to Webber without his involvement. I still sense some hostility from Jalen towards him but at the same time there's still love there. It was pretty whack for Webb to throw Martin under the bus like that but at the same time he was trying to protect himself so I can at least rationalize it I guess.

Never realized Jimmy King was such a BEAST like that. Homie was straight dunkin on cats with no regard for human life (word to Kevin Harlan). Why didn't he stick in the league?

I've been a big fan of the 30 for 30 films and I think this one was one of the best. I won't rank them but the best ones to me have been theone on OJ, Winning Time, Run Ricky Run, The U, and Pony Excess. I missed Once Brothers although I've heard good things about it.

I think the doc was pretty fair to Webber without his involvement. I still sense some hostility from Jalen towards him but at the same time there's still love there. It was pretty whack for Webb to throw Martin under the bus like that but at the same time he was trying to protect himself so I can at least rationalize it I guess.

Never realized Jimmy King was such a BEAST like that. Homie was straight dunkin on cats with no regard for human life (word to Kevin Harlan). Why didn't he stick in the league?

- watching the 'timeout' incident still hurts to this day. i have to turn away....i cant even look at it.

- watching the 'timeout' incident still hurts to this day. i have to turn away....i cant even look at it.

Back
Top Bottom