ESPN Films: The Fab 5: 3/13 9PM EST/6PM PST ON ESPN HD

Do people realize that he said he thought... as in at 18 before he played/got to know them that was his opinion of them.

Everyone's reacting as if these are his current views.

duke did go after those type of black players so i dont see what the fuss is about.....thats why i laugh whenever a broke n' from nc talking about he a duke fan
30t6p3b.gif

duke did go after those type of black players so i dont see what the fuss is about.....thats why i laugh whenever a broke n' from nc talking about he a duke fan
30t6p3b.gif

Jalen said he felt that way when he was 17....so not sure how it's an issue.

and whitlock is correct that Georgetown started the shakeup more then those guys

and whitlock is correct that Georgetown started the shakeup more then those guys

Originally Posted by SCuse7

It is a belief system that still present in the black community so it is an issue despite the fact he said it when he was 18. Grant Hill could have geared the letter toward that and more people would be on his side if he did.

broke n' from nc talking about he a duke fan
30t6p3b.gif

The type of dude who'd only be on that campus if he worked in Janitorial or Food Services.

Its also interesting how everyone is turning on CWebb claiming that he wasn't hood and he was fake. Sure he wasn't "hood" but he did grow up in Detroit in a middle class home and wanted no parts of Detroit County Day. He begged his mother to go to school with Jalen and was in tears when she forced him to go to DCD. He was unfairly made to be the odd man out.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

It is a belief system that still present in the black community so it is an issue despite the fact he said it when he was 18. Grant Hill could have geared the letter toward that and more people would be on his side if he did.

broke n' from nc talking about he a duke fan
30t6p3b.gif

The type of dude who'd only be on that campus if he worked in Janitorial or Food Services.

Its also interesting how everyone is turning on CWebb claiming that he wasn't hood and he was fake. Sure he wasn't "hood" but he did grow up in Detroit in a middle class home and wanted no parts of Detroit County Day. He begged his mother to go to school with Jalen and was in tears when she forced him to go to DCD. He was unfairly made to be the odd man out.

Loved the documentary. This one along with Jordan rides the Bus, the Allen Iverson one, The U, and Winning Time are must have DVDs.

Loved the documentary. This one along with Jordan rides the Bus, the Allen Iverson one, The U, and Winning Time are must have DVDs.

Just so you younger guys know, there might not be a Niketalk without the Fab Five.

If the Niketalk community was one team in the history of sports, it would be the '92-93 Michigan basketball team. Hip-hop, style, trend setters, swagger & just having fun.

Thank you Jalen & ESPN for telling the story to a new generation.

Fab Five Forever

Just so you younger guys know, there might not be a Niketalk without the Fab Five.

If the Niketalk community was one team in the history of sports, it would be the '92-93 Michigan basketball team. Hip-hop, style, trend setters, swagger & just having fun.

Fab Five Forever

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*The way espn set up Webber's long walk down the Superdome tunnel was brilliant. I got goosebumps watching it. I kept waiting for the footage to end...but it kept going and going. I really felt bad for Webber in seeing him make that long walk...great job, ESPN.
Agreed. That part had me on the edge of my seat. I thought Chris was gonna lash out or shove the camera man or something.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Dipset too busy watching music videos and gravedigging posts in the music forum
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, this was a great doc. Loved every minute of it. Them dudes made me STILL root for Michigan (Traylor, Mo, Bullock, etc) even after the 5 left.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*The way espn set up Webber's long walk down the Superdome tunnel was brilliant. I got goosebumps watching it. I kept waiting for the footage to end...but it kept going and going. I really felt bad for Webber in seeing him make that long walk...great job, ESPN.
Agreed. That part had me on the edge of my seat. I thought Chris was gonna lash out or shove the camera man or something.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Dipset too busy watching music videos and gravedigging posts in the music forum
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, this was a great doc. Loved every minute of it. Them dudes made me STILL root for Michigan (Traylor, Mo, Bullock, etc) even after the 5 left.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB

Fab Five Forever
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KB

Fab Five Forever
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

30t6p3b.gif
boy what you talking bout you sound dumb.

born and raised in NC and a true duke fan. soo if im rich its ok for me to be a duke fan but not if im broke?

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

30t6p3b.gif
boy what you talking bout you sound dumb.

born and raised in NC and a true duke fan. soo if im rich its ok for me to be a duke fan but not if im broke?

Back
Top Bottom