ESPN Top 10 NFL pass Rushers

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by CP1708

finnns2003 wrote
that the best you got? why bother with numbers, stats, and logic when making baseless comments will do

You mean like mentioning that Jason Taylor was THIRTEENTH in sacks last season, but you think he is the best TODAY? Those kinda baseless illogical statements? Complete with stats and pop up pictures and all that? Leave it alone man, you're depressing me.

you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. you mean the same team last season that almost went winless?? the same team that gave up each and every game after 2 quarters? a player who got double and triple teamed consistently because everyone else on defense sucked? a player who was once again on a losing team? again, logic and you don't seem to be a good fit. you call yourself a phins fan but you sound like you have no idea what's going on in south florida

I know right, cuz no other player ever faces double or triple teams, just Jason. Very good logic you're using. It's clear that you know more about football then I. I bow my head gracefully in your presence.

besides the point. we're talking about jt. given the circumstances, it's phenomenal that he got 13 sacks. the team was dead last in talent, coaching, and balls. they had no heart and gave up what seems like every game except the skins game and the ravens game.

He got 11 sacks... not 13

Kampman>>> Taylor

you mean the same team last season that almost went winless?? the same team that gave up each and every game after 2 quarters? a player who got double and triple teamed consistently because everyone else on defense sucked?
But... Jared Allen led the league in sacks last year... And his team was terrible, too...

JT rarely goes one on one. i haven't missed a phins game in a longgg time my friend. i agree that he probably won't see 18 sacks ever again, but he's a much better pass rusher than freeney. freeney is one dimensional and lost his effectiveness last season before he got injured. there were stories all over the papers about it
I know he is "one dimensional" because he is the best pure pass rusher in the NFL. So you are going to discredit Freeney for adownseason last season (no one knows how his injury impacted his play) But you continue to support your Jason Taylor arguments with previous seasons and gaudystats? Is it me?

So if you never miss a Fins game can you tell me how many sacks JT had from the DE spot as opposed to the OLB spot. I would be interested to know.

I just do not see logically how you can call someone who when healthy must be given attention by two or three players every play one of which happens to be LTis much worse then someone who is schemed to get a free run at ,RB,TE,FB or whoever is blocking him from a standup position. I am not denying Jason TaylorsPREVIOUS ability as a DE. But he is not that player anymore point blank. It is yet to be seen if Freeney will return to form.

IMO I will know when the Colts have given up on Freeney. And they will let me know this when they feel the need to get a legitiment defensive line to pair withFreeney.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

you mean the same team last season that almost went winless?? the same team that gave up each and every game after 2 quarters? a player who got double and triple teamed consistently because everyone else on defense sucked?
But... Jared Allen led the league in sacks last year... And his team was terrible, too...

but... they had Hali on the other side with almost 10 sacks. the phins had matt frickin roth on the other side

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

but... they had Hali on the other side with almost 10 sacks. the phins had matt frickin roth on the other side

Hali had ten sacks because of Allen. They have no defensive tackle play to speak of. Jaren Allen was the only person on the Chiefs dline to get anytype of attention just like your beloved JT.

EDIT: Just so no one gets the impression that I am implying Hali is trash cause he is NOT.

With that said. JT is a better pass rusher then Allen in my opinion I have a thing for speed rushers.

Derrick Burgess has 35 sacks over the past 3 seasons..... and he was injured last year. BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell has happened in this thread?
laugh.gif

they tried to trade him because he wants a ring. he's tired of rebuilding processes and new coaching regimes. he doesn't want to be in miami. that's why they're trying to get picks for him (although that's now done). do you even follow the phins? wow, embarrassing to know you don't even know what's going on with the phins' best player.

keep fappin to your avy kid

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Really? Bill Parcells took the job so he could help Taylor win a ring, THAT's why they wanted to trade him?

Boy, I'm sure glad you came back to S&T to teach us dumb Dolphin fans about our team. Thanks bro.
happy.gif
I don't agree that JT is the best pass rusher in the game as of today..... but c'mon now..... Miami is rebuilding from the foundation up.... JThas been their best player for a long time. He's nearing the end of his career....... he wants the chance to play for a contender or a team that at leasthas a good chance at making the playoffs. He has let the organization know he wants out of Miami. Why would Miami keep a disgruntled player nearing the end ofhis career when they are going with a youth movement? Taylor might give them 2, 3 more seasons at the most? Why not trade him for youth? being draft picks orplayers? Thats why they want to trade him.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

they tried to trade him because he wants a ring. he's tired of rebuilding processes and new coaching regimes. he doesn't want to be in miami. that's why they're trying to get picks for him (although that's now done). do you even follow the phins? wow, embarrassing to know you don't even know what's going on with the phins' best player.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Really? Bill Parcells took the job so he could help Taylor win a ring, THAT's why they wanted to trade him?

Boy, I'm sure glad you came back to S&T to teach us dumb Dolphin fans about our team. Thanks bro.
happy.gif
I don't agree that JT is the best pass rusher in the game as of today..... but c'mon now..... Miami is rebuilding from the foundation up.... JT has been their best player for a long time. He's nearing the end of his career....... he wants the chance to play for a contender or a team that at least has a good chance at making the playoffs. He has let the organization know he wants out of Miami. Why would Miami keep a disgruntled player nearing the end of his career when they are going with a youth movement? Taylor might give them 2, 3 more seasons at the most? Why not trade him for youth? being draft picks or players? Thats why they want to trade him.
^^^Agreed

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

happy.gif
I don't agree that JT is the best pass rusher in the game as of today..... but c'mon now..... Miami is rebuilding from the foundation up.... JT has been their best player for a long time. He's nearing the end of his career....... he wants the chance to play for a contender or a team that at least has a good chance at making the playoffs. He has let the organization know he wants out of Miami. Why would Miami keep a disgruntled player nearing the end of his career when they are going with a youth movement? Taylor might give them 2, 3 more seasons at the most? Why not trade him for youth? being draft picks or players? Thats why they want to trade him.

exactly. it's embarrassing that he's a dolphins fan and doesn't know this. jt doesn't want to be in miami and parcells wants to stockpilethis team with draft picks. put 2 and 2 together and...
grin.gif

finnns2003 wrote:

finnns2003 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

happy.gif

exactly. it's embarrassing that he's a dolphins fan and doesn't know this. jt doesn't want to be in miami and parcells wants to stockpile this team with draft picks. put 2 and 2 together and...
grin.gif

*Sigh*

Seriously? Do you people seriously not read well? Dude, I quoted you for that nonsense you spoke about they tried to trade him because he wants a ring. Asin, that is the stupidest thing you've said today. Like, no damn team gives a crap about trading a guy just because he wants a ring. Damn near everyplayer wants a ring. Get a clue.

I have been beggin the Dolphins to trade Taylor for picks ALL WINTER LONG. Don't believe it, go to draft king.com, you'll see my email posted up inthere asking what he thought we could get for him. Or, how bout you read thru niketalk nfl threads, and you'll see me in many of those asking for him toget traded. So what you read above is me being sarcastic about your nonsense and you guys reading it and thinking it's literal. Freaking unbelievable.

Why the f I let myself get roped into arguing with you over stuff you know nothing about it beyond me. SMH at me for being stupid.
laugh.gif

it's not that he wants a ring. it's that he no longer wants to be a phin. disgruntled high-priced vet + rebuilding team = trade for picks. but thatdidn't go so well... so he'll be a phin this season

Derrick Burgess has 35 sacks over the past 3 seasons..... and he was injured last year. BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Talk, Derrick Burgess >>>>>> Jason Taylor. It's not even close. Twinkle toes ain't seeing D-Burg.

freeney = #1
freakish speed for somebody his size + he has leverage over the taller tackles (except Ogden who owns him). With him, they would've repeated this year aschamps because they would've applied that "pass rush" pressure to the Pats that the Giants did, but earlier.

TODAY
JT not > nor = DF (no way, no how)
JT is Great though. Overall career cannot be overlooked. Wish he could have gotten out of MIA.

Back
Top Bottom