European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Bayern Munich are chasing Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez and Arsenal winger Alexander Hleb. (1342 BST, Munich newspaper TZ)

Bayern Munich have told Chelsea they will have to pay £31m to sign France midfielder Franck Ribery. (Daily Mail)

indifferent.gif
and
indifferent.gif

Why would we add Gomez to an already clear logjam upfront? And Ribery is way too important to sell!

ARSENAL have won the race for Cardiff star Aaron Ramsey.

Yes Sir, this kid has a bright future great signing.

Ok yeah I doubt we're going to sign is getting David Villa after today. Valencia is going to skyrocket the asking price for him, Arsene isn't going topay what they want anymore. Man...I've always watched him, but today, was just amazing. I would love to see him along with Adebayor up front.
eek.gif

Wenger is the cheapest mother F'er on the planet. This idiot has screwed up so many signings for Arsenal in the past. He had a chance to sign Ibrahimovicbefore Ajax discovered him, he discovered C. Ronaldo but didn't offer enough money...Watch him screw up the Nasri signing as well.

Wenger is the cheapest mother F'er on the planet. This idiot has screwed up so many signings for Arsenal in the past. He had a chance to sign Ibrahimovic before Ajax discovered him, he discovered C. Ronaldo but didn't offer enough money...Watch him screw up the Nasri signing as well.

Couldn't have summed up my frustration better...we had Yaya Toure on trial before as well, right?
mad.gif

Wenger is the cheapest mother F'er on the planet. This idiot has screwed up so many signings for Arsenal in the past. He had a chance to sign Ibrahimovic before Ajax discovered him, he discovered C. Ronaldo but didn't offer enough money...Watch him screw up the Nasri signing as well.

Word. I was almost surprised to see that he signed dude on that Nike commercial.

I agree 100 percent

[h1]Chelsea confirm Scolari as new manager[/h1]

Chelsea have confirmed Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager.
The Brazilian was one of the favourites to succeed Avram Grant in theStamford Bridge hotseat but the timing of his appointment has come as a huge surprise. Scolari is currently managing Portugal at Euro 2008 and was not expectedto make a decision about his future until after the tournament.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=545647&cc=3436Link

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Word. I was almost surprised to see that he signed dude on that Nike commercial.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Scolari as the new manager. I like that. I would like it even more if it means Quaresma is coming as well.

here is some rumors that i read

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Football39s-Done-Deals-40June-1241.4131812.jp

Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski, who scored two goals in Germany's opening Euro 2008 win, admits he may seek a move after the torunament withManchester City a possible destination.

David Villa is the most wanted striker in Europe with new Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari favourite to land the £25m Spaniard.

Newcastle are eyeing Rangers' 26-year-old Scotland international Allan McGregor, should Shay Given if join Arsenal.

AC Milan have held talks with the representatives of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Aston Villa will reluctantly allow England midfielder Gareth Barry to join Liverpool for around £14m.

Arsenal have told Barcelona they want £5m and Yaya Toure (brother of Kolo) in exchange for winger Alexander Hleb.

Arsenal look set to beat Manchester United to another transfer target with the Gunners favourites to land Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Chelsea want to offload £7m flop Khalid Boulahrouz to Marseille.

Chelsea are facing a £10m tug-of-war with old boss Jose Mourinho - now manager at Inter Milan - for Barcelona's Portugal midfielder Deco.

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he will quit Manchester United within a year to realise his dream of becoming a Real Madrid player.

Liverpool have opened negotiations with Roma over the possible £5m sale of attacking left-back John Arne Riise.

Barcelona are to join Real Madrid in the race to sign the Manchester United ace, with Sandro Rosell using a pledge to sign the winger as his main weapon to bevoted the next president at the Nou Camp.

Arsenal have won the £5m race for Cardiff star Aaron Ramsey ahead of Manchester United and Everton, with boss Arsene Wenger proving influential for the17-year-old.

Portsmouth are lining up a triple raid on Chelsea with Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ben Sahar, who spent the end of the season on loan at SheffieldWednesday, in their sights.

Portsmouth are set to launch a £4m bid for Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira.

Manchester United are preparing a £15m bid for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz, so says The Sun.

Arsenal and Tottenham will do battle over Valencia striker David Villa, who has been made available for around £17m.

Manchester City will sign Brazilian pair Jo, who plays up front for CSKA Moscow, and Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho.

Anton Ferdinand is set to leave West Ham to join Tottenham in a £6m deal.

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

Arsenal have told Barcelona they want £5m and Yaya Toure (brother of Kolo) in exchange for winger Alexander Hleb.

Arsenal and Tottenham will do battle over Valencia striker David Villa, who has been made available for around £17m.

OH YES! If this Hleb for Yaya goes through, I will be super excited and if we get Villa
eek.gif
. I couldn't ask for better pickups. Don't %+@$ it up Arsene.
pimp.gif

I haven't been following the manager rumors, but the Scolari announcement really caught me by surprise...

Villa will definately make things really interesting in the premiership...

more news on barry

Villa reject improved £15m offer for Barry

Aston Villa on Thursday confirmed they have rejected an improved bid from Liverpool for captain Gareth Barry.

The Reds' improved offer, reportedly in the region of £15million, was turned down by the midlands club late last night.

A Villa spokesman said: 'The offer was a slight improvement on a previous bid but our position on the issue remains unchanged and Liverpool have beeninformed.'

Liverpool's pursuit of England midfielder Barry, 27, has created a rift between manager Rafael Benitez and Villa counterpart Martin O'Neill.

O'Neill was incensed that talks between the pair were leaked last month and has since made clear his determination to hold on to the club'slongest-serving player.

O'Neill and Villa owner Randy Lerner have attempted to convince Barry his future lies at the club he joined 11 years ago.

But the player has hinted he wants to play Champions League football, a dream Liverpool would be able to fulfil immediately.

Barry said earlier this month: 'You only have to look at the England squad to see the amount of players who get in the squad and start the games - themajority play in the Champions League.

'That's all about the decision that will have to be made by myself. Liverpool are in the Champions League and Villa are trying to push for that.That's all part of my decision if a bid gets accepted.

'Just to think about it makes it a tough decision. There's so much to lose at Aston Villa. I've been there for 10 years, got a good rapport withthe fans, I'm captain [and have a] great relationship with the manager.'

Barry must now wait to see if Liverpool return with yet another bid or whether Benitez opts to look elsewhere.

It is believed previous offers for the midfielder included a cash-plus-player deal and this could still be the key to landing Barry.

Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson spent the whole of last season on loan at Villa Park and O'Neill is believed to want to make the move permanent.

Benitez is willing to sell, but again the two are at loggerheads over the valuation of the

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

OH YES! If this Hleb for Yaya goes through, I will be super excited and if we get Villa
eek.gif
. I couldn't ask for better pickups. Don't %+@$ it up Arsene.
pimp.gif

5 mill+Yaya Toure for my least favorite Arsenal player (besides Cygan of course)? sounds almost too good...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by giantsytigers

no way cr7 leaves united
I'm hoping not as well, but it looks ever-so-likely...

Scolari's 'advice' for Ronny to Madrid makes a lot of sense now...
mad.gif

Seems like nothing new has come out in the past week or so. The latest news is its almost confirmed that Deco is signing with Chelsea.

-----------------------

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has played down speculation he is headed for the Stamford Bridge exit door. "I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010,so I am still a Chelsea player," the striker told skysports.com.

Reports in Italy have claim new Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has identified Arsenal forward Robin van Persie as one of his summer targets(Corriere dello Sport, 1442 BST)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is expected to tie up a £13m deal for long-time target Samir Nasri, the Marseille midfielder, after Euro 2008. Ivory Coastinternational Gervinho also claims the Gunners have made inquiries to Le Mans about his availability. (PA Sport, 0635 BST)

Real Madrid star Robinho is the shock new name at the top of new Chelsea boss Phil Scolari's shopping list. (Daily Star)

Chelsea are aiming to take advantage of a cash crisis at AC Milan by luring Brazilian midfielder Kaka from the San Siro. (Daily Mail)

Frank Lampard has edged nearer the Stamford Bridge exit door with Portugal playmaker Deco set to arrive for £15m from Barcelona. (DailyMirror)

Chelsea will battle with Manchester City to capture Brazil star Ronaldinho, who Scolari managed at the 2002 World Cup. (Sun)

Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o is another possible target for Scolari, although they could face a battle with AC Milan. (DailyTelegraph).

Real Madrid plan to outflank Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United by lodging a world-record £75m bid directly to the Glazer family in theirlatest attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. (Daily Express)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to go back to Tottenham with a £25m bid for striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Sun)

Barcelona have agreed to sell Italy winger Gianluca Zambrotta to AC Milan. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United are hoping to sign Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos. (Times)

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso's expected move to Juventus is likely to go ahead now a fee of £14m has been settled. (Daily Telegraph).

Van Persie better not go. Even though he hasn't played that well lately, I still want him apart of Arsenal. I know he'll get better and get back to hisold self.

What's good with Mourinho trying to sign everyone?
laugh.gif

more and more rumors everyday.... im beginning to learn the old "i'll beleive when i see it" saying.

I dont want to see Ronaldo leave, but it does seem inevetible. He will be missed, but he wont break this team, If we could sign Ramos, that would be a greatsinging for a RB. I love his attacking style (even though he has trouble recovering on D sometimes).
laugh.gif
at Scolarri's words for Ronaldo to leave just soChelsea will have a better chance againsst United.

I can't see Deco in a Chelsea uniform.

Back
Top Bottom