European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The Ronaldinho to Man City rumor has been alive for a couple of weeks now. The condition is that Ronaldinho wants over 300,000 British pounds a week which I believe would make him the highest paid player in the game.

Adebeyor isn't gone just yet, expect Arsenal to jack up the asking price to the point where AC Milan will have to look elsewhere to fill their void upfront.

Yeah I am not counting Adebayor as a Milan striker yet...I do believe Arsenal will jack the price up big time, they do NOT want to let him go. Me nither.
ohwell.gif

Altidore
pimp.gif
son is going to be a beast...Bradley should put him up topinstead of Eddie Johnson, i cant stand that lazy mofo

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has agreed a deal to move to AC Milan but the asking price from the Gunners could prevent any switch. (Gazzetta dello Sport, 1335 BST)
frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I hope they essentially block it by making the transfer fee too high.

As for Arsenal, I'm sure you've all seen these, but heres some official pictures of the new Arsenal kit.
arsenal_2008_2009_home_nike_kit_leaked.jpg

I kind of like them but, ehhhhh I would have liked to see more white on the sleeves. The away kit is yellow with navy stripes similar to this one. I won'tmind picking up the white away shirt for cheap now.

Yeah the pictures of the new kits have been out for a little while now. I will be getting all 3 of them, as I did this season. I love all 3 of them, veryclassy, especially the home.

yeah more white on the sleeves would be nice, but I like the deeper red...

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

does arsenal change kits every year.... those look ugly

The kinda do and don't. From 05/06 and 06/07, they changed sponsor. From O2 on the front to Fly Emirates in 06/07. 05/06 they had burgandy and goldjerseys with O2 and yellow away with O2 on it as well. That was for their final season at Highbury. Starting in 06/07 season they started with red/white sleevewhich they kept for this past season as well just the canon on the back changed. 06/07's had the canon on the red part, and on the 07/08 version the canonwas on the white collar, only on the Champions League home shirts, EPL remained the same. As for their away from 06/07 changed from yellow to white this seasonfor 07/08. They changed the away and international kit to show respect to Herbert Chapman, Arsenals manager from 1925-1934. And they had their 3rdInternational kit that they wore when their away jersey clashed with away team. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The Ronaldinho to Man City rumor has been alive for a couple of weeks now. The condition is that Ronaldinho wants over 300,000 British pounds a week which I believe would make him the highest paid player in the game.

eek.gif

For an even more detailed look at every arsenal kit go here: http://the-cannon.com/kits/
I think every EPL team switches every 2 years or so, with some shirts only lasting 1 year(last years united shirt, the highbury arsenal shirt, etc.)

So far this year we've seen Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Fulham, Portsmouth
and we'll be seeing these soon:

June 2008
West Ham 08/09 Home - Umbro
Fulham Home 08/09 - Nike
Birmingham Home 08/09 - Umbro

July 2008 Sunderland 08/09 Away - Umbro
Wigan 08/09 Home - Champion
Spurs 08/09 Away - Puma
Barcelona 08/09 Home - Nike
Barcelona 08/09 Away- Nike
Arsenal 08/09 Home - Nike
Celtic 08/09 Away- Nike
Reading 08/09 Home - Puma
Chelsea 08/09 Away - Adidas
Liverpool 08/09 Away - Adidas
Portsmouth 08/09 Home - Canterbury
Manchester United 08/09 Away - Nike
Bolton 08/09 Home - Reebok
Arsenal 08/09 Away - Nike
Manchester City 08/09 Home - Le Coq Sportif
Newcastle United 08/09 Away - Adidas

August 2008

Aston Villa 08/09 Home - Nike
Fulham 08/09 Away - Nike
Chelsea 08/09 Third (Euro) - Adidas
Manchester City 08/09 Away - Le Coq Sportif
Liverpool 08/09 Third (Euro) - Adidas
Celtic 08/09 Home - Nike
Reading 08/09 Away - Puma
Wigan 08/09 Away - Champion
Bolton 08/09 Away - Reebok
Newcastle 08/09 Third - Adidas
Aston Villa 08/09 Away - Nike

September 2008

Portsmouth 08/09 Third - Canterbury
Fulham 08/09 Third - Nike
Manchester United 08/09 Third (Euro) - Nike
Manchester City 08/09 Third - Le Coq Sportif

any Hull City Tiger fans in the house? anybody know if they will have a new home kit? I know they have a new away kit...

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has agreed a deal to move to AC Milan but the asking price from the Gunners could prevent any switch. (Gazzetta dello Sport,1335 BST)

Oh man, I hope this doesn't go through

smh.gif
laugh.gif
ADIOS RONALDO

GIMME MY MONEY AND LETS GO SHOPPING. Lets go on a spree in Lyon, Porto and Lisbon fellas
smokin.gif

-
mad.gif
@ Adebayor for saying that all the transfer rumors were"rubbish" just 2 weeks ago and then turning around and negotiating with Milan...i'm pretty sure even Nicolas Anelka has told Emanuel not to makethe same mistake that he did...
-I'm pumped for Samir Nasri and possibly Ben Arfa
pimp.gif

-I doubt Wenger will want to buy David Villa for such a cost even though 17 mill is pretty cheap for such an established striker...but then again if we partways with Adebayor then who knows
-We need Yaya Toure
-Lastly THANK GOD HLEB IS GONE
pimp.gif

i wanted ronaldo to leave...dude needs a new challenge....and we can get benzema, huntelaar, moutinho in return.

Originally Posted by Kwelity87

Does anyone know if Carlos Vela is coming back to Arsenal off of loan?

Yes. 100% certain about. Unfortunately for him, he is now officially on Arsenal
sick.gif

Sport is claiming that a Daniel Alves to Barcelona deal is imminent. 32 Million + 3.

Back
Top Bottom