European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

i wont get my hopes up...but sky sports are reporting that spurs are close to signing dos santos
pimp.gif

Barcelona sign Keita and Pique.

Alves iterates Barcelona signing.

Real Madrid offer starting XI for CRonlado.

the actual rumor was that the club said "name your price" and United responded with that ridiculous 50+Robi+Diarra+Ramos.

Marca loves the summer time.

Not much news in the past 2 days.

Courtesy of BBC...

Cristiano Ronaldo could make a definitive step in forcing his exit from Manchester United by putting himself on the transfer list. (Spanish sportspaper Marca, 0815 BST)

Jose Mourinho will raid his former club Chelsea to sign Frank Lampard, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba when he is confirmed as InterMilan boss. (The Sun, The Independent)

Chelsea's England wide-man Shaun Wright-Phillips is a £10m target for Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp. (The Sun)

Arsenal have sealed the signing of midfielder Samir Nasri from Marseille for £12.5m. (Daily Telegraph)

Tottenham are on the verge of signing Sevilla winger Diego Capel after agreeing to match an £11.5m buy-out clause. (DailyMail)
Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso is on the verge of joining Juventus for £16m. (Various)

Barcelona are ready to move for Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb. (Various)

Wow...Inter will have some great pickups if those go through. I can imagine Drogba playing in Serie A, diving is what Italians do best
laugh.gif

It will definetely be interesting to see Hleb go over to Barca, will he be playing in Yaya Toure's spot? Cause he was saying he wants to go and join Koloat Arsenal
glasses.gif

Yaya Toure was one of Barcelona's best players last year (argueably the best, Messi being the other.) I fully expect him to stay there next season.

Toure is more of a DM whereas Hleb's ideal place is CM.

btw, Didnt Arsenal turn down Yaya after trials? lol

David Trezeguet's agent, Antonio Caliendo, has revealed that Barcelona have contacted him to try and sign the Juventus striker. "Barca are interestedin David," he said. "They have been for years." (1110, L'Equipe)

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti is now to favourite to land the £6m-a-year manager's job but Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon wants tointerview several candidates, with Blackburn boss Mark Hughes also a front runner. (Daily Express)

Tottenham have agreed a £12m deal for Barcelona's Mexican 19-year-old wonderkid Giovanni Dos Santos. (The Sun)

And Man City midfield playmaker Michael Johnson, 20, is a shock £8m target for Everton. (The Sun)

"Chelsea will offer up to £50million in an audacious bid to sign Liverpool striker Fernando Torres. Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich is ready tosmash the world transfer record to land the 24-year-old Spaniard"

Yuk, would hate to see my favorite non Arsenal player, playing for Chelsea.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Yuk, would hate to see my favorite non Arsenal player, playing for Chelsea.
Yuk, would hate to see my favorite non Arsenal United player, playing for Chelsea.

Premier League summer deals

ARSENAL

IN: None

OUT: Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan, free)

ASTON VILLA

OUT: Luke Moore (West Brom, £3m), Patrick Berger (Sparta Prague, free), Olof Mellberg (Juventus, free)

BLACKBURN

OUT: Peter Enckelman (released)

BOLTON

OUT: Ivan Campo (released), Stelios (released), Andranik Teymourian (released)

CHELSEA

IN: Jose Bosingwa (Porto, £16.5m)

OUT: None

EVERTON

OUT: Lee Carsley (Birmingham, free), Stefan Wessels (released)

FULHAM

IN: Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, free)

OUT: Brian McBride (released), Jari Litmanen (released), Carlos Bocanegra (released), Philippe Christanval (released), Simon Elliott (released), Ian Pearce(released), Bjorn Runstrom (released), Tony Warner (released)

HULL

LIVERPOOL

IN: Philipp Degen (Borussia Dortmund, free)

OUT: Harry Kewell (released)

MANCHESTER CITY

MANCHESTER UNITED

OUT: Gerard Pique (Barcelona, £5m), Tom Heaton (Cardiff, loan)

MIDDLESBROUGH

OUT: Mark Schwarzer (Fulham, free), Fabio Rochemback (Sporting Lisbon, free), Gaizka Mendieta (released), Dong @!@$ Lee (released)

NEWCASTLE

OUT: Peter Ramage (QPR, free), Stephen Carr (released)

PORTSMOUTH

STOKE

OUT: Dominic Matteo (released), Russell Hoult (released), Marlon Broomes (released)

SUNDERLAND

OUT: Andy Cole (released), Ian Harte (released), Stephen Wright (released), Stan Varga (released)

TOTTENHAM

IN: Luka Modric (Dinamo Zagreb, £15.8m)

WEST BROM

IN: Luke Moore (Aston Villa, £3m), Do-heon Kim (Seongnam Ilhwa Shunma, £550,000), Michal Danek (Viktoria Plzen, loan)

OUT: Luke Steele (Barnsley, free)

WEST HAM

WIGAN

OUT: Josip Skoko (released), Salomon Olembe (released)

I don't mind CR7 moving to Real Madrid, but I wonder what number he'll wear if ever. #23 perhaps?
laugh.gif

MANCHESTER UNITED

OUT: Gerard Pique (Barcelona, £5m)
decent money being made for a defender that rarely plays,but i was hoping he'd stick around for at least a couple more seasons...
with rumors of Silvestre leaving,United's looking really thin in defense...
frown.gif

yeah, but they're hoping Micah Richards will fill in the defensive voids... they need to lock-down Evra as well...

Jose Mourinho is close to being named the new boss of Inter Milan following the release of pictures of the Portuguese coach meeting with Interpresident Massimo Moratti in Paris on Friday. It is claimed that the meeting was held to discuss transfer targets, most notably a £25m bid for Barcelona'sCameroon striker Samuel Eto'o. (Gazetto dello Sport and agencies, 1055)

Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari claims Chelsea have made no contact with him over their managerial vacancy after being heavily linked with theclub. (PA Sport)

Chelsea are prepared to wait until after the European Championship to get their new manager. (Daily Express)

Carlo Ancelotti is emerging as a leading choice to be Chelsea manager - to help the club's bid to sign Brazilian superstar Kaka, who is valuedat around £50m. (Daily Star)

Savvy defensive midfielder Yaya Toure - younger brother of Kolo - could be joining Arsenal as part of the deal that takes AlexanderHleb to Barcelona. (Daily Star)

Cristiano Ronaldo's godfather, Fernao Sousa, has claimed that the Manchester United winger has already decided to move to Real Madrid - but willnot say so until after Euro 2008. (The Guardian, Daily Express)

But Ronaldo has given his present club a boost by talking of going on to establish himself as a genuine Old Trafford legend in the mould of David Beckham orGeorge Best. (Daily Mirror)
Patrice Evra is close to ending the uncertainty over his future at Manchester United after reaching an informal agreement over a new five-yearcontract. The French international full-back, 27, is in line to earn more than £60,000-a-week plus bonuses though manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still keen tosign defensive reinforcements. (The Times)

Arsenal's Croatia striker Eduardo Da Silva - who suffered a badly broken leg against Birmingham in February which was expected to sideline himuntil next year - expects to be back in August after positive treatment in Brazil. (Daily Mail)

And manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to be sacked early next week by owner Thaksin Shinawatra with a £1m pay-off. Becoming the new Mexico coach is aserious possibility for the Swede. (Various)

^Great info up there. I really hope Yaya Toure comes to Arsenal. Awesome to hear the quick recovery of Eduardo.
pimp.gif

Seems like everything went down hill for us once we lost Eduardo.
ohwell.gif

According to reports...
Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has confirmed he will make an announcement on his future plans in the next "two to three days".

Ronaldo has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid in recent weeks although United are determined to hold on to their prize asset and have even threatened to report the Spanish champions to FIFA over what they claim are attempts to unsettle him.

The 23-year-old is hoping an announcement will end the speculation.

Speaking after Portugal's 2-0 win over Georgia, Ronaldo told A Bola: "Let's see, I hope there will be news soon. In two to three days I will announce my decision."

If he decides his future lies away from Old Trafford, Ronaldo would have a fight on his hands to secure a transfer to the Bernabeu.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Sunday claimed the Glazer family, the club's owners, would rather keep the player even if a hypothetical situation arose where he refused to play for the Red Devils.

The Scot said: "I've had a couple of meetings with the Glazers.

"Their attitude is, 'to hell with them'. They'd sit a player in the stand, I'm telling you, absolutely no doubt about it, just to prove a point. Not to give in to these people.

"They've got balls, I can tell you. I've been delighted with them in that respect."

The Glazers took over United in an £800million deal in the summer of 2005. Their arrival caused huge ructions among fans due to the debt they placed on the club.

Ferguson, however, has been delighted with the support of the Americans since their regime began.

"They've been good to this club, believe me," he added. "They have been brilliant owners."

Just read that on Goal.com

I think the kid is good as gone, gimme my 90 million euros and lets close this long chapter. Raid Portugal again for Veloso, and either Moutinho or Quaresmaand swoop Benzema from Lyon and lets get %*%# in line for a threepeat. Lock up Tevez and Evra long term, and get them focused on the pitch rather than wherethey'll be playing tomorrow.

How easy it is to spend others money
frown.gif

SAF Make it happen
smokin.gif

eek.gif
FERGIE I LOVE YOU!! Great minds think alike
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

01/06/2008 19:34
[h1]Fergie Plots Benzema Swoop[/h1] [h2]Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing a £20 million bid for Lyon striker Karim Benzema as he looks to secure the youngster's signature before the start of Euro 2008.[/h2]

29443_news.jpg

galleria zoom

The likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been linked with the 20-year old, who is one of Europe's most promising youngsters after again impressing this campaign, firing twenty goals as Lyon claimed their seventh consecutive league title.

Ferguson, who has become increasingly frustrated with Louis Saha's injury problems this season, is now set to move for Benzema within the next week to avoid having to pay more should the youngster impress for France this summer.

If The Red Devils fail in their bid to land the player already dubbed a new Bleus legend in France, Ferguson has a shortlist of forward candidates which includes Tottenham Hotspur's majestic striker Dimitar Berbatov, Sevilla's Fabiano and West Ham United's Dean Ashton.

The 66-year old has been handed a hefty transfer budget by the club's owner Malcolm Glazer, an amount that could be made all the larger should Cristiano Ronaldo opt to leave Old Trafford for Real Madrid within the next three days.

F it, offer 25 mil and get the +@%% done
glasses.gif

GET IT DONE FERGIE. Benzema would be a great signing....It's also great to hear Eduardo is having a speedy recovery, I honestly didnt think he'd everyplay again looking at those pictures...

Back
Top Bottom