European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

I loved Hleb man...but he started playing like an @+*, got so damn dirty and stopped doing what he did best, and that's set up Adebayor for goals. I'm not going to say I am going to miss him, because I really won't, and if Yaya comes, it'll make me forget completely about Hleb, until I wear my Hleb jersey somewhere
I didn't mind the guy too much, he was good at times. But we paid something like 12 million pounds for a guy that produced 11 goals and 14assists in 130 games at Arsenal. I'm not even sure why anyone wants him for what they're saying he might cost, unless they're hoping he'llproduce like he did at Stuttgart. I was so excited that he'd do something this season when he had 2 or 3 goals in the first 2 games, but then he justdidn't do anything else all season.

Here is my ideal starting XI for next season
Alumina
Sanga-Kolo-Gallas-Clichy
Nasri-Cesc-Yaya-Walcott(With some Rosicky when healthy)
Adebayor-Bendtner(Ideally Eduardo or Van P, but theres no way Robin is fit for even half the season)

He seems more comfortable and effective centrally in the hole, but he wasn't really playing a natural wing role for Arsenal either with the way theirformation works. He had plenty of shot opportunities, but opted to pass up on a lot of them and just wasn't aggressive enough.

I see. What about the Toure/Gallas partnership? do you guys feel that this is the way to go? I love Gallas, and Toure is a very good player but for somereason, the partnership isnt as good as I thought it'd be. Its as though they're too similiar, idk.

I think that is the problem, they're similar and throwing in a different partnership might create better results. However, I doubt Wenger is going to giveup on Gallas this season. Toure paired with a big powerful center back who can get in and be a force when defending set pieces would prolly be more suitable.

Tell me Madrid, HOW DOES IT TASTE? how The tables turn, bolas de *$@$
indifferent.gif

[h1]Madrid Furious About Robinho Outburst[/h1] [h2]Real Madrid are are furious about Robinho's outburst regarding his future at the club and will demand to know why he said he would listen to offers from Manchester United and Chelsea.[/h2]

24369_news.jpg

galleria zoom

The Brazilian made his declarations while on international duty this week in what was believed to be an attempt to push the Spanish club into putting a new contract on the table.

According to Robinho if he were to move to England then he could earn double his current €2m-a-year contract with Chelsea allegedly prepared to make that his basic wage.

After playing their own cat and mouse game through the media over Cristiano Ronaldo, the Madrid hierarchy are infuriated that one of their own is using the same method against them.

Robinho will be called to task in the next few days and asked to explain why he went public when the club have not received any offers of enquiries about his availability.

Madrid are also concerned about his strength and when he does return on July 14, it is believed that there will be a special exercise plan waiting for him.

Despite impressing in some games, Madrid believe that he is still too lightweight to handle the weekly rigours of playing in Spanish and European football.

A source told AS: "Robinho possesses incredible natural talent, but to take the hits that he receives from defences in Spain and Europe he needs two or three more kilos of muscle on his legs."

Ancelloti appointment dismissed by Chel$ki

[h1]Chelsea Rubbish Ancelotti Reports[/h1]
[h2]Chelsea Football Club have rushed to deny rumours that an agreement has been reached between the club and Carlo Ancelotti over the manager's position at Stamford Bridge.[/h2]

23786_news.jpg

galleria zoom

Earlier this afternoon, Sky Sports News had claimed that Carlo Ancelotti's agents had met with Roman Abramovich and his advisors, and thashed out a deal that would bring the Milan boss to Chelsea.

All that supposedly remained was a deal being struck between the two clubs.

However, the speculation seems to be some way from the mark, with Chelsea immediately and vehemently denying the reports.

Read a statement: "Contrary to reports Chelsea Football Club has not reached agreement with any individual to become manager, nor have we sought permission from any organisation to talk to their manager.

"We are extremely happy with how our search is progressing."

Frank Rijkaard, Luis Felipe Scolari and Roberto Mancini are the other foreigners in the fray, and this development once again puts Mark Hughes right back in it after it seemed he had completed his switch to Manchester City.

Neal Glew, Goal.com

Originally Posted by Lootpac

I loved Hleb man...but he started playing like an @+*, got so damn dirty and stopped doing what he did best, and that's set up Adebayor for goals. I'm not going to say I am going to miss him, because I really won't, and if Yaya comes, it'll make me forget completely about Hleb, until I wear my Hleb jersey somewhere
I didn't mind the guy too much, he was good at times. But we paid something like 12 million pounds for a guy that produced 11 goals and 14 assists in 130 games at Arsenal. I'm not even sure why anyone wants him for what they're saying he might cost, unless they're hoping he'll produce like he did at Stuttgart. I was so excited that he'd do something this season when he had 2 or 3 goals in the first 2 games, but then he just didn't do anything else all season.

Alumina
Sanga-Kolo-Gallas-Clichy
Adebayor-Bendtner(Ideally Eduardo or Van P, but theres no way Robin is fit for even half the season)

That is the exact starting XI I want to see. I hope Wenger decides to start Bendtner, I really love his play, he's always trying to score. He'salways very determined, Robin, idk if it's from his injury or what, but didn't seem like he wanted to score. He looked very lazy/tired. Bendtner andWalcott I think definetely earned starting line up positions. The midfield with Nasri, Cesc, Yaya, Walcott would just be crazy, tons of speed and skill rightthere, best part is, they're all young and can provide us with their skill for a long time (if they all stay long). Lastly, I hope Eduardo's recoveryis speedy and they expect him to be back by the start of the season, let's just hope he comes back playing how he did before he broke his foot.
smile.gif

Alumina
Sanga-Kolo-Gallas-Clichy
That midfield looks sexy. We need another striker that can start right away. Eduardo might never be 100% again and RvP has never gone 20 mins.without suffering an injury. He's quickly surpassing Owen and Saha as the Premiership's most talented sicknote. Bendtner showed promising signs thisseason but most of the time he played he was a non-factor. I think it's too early for him to start.

Eboue, Senderos, Bendtner, Rosisky, Denilson, Diaby, Djourou, Song would make for a decent bench.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Alumina
Sanga-Kolo-Gallas-Clichy
That midfield looks sexy. We need another striker that can start right away. Eduardo might never be 100% again and RvP has never gone 20 mins. without suffering an injury. He's quickly surpassing Owen and Saha as the Premiership's most talented sicknote. Bendtner showed promising signs this season but most of the time he played he was a non-factor. I think it's too early for him to start.

Eboue, Senderos, Bendtner, Rosisky, Denilson, Diaby, Djourou, Song would make for a decent bench.

That bench does looks beautiful to me. I think we could definetely put Bendtner as a starter, I wouldn't risk putting Eduardo as a starter till he sayshe is 100% and Robin has bever been the same since the injury.
ohwell.gif

Eboue needs to be sold to someone else, I really don't even want him part of the team anymore, lol. I think we could pick up a 16 year old that would playbetter than this fool.

I LOVE the new Mexico jersey. Especially the white one, it's so classy. I was debating on getting a white Marquez but the half sleeve %%$! bugs the hellout of me.
mad.gif

Old %%! Jared Borgetti and the other bitter old Mexican wash-ups are tripping. Eriksson will bring a much needed outside perspective on the Mexican nationalteam. I'm down this signing.

Originally Posted by rock4light

Old %%! Jared Borgetti and the other bitter old Mexican wash-ups are tripping. Eriksson will bring a much needed outside perspective on the Mexican national team. I'm down this signing.

Borgetto and other old bitter Mexican wash-ups are trippin because they know any other coach would not have called the up at all. Why the hell is Borgettistill wearing la verde?

^ I don't know. With so many players in Europe,and the the youth that we have- the future for La Verde is so promising.

Originally Posted by rock4light

^ I don't know. With so many players in Europe,and the the youth that we have- the future for La Verde is so promising.

Yes it is. Which is why I don't understand why Borgetti or Oswaldo got called up.

That midfield looks sexy. We need another striker that can start right away. Eduardo might never be 100% again and RvP has never gone 20 mins. without suffering an injury. He's quickly surpassing Owen and Saha as the Premiership's most talented sicknote. Bendtner showed promising signs this season but most of the time he played he was a non-factor. I think it's too early for him to start.
I totally agree, I just don't think that Wenger is gonna pony up any money for a quality striker, especially since the start now ones usuallyrun out of his price range and I doubt they'd break the rigid salary structure for someone new. I'd love to see us grab Benzema from Lyon to take the2nd spot, but I'd take the consolation prize of Ben Arfa from them too.

As for the other 2, I would love to see Robin have an amazing Euro and then we jettison him off to some team who's willing to pay well. But he's gonnaplay 2 matches and breakdown as usual. I don't think Eduardo will even be able to be a factor if he can even play next season. Hopefully he can get back toform because he was awesome in the few matches he featured in.

we might as well make an Arsenal thread..

lets get some Man U talk in here...

You think Benzema will get signed? I always wished we had him on Man U whenever I watched him at Lyon.

I'm crossing my fingers that Ronaldo stays...If he leaves, I'm cancelling my Setanta Sports subscription and buying the package so I can watch La Liga.Madrid will be my co-favorite team

Lots of pace in the back line and midfield with that lineup. Definitely need a second striker as someone mentioned to side with Adebayor.

Now as long as we don't get anymore injuries of long duration then maybe, just maybe...

For the record, I don't like Bendtner.

Tchau.

As I read these rumors everyday, I realize how full of crap the English media is...

Jose Mourinho has made Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole his top target after becoming the new manager at Inter Milan. (Daily Star)

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he will quit Manchester United within a year to realise his dream of becoming a Real Madrid player.(Various)
Arsenal and Tottenham will do battle over Valencia striker David Villa, who has been made available for around £17m. (Daily Telegraph)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has told Liverpool they will need to pay £8m, plus striker Peter Crouch in exchange for midfielderGareth Barry. (Daily Mirror)

Turkey midfielder Arda Turkan is a £7m target for Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid will open signing talks with Hibernian as they close in on 21-year-old striker Steven Fletcher. (Scottish Sun)

Mark Hughes as agreed a three-year contract worth £9m to take over as manager of Manchester City. (Various)

Rick Parry's position as Liverpool chief executive could be under threat after co-owner Tom Hicks approached Man City's Alistair Mackintosh abouttaking over at the Anfield club. (Various)

Arsene Wenger has said Arsenal can win "everything" next season. (Daily Express)

West Ham and former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg has launched a scathing attack on Wenger, accusing the Gunners boss of making him play whileinjured and likened his approach to that of the army. (Various)
Wayne Rooney has arrived in Ibiza for a four-day stag do with 16 friends and family and the Manchester United striker has hired a £20,000villa. Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea, Steven Gerrard and Peter Crouch are thought to be meeting the England star out there along with boxer Ricky Hatton.(Various)
A hotel in Manchester is sad to see Sven-Goran Eriksson leave Man City for Mexico after he racked up a £350,000 bill. The Swede had been staying in the£1,250 a night penthouse suite at the city centre hotel since September. (Daily Express)

----------------------

If Arsenal sign David Villa, I will cream myself (word to cacz0rz)

It's no surprise to me so see another person accuse Wenger of making his players play while injured. He did the same thing with Henry last season whenhe subbed him in during the PSV match even though Henry had a groin tear. He also brought RvP back too soon in February when he had that thighinjury.
smh.gif

Wayne Rooney has arrived in Ibiza for a four-day stag do with 16 friends and family and the Manchester United striker has hired a £20,000 villa. Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea, Steven Gerrard and Peter Crouch are thought to be meeting the England star out there along with boxer Ricky Hatton. (Various)

That got 'trouble' written all over it...
laugh.gif
Wasn't Riolargely responsible for a party that got outta hand earlier this season?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Wayne Rooney has arrived in Ibiza for a four-day stag do with 16 friends and family and the Manchester United striker has hired a £20,000 villa. Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea, Steven Gerrard and Peter Crouch are thought to be meeting the England star out there along with boxer Ricky Hatton. (Various)

That got 'trouble' written all over it...
laugh.gif
Wasn't Rio largely responsible for a party that got outta hand earlier this season?

Well Rooney, Ferdinand, Gerrard, and Crouch are going to have a lot of free time this June.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Arsenal and Tottenham will do battle over Valencia striker David Villa, who has been made available for around £17m. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal sign David Villa, I will cream myself (word to cacz0rz)

It's no surprise to me so see another person accuse Wenger of making his players play while injured. He did the same thing with Henry last season when he subbed him in during the PSV match even though Henry had a groin tear. He also brought RvP back too soon in February when he had that thigh injury.
smh.gif

Oh wow...I thought this deal was never going to happen, but I guess I was wrong, I sure would LOVE to see us sign David Villa.When rumors started about uspossibly signing him, I really got excited. I've always enjoyed watching him in Spain games and have only seen a select few Valencia games and he wasalways a factor in every game they played. He could definetely start with Adebayor instead of Bendtner and Robin until Da Silva comes back. C'monWenger!!!!!!

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he will quit Manchester United within a year to realise his dream of becoming a Real Madrid player. (Various)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has told Liverpool they will need to pay £8m, plus striker Peter Crouch in exchange for midfielder Gareth Barry. (Daily Mirror)

The first one makes me laugh
laugh.gif

But finally some love for liverpool, this is more an arsenal thread than a european soccer thread.
Im hopin for Barry.

Villareal and Barcelona confirm the transfer of Martin Caceres. Good signing. The 3 "easy" ones are out of the way (Pique, Keita, Caceres.) They NEEDAlves.

Back
Top Bottom