European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by Henri2310

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he will quit Manchester United within a year to realise his dream of becoming a Real Madrid player. (Various)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has told Liverpool they will need to pay £8m, plus striker Peter Crouch in exchange for midfielder Gareth Barry. (Daily Mirror)

The first one makes me laugh
laugh.gif

But finally some love for liverpool, this is more an arsenal thread than a european soccer thread.
Im hopin for Barry.
Barry would be an awesome addition to Liverpool, he'd do more than Crouch has ever done.
laugh.gif

sounds pretty quiet on the man utd front, would be nice if we could offload the walking injury saha, and get some like a benzema or berbatov....those robinhorumors are too much of a tease....robinho with ronny, nani, anderson and tevez would be just ridiculous

Originally Posted by Sullivan Baller

sounds pretty quiet on the man utd front, would be nice if we could offload the walking injury saha, and get some like a benzema or berbatov....those robinho rumors are too much of a tease....robinho with ronny, nani, anderson and tevez would be just ridiculous
Saha will be gone for sure. I think it was middlesbrough who said they wanted him

Yea Saha wont be around much longer, would love to see Benzema but i just dont see him coming over right now. And i want a definite answer from Ronaldo, allthis speculation is killin me

Arsenal and Tottenham will do battle over Valencia striker David Villa, who has been made available for around £17m. (Daily Telegraph)

I call ducktales on only 17 million.

sounds pretty quiet on the man utd front, would be nice if we could offload the walking injury saha, and get some like a benzema or berbatov....those robinho rumors are too much of a tease....robinho with ronny, nani, anderson and tevez would be just ridiculous

Saha and Ronaldo are going to be gone. Saha for sure, Ronaldo pretty sure.

Just now saw it on soccernet :

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Arsenal defender Sagna agrees 'long-term' deal

French defender Bacary Sagna has signed a new 'long-term' deal at Arsenal.
[/h1] [h1]
The 25-year-old joined the Gunners from French club Auxerre last summer and enjoyed a impressive first season at right-back, being named in the PFA Team of the Year.
[/h1] [h1]
Sagna, who has two caps for France, made 40 appearances in 2007/08 before his season was cut short by an ankle injury.
[/h1]

Well, I am very happy to hear this. He has played exceptional sofar, and I think he will only get better. Glad to hear he's going to stay with us for a while.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by CTk1ng

Villareal getting Altidore

Nice pick-up by Villareal, I think he'll have a better career than Adu.
I agree about 17 million Euros being too low for David Villa. Seems likethe English media is producing rumors again.

laugh.gif
@ greedy a.ss Man Utd. fans. You guys should start rebuilding, I dontthink that squad will hold up for much longer
nerd.gif

Man Utd are just getting prospects right now, we've basically got some guy from Cardiff but are loaning him back for a year and also two Braziliantwins who are meant to be really good- Fabio and Rafael Silva- I think we actually got them a while ago but they're only joining the teamnow.
Disappointed Hughes joined Man City- woulda like to see him at Man Utd.

[h1]Dos Santos: I Will Play For Tottenham Next Season[/h1][h2]Giovani Dos Santos has confirmed that he will be playing for Tottenham Hotspur next season and cited the fact that Juande Ramos being the coach as the mainreason.[/h2]
31124_news.jpg

The 19-year-old told reporters after a friendly between Argentina and Mexico that he had agreed to move to White Hart Lane and had turned down Manchester City.

Barcelona and Tottenham have agreed an initial fee of just €6m for the player that was considered to be one of the hottest prospects at Camp Nou just two years ago.

That figure may rise to €10m depending on clauses being activated in his contract, but the news will be a huge boost for the north London club and their summer rebuilding plans.

"Next season I will be playing for Tottenham," Dos Santos is quoted by Sport as stating, before he went on to claim that the main attraction was the chance to work under Ramos.

Barça are believed to have opted to off-load the youngster after his father and his agent, Pini Zahivi, regularly told the club that he would accept one of the many offers if he was not given a pay rise.

The club demanded that he improve his performances in order to earn that rise and made assurances that his pay would be related to how well he did on the first team.

With more and more clubs showing an interest, Dos Santos has now chosen to move to Tottenham after revealing that he did have a number of other options on the table.

Football exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo declares for Real Madrid'I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me andManchester United what they have been saying they will'

Duncan Castles
guardian.co.uk, Thursday June 5 2008 Article history

The Champions League final could have been Ronaldo's last game for Manchester United. Photograph: Dave Thompson/PA

Manchester United must face the real possibility that Cristiano Ronaldo has played his final match for the club after the Portuguese winger publicly declaredhis intention to join Real Madrid at the end of the European Championship.

Speaking from Portugal's training camp in the Swiss city of Neuchatel on Wednesday, Ronaldo made a keenly awaited statement on his future. The 23-year-oldstated that he wanted to leave Old Trafford to sign for the Spanish champions if they made good on their promises of world record transfer fees and wages.Spanish media reports have placed the value of a Madrid offer to United at €100m and the player's salary at £15m a year.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," saidRonaldo in an interview with the respected Brazilian website Terra. "However, it does not depend on me."

The issue of Ronaldo's future has been the dominant feature of Portugal's European Championship training camp, overshadowing the team'spreparations and seeing questions raised about the player's state of mind. Hoping to prevent inquests at national team press conferences and post-matchmixed zones, Ronaldo insisted that he would not speak about his choice of club again during the tournament.

"It is important to send a message," he said. "From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth askingme because I will not reply."

United have repeatedly stated that they will not allow Ronaldo to move this summer, but the club may now have to improve the five-year contract they agreedwith the forward in April 2007. Given the scale of Madrid's offer, the player can expect to comfortably exceed the net €10m that Michael Ballack receivesfrom Chelsea each year.

·Duncan Castles is a football writer for The Observer

·Real Madrid are an irresistible force, blogs Sid Lowe. Join the fray here

frown.gif

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has agreed a deal to move to AC Milan but the asking price from the Gunners could prevent any switch. (Gazzetta delloSport, 1335 BST)

Barcelona are to join Real Madrid in the race to sign Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo, with Sandro Rosell using a pledge to signthe winger as his main weapon to be voted the next president at the Nou Camp. (Various)

Real have again suggested that they are ready to abandon their attempts to sign Ronaldo as United do not want to sell him. (The Sun)
But the Spanish club are prepared to pay Ronaldo £300,000-a-week after tax in a £75m deal over five years to lure him to the Bernabeu. (DailyExpress)
Liverpool will unveil £7m-rated left-back Andrea Dossena as their second summer signing on Thursday. (Various)

Juventus have agreed terms with Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso but have to agree a fee with the Reds, who want £16m compared to the Italian club's £14.5moffer. (The Sun)
Chelsea midfielders Shaun Wright-Phillips and Steve Sidwell have put any thoughts of a move on hold until the Blues appoint a new manager. (TheSun)
Blues striker Didier Drogba is unlikely to join Inter Milan as new boss Jose Mourinho has not put any strikers on his transfer list for theclub. (Daily Mirror)
Alexander Hleb is close to joining Barcelona after Jose Mourinho's arrival as manager of Inter Milan scuppered his hopes of joining the San Sirooutfit. (Various)

Sporting Lisbon have put a £23.5m price tag on Portugal midfielder and Arsenal target Miguel Veloso. (The Sun)

Manchester City will sign Brazilian pair Jo, who plays up front for CSKA Moscow, and Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho. (Various)

You've got to be ++%%%#$% me!
alien.gif

He was just saying couple weeks back he cannot wait for next season to start, because he feels very good about their chances of winning EPL next year.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Adebayor deal is a surprising one...

also surprised to see Barca in, as well, for the Ronny Sweepstakes... no surprise that he has a desire to play for Madrid... but ultimately, it'll be downto ManUtd's (probable) astronomical asking price... if it even goes that far...

Wait I just read the last thing Carlos Tevez posted, so is Ronaldinho going to Man City? It says the source is (various), if he really does
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Wait I just read the last thing Carlos Tevez posted, so is Ronaldinho going to Man City? It says the source is (various), if he really does
eek.gif

i know. thats pretty surprising. and man city of all places? but it looks like tottenham is trying to make a real splash...

this ronaldo sweepstakes is gunna get messy.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

goodbye adebayor
happy.gif

The Ronaldinho to Man City rumor has been alive for a couple of weeks now. The condition is that Ronaldinho wants over 300,000 British pounds a week which Ibelieve would make him the highest paid player in the game.

Adebeyor isn't gone just yet, expect Arsenal to jack up the asking price to the point where AC Milan will have to look elsewhere to fill their voidupfront.

Back
Top Bottom