EVENT - An Evening With Jordan Brand's Gentry Humphrey - April 16th - Harlem NYC

apparently this JB event was pathetic.
tired.gif

No disrespect to the kid but HOV wouldn't do anything about it if he went............

keep getting that $$$$$ aye

man......ain't nothing going to change at JB....airing him out probably would have been good for laughs but inevitably it wouldn't have done a damnthing but ensure that gentry knows he has our attention, that's all that matters. i guess this just means i must stock up on the NIKE retros before thoseget exploited as well...

Originally Posted by nbloomaz

I think when gentry mentions the whole "preserving it for collectors" garbage he is referring to himself as the biggest jordan collector as shown in that sole mag spread of his closet full of Js...he's preserving his own collection and gloating about it by not giving us what we want. He purposely doesn't put nike air on the shoes although he knows very well how much we want them. And he knows well how many sneaker heads do not like what he is doing--or else he would not have screened the questions. What ever happened to customers first? But then he proceeds to allow JB to churn out way more fusions than anything else with nike air on them! SMH
There it is.

pssh basically....will knows, as soon as i heard what duke had to say i was ghost...da hell imma kiss up to some dude who's basically not gonna give mewhat i want....
grin.gif

seems like this was a pure joke, next time around people just need to boycott the event.

I think when gentry mentions the whole "preserving it for collectors" garbage he is referring to himself as the biggest jordan collector as shown in that sole mag spread of his closet full of Js...he's preserving his own collection and gloating about it by not giving us what we want.

He says they won't Retro the II unless they can do it right. Then they Retro it and do it WRONG.
He says he wants to protect collectors, but then JB decide to turn out another XX3 colorway which is pretty similar to the Titaniums
He says Nike Air is possible on future Retros, but then JB do a backpedal, but put Nike Air on the Fusion.
The XV Retro was a flop, the OG colorway is still on Flight Club months later and the LS colorway is considered little more than a punchline.
Meanwhile they make us wait 8 years for an OG colorway of the VI.

Gentry has contradicted himself so often at this point, and has been associated with so many poor decisions that i'm starting to wonder how much influencehe actually has
and if he is even playing with the full deck.

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

smh @ those issers kissing up to gentry
^^I'd kiss up to if I had my pick of Jordans and gear. In addition to first (and extensive) looks, I'm sure those cats are getting free (ordiscounted) gear.

I think when gentry mentions the whole "preserving it for collectors" garbage he is referring to himself as the biggest jordan collector as shown in that sole mag spread of his closet full of Js...he's preserving his own collection and gloating about it by not giving us what we want. He purposely doesn't put nike air on the shoes although he knows very well how much we want them. And he knows well how many sneaker heads do not like what he is doing--or else he would not have screened the questions. What ever happened to customers first? But then he proceeds to allow JB to churn out way more fusions than anything else with nike air on them! SMH

EXACTLY. did you notice in the video from australia he mentioned his own titaniums he had on. he talks about the chase when he doesn't have to chaseafter anything. it burns me up that i missed out on the titaniums. i did my research and chased after those shoes for at least a month and came up short. iwonder how he would feel if he had to go through that crap. it's no fun and isn't necessary to put loyal consumers through that nonsense. i have norespect for the decision making with this company. i wish i could give him a piece of my mind.

that pic of them cats surroundin him like he was MJ himself was so pathetic. it literally made me smh.cats was cheezin like they heard they was about to getdome from a breezy
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by sdnrock302

I said it before but they deleted my post. Gentry is the Isiah Thomas of Jordan brand. I really cant understand why anyone would want this dudes autograph...
They just don't get it. Gentry said "We listen to focus groups, feed back from the consumer". They need to start reading NIKETALK.
Gentry if your listening... Be like George Costanza, from now on do the opposite of every instinct you have!

co-sign...no credit approval needed!!!

a6e152e7e5e3c5a18d6ac374df8603fe52fd0e4.pjpg

stop messing with my kicks gentry....give the people what they want!!!

Originally Posted by sdnrock302

I said it before but they deleted my post. Gentry is the Isiah Thomas of Jordan brand. I really cant understand why anyone would want this dudes autograph...
They just don't get it. Gentry said "We listen to focus groups, feed back from the consumer". They need to start reading NIKETALK.
Gentry if your listening... Be like George Costanza, from now on do the opposite of every instinct you have!

co-sign...no credit approval needed!!!

and your point is???????????????? we MAKE jordan brand. we PAY gentry'ssalary. the least they/he can do is give us what we want.

Originally Posted by odiggidy

and your point is???????????????? we MAKE jordan brand. we PAY gentry's salary. the least they/he can do is give us what we want.
HE ARRIVED THERE LATE AT ABOUT 7:20-7:25 PM AND BY 8PM HE HAD TO LEAVE .HOW MUCH COULD HE POSSIBLY DO IN 35 MINUTES! THATS RIGHT U PAY GENTRY'SSALARY BUT WHAT ABOUT OTHER SHOE COMPANIES WHEN THEY HAVE EVENTS THEY HAND OUT POSTERS, HEADBANDS, T-SHIRTS BUT NOT $230 DOLLA SNEAKERS AND $100 DOLLABASKETBALLS

Back
Top Bottom