EVENT - An Evening With Jordan Brand's Gentry Humphrey - April 16th - Harlem NYC

na it's all good HOVkid...if YOU couldn't make it, then I know it had to be important in order for you to miss it..
ohwell.gif

yo HOV, you didnt miss much man. gentry gave out a few things: some basketballs, a pair of titanium XX3s size 8.5 to some 8/9 year old kid, and a size11 to some guy who answered a trivia question "what was MJ's first car"

mostly talked about himself, and some inspirational stuff

nothing special. however, we did see a slide of the white/black-royal blue XX3s, (check the thread).

and for anyone wondering i was the one wearing the white champion with white/red og XIIs, lol

Like I said before, Gentry knows how we feel about him and he wouldnt put himself in the position to choke on his own words.

Originally Posted by yungpyro07

Like I said before, Gentry knows how we feel about him and he wouldnt put himself in the position to choke on his own words.

Yeah, but one can only wish.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by yungmoney33

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

roll.gif
@ the gifs.

death threats against HOV maybe??
I totally deserve them. Like I said, if I am not welcome to post anymore I understand. I totally thought I would be able to go as this deal isn't closing until Friday.

Issues came up and the client wanted me on calls. Job before Jordan's guys.

I really am sorry. If it's any consolation, I feel like a complete +!! and deserve all the hate I get.

lol i was talkin bout JB makin threats on u to keep u from puttin them on blast, not Niketalk. its all good fam dont trip, dont think u need to get bannedor nuttin like u sayin. U gotta eat and make yo money. at the of the day they're jus shoes

if it was in LA i would be there - a 14 year old kid teaching a 40 year old on how to make shoes

was there an open floor for questions?
any new info on releases or anything?
dont tell me yall got in there an froze up

he had everyone write down their questions on a piece of paper pass them up and then they were selected by his guys.
he gave out some basketballs (i got one, i was one of the ppl on stage) and shoes.
signed stuff afterwards
313571926.jpg
313571925.jpg
313571924.jpg
313571923.jpg
313571922.jpg

there was no bashing done

^ Sole Supreme gettin his AJ 1's signed

Much Respect on the Rakim poster

Edit

Post #2000 - someone get me off of here

What did he say about those White/Red XX3's? I see that he's holding them...

Originally Posted by KING RAZ46

RetroSniper wrote:
bodyfullapolo wrote:
What's gonna happen is:

They're gonna screen the questions so nobody can ask him the tough stuff.
CO-SIGN!!! Those are the type of tactics I was trying to bring up in my thread about Gentry and others being like politicians...but everybody started attacking my avatar so the discussion got derailed before it gained any steam...
eyes.gif

But if everyone doesn't sellout and be all smiles and stick to their guns about the real questions they can't deny them.If everyone in the building bands together and airs him out he has no other choice but to man up and say why these things are coming out. PLZ NT REPRESENT!!!!! DON'T SELL OUT AND BE A CONTRADICTION!!! But i can almost guarantee some ppl are gonna sell out and worship him and act in awe in his presence. This is your chance to not whine on a blog and actually complain to someone who can do something about it. I would go but I feel as if i don't have enough knowledge of the game so I will sit out and let you NT pros do the work. Plus I feel there's going to be controversy over the distribution of the tickets. HOH= house of resellers.
mad.gif

Didn't i call it. I knew this was gonna happen. It looked like he could've been asked some tough questions when he was signing the shoe no matterif the questions during the session were screened. But by the pics I can see everyone in da house was suckin butt. Seemed like everyone in the pics are smiling not 1 serious face. SO MUCH FOR LOVE OF THE BRAND. NO BOOOOOS??? NO NOTHING????? I love NT for theeducation it provides but those of you NTers that were there and just smiled are pretty weak. IMO This is why nothing gets done. To HOV b-ez you know what yourpriorities are get dat paper.

EWWW I hate gentry! He is rockin those nasty AJF 12's!!!! god damn how stupid. I hate JB now all I like is retros and now they r doing them bogus andfocusing on the AJF and other BS shoes. screw them.

the floor was not open, u wrote down your question(s) on a piece of paper and handed it up, than they chose which were read aloud

Originally Posted by screech5511

na im not asian

shout out to the fall soldier campoutkid

haha, i figured that out when i found out you were sitting in front of me.

and to answer moundraised's question, there was not really anything about new releases or anything like that...it was gentry's story and then like 2questions answered
eyes.gif

I said it before but they deleted my post. Gentry is the Isiah Thomas of Jordan brand. I really cant understand why anyone would want this dudes autograph...
They just don't get it. Gentry said "We listen to focus groups, feed back from the consumer". They need to start reading NIKETALK.
Gentry if your listening... Be like George Costanza, from now on do the opposite of every instinct you have!

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Alright guys, I have been getting creamed at work today and I am not going to be able to make the event tonight. I am truly sorry to all of you for getting your hopes up. Trust that mine were up as well.

I will never say another bad word about Jordan Brand as a result. You can all call me a complete flake. My job is just too much sometimes.

If my NT account should be suspended as well I'll accept the consequenses.

Thank you HoVKid. It is this post that has fulfilled my epiphany and I now must meet me you
roll.gif

No, but seriously this event has put things in proper perspective and accept Gentry has a sneaker head
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom