EVENT - An Evening With Jordan Brand's Gentry Humphrey - April 16th - Harlem NYC

Originally Posted by jman23s

HOVKid wrote:

yungmoney33 wrote:

Joe Billionaire wrote:

roll.gif
@ the gifs.

LMMFAO @ whoredans!!
laugh.gif

death threats against HOV maybe??

I totally deserve them. Like I said, if I am not welcome to post anymore I understand. I totally thought I would be able to go as this deal
isn't closing until Friday.

Issues came up and the client wanted me on calls. Job before Jordan's guys.

I really am sorry. If it's any consolation, I feel like a complete +!! and deserve all the hate I get.

yea dude dont sweat it a job def. comes before whoredans lighten up

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I will never say another bad word about Jordan Brand as a result.

Gentry screened his questions. For that reason alone you gotta beast. The game needs you.
laugh.gif

he had everyone write down their questions on a piece of paper pass them up and then they were selected by his guys.
WEAK.

Not surprised. I don't think anyone from JB has enough guts to stand up to a real person asking a real question.

Bottom line, they decided in 97 to milk the Jordan legacy for all they could, created Jordan Brand to do it, and they do not care about preserving any historyor memories for the people.

Good thing I grew up in the golden years when the Air Jordan was the greatest shoe in the world. Now, they aren't even the greatest retro.

Thats disappointing that it was not informative and that people kissed up to the Brand instead of voicing real opinions. Things only get changed when groups ofpeople speak to those highest up usually, I also don't know why anyone would want his signature on anything, especially a pair of AJ1s that he hasmassacred.

If Hov went he still would've got the don't tase me bro treatment like I originally stated

LOL at writing questions on a sheet of paper like yall weren't in the same room

Hold on people actually wanted their stuff signed by this bamma? Wowwwwwwww.
But it seems like just what I imagined. people getting excited to finally tell him how they feel, and then him persuading them to believe he's going to"keep it real for the collectors", and then a long line to get stuff signed by him.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

he had everyone write down their questions on a piece of paper pass them up and then they were selected by his guys.
WEAK.

Not surprised. I don't think anyone from JB has enough guts to stand up to a real person asking a real question.

Bottom line, they decided in 97 to milk the Jordan legacy for all they could, created Jordan Brand to do it, and they do not care about preserving any history or memories for the people.

Good thing I grew up in the golden years when the Air Jordan was the greatest shoe in the world. Now, they aren't even the greatest retro.
CO SIGN

Did anybody ask about the quickstrikes to be released this year? Why treat this guy like a celeb and ask for autographs?

313571922.jpg

Why would anyone want this man to sign a pair of Jordans? He doesn't design or create them, he just butchers. It's like asking Yoko Ono to sign aBeetles album.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^ Sole Supreme gettin his AJ 1's signed

Much Respect on the Rakim poster

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeellllll Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Those were not my OG I's,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, plus I would only get my shoes signed either by the playerthat they were made for, the designer that made them and/or by the player that wore them.

I was expecting more of this event, I dont know what, but something.

G, talked mainly about his career, how he made it to where he is, I've heard him talk about that at many other events via youtube video's and etc....

But, I went there more amped to ask G some questions, I even wrote them out before getting there, typed them up, so he could definitely read my handwriting.When it came time to close to the end of the event, he opened the floor to questions, which you were only to ask by writing them on a piece of paper. Two guyswent around collecting them, read them together, screened out what G would've asked them to screen out, and passed the weak questions that G was asked onstage by another guy. The questions basically were about, Nike-Air, whats Jordans fav color etc....I'm seriously
eyes.gif
that I didn't get a opportunity to ask him the questions which I've beenwanting to..

G, also had the Jordan Olympian with him, I didn't get a chance to see them in person, but from a distance they looked like the fakest shoe that I'veever seen, far worse than a Dub-Zero....

And Screech, lemme see a close-up of your Black/Gold I's that you were stunting'....you left me in quite a curious mind.....

But, I will forgive Gentry for the whole event, because he kinda made my day right when we were about to leave...

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

maze from kix and da city is alot taller then i thought (shouts to u sir) we small talked about da event in da house of hoops store and ironicly touched upon how "da only thing thats gonna be said is if NIKE air is coming back on jordans"
Shouts to you as well homey. I didnt know that I came across short on KATC!
laugh.gif

Nice seeing some other familiar faces there as well.

Stay up ya'll.

Peace

MaZe

Gentry is such a Coward for screening the questions!
Glad I didnt waste my time with yet another disappointment via Jordan Brand.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

WEAK.

Bottom line, they decided in 97 to milk the Jordan legacy for all they could, created Jordan Brand to do it, and they do not care about preserving any history or memories for the people.

Well said, Burns....

Puneet, did you get a pair of Titaniums!?

what in the hell is XXX of 529, so you sayin that those XX3s are limited?
mad.gif

I knew this was gonna fail. Hold ya head up Hov, there will be a next time to air this %@*#! out, so dont worry.

oh well, JB:1 NT:0
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Irokwel23

solesupreme whats up with that tag XXX of 529? did you get a pair of titaniums? please explain. THanks

obviously
If my lil man was there, i could have been that lucky

HOVkid, it's all good. You're still good in my book. We all have things we have to take care of.

damn im glad i didnt miss anything i think i would still have asked him the questions even if you did have to write them down

smh @ those issers kissing up to gentry
no doubt...that board & magazine has become the %!*+# of JB...no objective journalism there at all...

I can't believe all you @+% kissers didn't say anything to him...only thing I would have had him sign is a pair of fakes because that is the onlylegacy he has actually helped grow since he began his reign of terror...

could have asked him why the gimmicks of packs, why the ugly LS colors that are STILL sitting on clearance, and why the terrible planning and execution ofFlight club....so many questions that this douche should have to answer to if he truly wants to keep using this lame "preserving it for collectors"garbage....

This guy is a loser and he is reflecting poorly on MJ who now is starting to look like one as well to me and many others who grew up idolizing him...
(*see pic of MJ high as a kite)

this is so stupid no one took one for the team ? god forbid. man if i was there i woulda said you killed jordan brand #$$ you gentry #$$ your colorways #$$quality and #$$ no nike air. then i woulda got kicked out. but who cares. yall dukes is soft real talk.

and look at solesupreme self. kissin up like always duke is just a ritch kid gettin more ritch.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I think when gentry mentions the whole "preserving it for collectors" garbage he is referring to himself as the biggest jordan collector as shown inthat sole mag spread of his closet full of Js...he's preserving his own collection and gloating about it by not giving us what we want. He purposelydoesn't put nike air on the shoes although he knows very well how much we want them. And he knows well how many sneaker heads do not like what he isdoing--or else he would not have screened the questions. What ever happened to customers first? But then he proceeds to allow JB to churn out way more fusionsthan anything else with nike air on them! SMH

Back
Top Bottom