"Exhibit A" might be the best rap song in the last 10 years.

...uh...

The worst thing is that he thinks hes so deep...when hes not...it SOUNDS great...but hes not that profound. And I'm not going to list other artists to make a comparison either...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

...uh...

The worst thing is that he thinks hes so deep...when hes not...it SOUNDS great...but hes not that profound. And I'm not going to list other artists to make a comparison either...
laugh.gif
like drake?

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

...uh...

laugh.gif
like drake?

Prime is right.

"Best I Ever Had" is definitely a much more deeper record than anything Jay Electronica's ever wrote.

Title is definitely a reach but this song is epic.

Light years ahead of Exhibit C.

Can I please get a CDQ of Exhibit B though, is that too much to ask?
frown.gif

Not gonna lie, this is the first time I listened to of his that may actually get some ipod spins. Jay Electronica is a good, but I think he is over rated, and threads like this are evidence. That song was hot, but he's not the savior of hip hop. And he's not as "deep" as ya'll think. Honestly I think J.Cole, Wale, Blu and various other artist are just as "deep" as Electronica, the only difference is A)They don't sound depressed doing it B) They decided to do it over some legitimatly hot beats, that beat Electronica had was "generic underground rap beat"

It's an amazing song.

Plain and simple. One of the best hip-hop joints I've heard....EVER.

I'm talkin about the OG one too. The one on "Fresh Cuts"....w/ the authentic Willy Wonka samples. the barely layered beat. So hard. So hip-hop.

...uh...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Light years ahead of Exhibit C.

I never got when everyone and they mama jumped on C when A IMO was the better song. But then again, I like it that way.
laugh.gif

cmon son
i like this more than exhibit C i dont understand why that got all the hype
song is fiyyyaaaaa tho

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Gets a spin one everyday. Sometimes more.
I play this religiously as well...

Hands down one of my favorite rap lines ever:

I'll blast on Judas Iscariot and peel off in the chariot.....

sick.gif

I use to play this every night. Did the same with Act 1 and Exhibit C

It's not the best rap song in the past 10 years tho
laugh.gif

I have tried time and time again to rock with this dudes stuff but it just does nothing for me. Every time I finish one of his joints I'm just like damn, this is what people think is hot? This is that new cat? Really? People always talk about his songs like they're mindblowing, crazy deep and profound, when in reality(or mine at least) its just a dude that sounds a little different, thinks he's smarter and more introspective than most and has the work ethic of Tim Thomas after he just got paid.

Back
Top Bottom