"Exhibit A" might be the best rap song in the last 10 years.

^^^

Eat a @%$@

It's Def upthere...but not the best.....Still an amazing song
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

^^^

Eat a @%$@

pimp.gif
someone's mad

but as i was saying, hip hop hasn't been up to par as of late, but this being the BEST RAP SONG IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

blast on judas iscariot and ride off in a chariot = ill pop a snitch, and im gone in my 'vette B____

so basically jay electronica is gucci mane?

but you hate gucci. but these words have the same meaning right?
but one person tried to make a simple sentiment into something falsely complex under the guise of him being smarter than the average man.

THIS, is the reason why you love him. the dim witted always try to feel smarter by identifying with someone who is unknowingly their equal.

I like how people continue to come in here, disagree, but won't name at least something just as good as this.

Sidebar: The piano at the end is so choice.
sick.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by flo0

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

^^^

Eat a @%$@

pimp.gif
someone's mad

but as i was saying, hip hop hasn't been up to par as of late, but this being the BEST RAP SONG IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Name a better one?

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

I like how people continue to come in here, disagree, but won't name at least something just as good as this.

i thought we all decided that best i ever had > 

what we do
freeway jay z beans

>>>>

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

blast on judas iscariot and ride off in a chariot = ill pop a snitch, and im gone in my 'vette B____

but one person tried to make a simple sentiment into something falsely complex under the guise of him being smarter than the average man.

THIS, is the reason why you love him. the dim witted always try to feel smarter by identifying with someone who is unknowingly their equal.
indifferent.gif

Its the way that u do it that makes u nice
Is it that hard to understand?
By your logic everybody should dumb it down and get rid of multi-syllabic rhyme schemes and be simple

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

indifferent.gif

By your logic everybody should dumb it down and get rid of multi-syllabic rhyme schemes and be simple
Noooooooooo.... no..... you got it wrong.
some rappers (mos def, black thought etc...) do it well on topics or songs that may require word play or cool rhyme styles to make sense.

but the words "iscariot" and "chariot" are oblique. thats not being clever nor is that "dope"
get outta here. he's ok at best. sorry.

imo 2 or 3 songs from black album alone >

don't get me wrong the song is up there, i just think the title is a little bit of a stretch.

sick.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's hot but it's not that hot.

Royal Flush, Hip Hop Saved My Life, Fallin, Hey Ma, Dreams, Pain, Sly Fox, N.I. (you know the rest)

I can go on

Best of the past 10 years?
laugh.gif

I could make a huge list of better songs but lemme just say the song I'm listening to now,

Lupe Fiasco-Hurts Me Soul,

is leagues ahead of this.

Originally Posted by Israeln23

Originally Posted by Israeln23

sick.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

going to the atrium like a gymnasium > i spit that wonderyhmer ##*+

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

indifferent.gif

Noooooooooo.... no..... you got it wrong.
some rappers (mos def, black thought etc...) do it well on topics or songs that may require word play or cool rhyme styles to make sense.

but the words "iscariot" and "chariot" are oblique. thats not being clever nor is that "dope"
get outta here. he's ok at best. sorry.
"Life is like a dice game
One roll could land you in jail or cuttin cake blowin kisses in the rice rain
Nice whip, nice chain, a closet of skulls
The stench is like slave blood at Providence Hall, "

these are my favorite lyrics from the song (along with the words spoken in the intro/mid-sample/outro).  wedding reference representing happiness is just too sick. 

"gucci mane" or any other goofball that decides to name themselves after fashion designers(specially ones that are known for womens handbags) will never spit something like this.  they have to maintain their "hard" image and you know this.  it's more than lyrics homie, it's the whole attitude.  i ve never heardjay electronica refer to a female as a $%!%@ on any song.  he has aprogressive view on things that's why i dig his spit.  if you relate to all that "Nice whip, nice chain," rap, then good for you.  i definitely don't relate to that BS.  this is why the OP made this topic, jay elec is a serious mc who(at least to me) seems to be in it for the art rather than the reward.  and thats something to get excited about if you are a hip hop purist.

Rhyme scheme may be similar, but Jay's line shows knowledge of history and varied content, while Gucci's line shows nothing but more of the cookie-cutter style we've all heard way too many times.

It's a little tough to get into Jay, but I like the direction he's headed and where his mind's at. It's better than hearing about trap houses for the millionth time.

Back
Top Bottom