F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

I lol'd @ seeing a thread like this go 20+ pages.

On reasons why I don't browse NT anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I seen a barber with ball shorts under his jeans

Why?

idk why,but my guess is that if a situation arose in which they had the chance to hoop they would be prepared.

i know a lot of people did this in HS and i always assumed that.

I always wear bball shorts under my jeans. Why ?

- Maybe habit, but Feelsgoodman.jpg 
pimp.gif

- Gym/ball whenever 

- Be ready to chill comfortably whenever

- Warmer in the winter 

I never wear jeans in the summer so heat isn't an issue. 
i assumed that too.

in the winter one of my homeboys used to rock jeans with hoopers and long johns.

i wasn't even mad
laugh.gif

Why?

idk why,but my guess is that if a situation arose in which they had the chance to hoop they would be prepared.

pimp.gif

- Gym/ball whenever 

- Warmer in the winter 

i assumed that too.

in the winter one of my homeboys used to rock jeans with hoopers and long johns.

i wasn't even mad
laugh.gif

Honest Abe Lives wrote:
So for example, ninjahood is never in any situations where dressing better could benefit him, so of course he doesn't care about it.
ThunderChunk69 wrote:
this dude said V necks are fancy?

I'm done

DC probably eats bread and water dressed as a goldminer
Got me
laugh.gif

Honest Abe Lives wrote:
So for example, ninjahood is never in any situations where dressing better could benefit him, so of course he doesn't care about it.
ThunderChunk69 wrote:
this dude said V necks are fancy?

I'm done

DC probably eats bread and water dressed as a goldminer
Got me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

Originally Posted by LoveForTheAir23

laugh.gif

what can we do better to appease you

please let us know, o great one that is named LoveForTheAir23

grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

Originally Posted by LoveForTheAir23

laugh.gif

what can we do better to appease you

please let us know, o great one that is named LoveForTheAir23

grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.
Biggest horse $%%% I've read I've read in a long time. Social mores? Who the hell cares about the next person. Wear what you want. Movies isn't some formal gathering...its a place to relax and watch a movie. I frown upon those who "dress better" to go grab dinner and a movie than I do the people with shorts and a t...why? because obviously some people feel the need to be accepted by appearance. Appearance is what you make of it. Im blessed to have a job where there's no dress code so I go to work "bummy" (shorts, t-shirt and sneakers) and my co-workers snicker at me because they're in slacks and a button up?  Uhm, we have the same job. We make pretty much the same amount of money ( I know this because Im in education and salaries are disclosed
glasses.gif
)
The most well-off people do not conform to a "dress code". Look at Mark Cuban. His idea of formal is wearing a sportscoat over a T-shirt! Do you think society really sees him as immature?

Fact is...there's a time and place for everything. You "mature" folk out there can have this holier than thou attitude toward the rest of us who prefer a more comfortable style of dress and wear your boat shoes out to IHOP and the movies...I'll stick to the uniform and be "immature". 

You dress up when needed...when its not...wear what the hell you want. All glory to Allah, Jesus and who or whatever you praise

The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.
Biggest horse $%%% I've read I've read in a long time. Social mores? Who the hell cares about the next person. Wear what you want. Movies isn't some formal gathering...its a place to relax and watch a movie. I frown upon those who "dress better" to go grab dinner and a movie than I do the people with shorts and a t...why? because obviously some people feel the need to be accepted by appearance. Appearance is what you make of it. Im blessed to have a job where there's no dress code so I go to work "bummy" (shorts, t-shirt and sneakers) and my co-workers snicker at me because they're in slacks and a button up?  Uhm, we have the same job. We make pretty much the same amount of money ( I know this because Im in education and salaries are disclosed
glasses.gif
)
The most well-off people do not conform to a "dress code". Look at Mark Cuban. His idea of formal is wearing a sportscoat over a T-shirt! Do you think society really sees him as immature?

Fact is...there's a time and place for everything. You "mature" folk out there can have this holier than thou attitude toward the rest of us who prefer a more comfortable style of dress and wear your boat shoes out to IHOP and the movies...I'll stick to the uniform and be "immature". 

You dress up when needed...when its not...wear what the hell you want. All glory to Allah, Jesus and who or whatever you praise

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

The maturity question:

glasses.gif
)

he just said it was up to him...

but you say mark cuban...

the homey is a multi millionaire... when you got cake like that ... you can do stuff like that, fambs..

The maturity question:

glasses.gif
)

the homey is a multi millionaire... when you got cake like that ... you can do stuff like that, fambs..

You "mature" folk out there can have this holier than thou attitude toward the rest of us who prefer a more comfortable style of dress and wear your boat shoes out to IHOP and the movies...I'll stick to the uniform and be "immature". 

This is such BS. It goes both ways, you saying "do this" and "do that" is also coming off like you're the authority in this @#!@. Get off your high-horse for %#!@# sake. You are %!#@+#@$ on people for wearing boat shoes to Ihop or movies? You're talking as if dude wants to wear a tux to do laundry, it's a goddamn boat shoes, @#!@ is as casual as it can get. 

You "mature" folk out there can have this holier than thou attitude toward the rest of us who prefer a more comfortable style of dress and wear your boat shoes out to IHOP and the movies...I'll stick to the uniform and be "immature". 

This is such BS. It goes both ways, you saying "do this" and "do that" is also coming off like you're the authority in this @#!@. Get off your high-horse for %#!@# sake. You are %!#@+#@$ on people for wearing boat shoes to Ihop or movies? You're talking as if dude wants to wear a tux to do laundry, it's a goddamn boat shoes, @#!@ is as casual as it can get. 

Originally Posted by ricky409

The maturity question:

glasses.gif
)

He contradicted himself in his last paragraph. He dresses to "respect" society. ehh!
Mark Cuban according to the "dressing better" advocates should not be taken seriously because he's not wearing a three piece suit to get his mail... Mark Cuban made it OK for people to dress down which is how the world should be IMHO. Most "business" settings never see clients in person yet they have formal dress codes. I think people would be more productive in business casual attire and not in a suit and tie everyday.

LV, GUCCI and Tom Ford doesn't mean "dressing better". Dressing for the occasion is.

Originally Posted by ricky409

The maturity question:

glasses.gif
)

He contradicted himself in his last paragraph. He dresses to "respect" society. ehh!
Mark Cuban according to the "dressing better" advocates should not be taken seriously because he's not wearing a three piece suit to get his mail... Mark Cuban made it OK for people to dress down which is how the world should be IMHO. Most "business" settings never see clients in person yet they have formal dress codes. I think people would be more productive in business casual attire and not in a suit and tie everyday.

LV, GUCCI and Tom Ford doesn't mean "dressing better". Dressing for the occasion is.

sooo.. by some of you guys' standards.. most of Corporate America shouldnt be taken seriously during casual Fridays...
you guys crack me up. 

sooo.. by some of you guys' standards.. most of Corporate America shouldnt be taken seriously during casual Fridays...
you guys crack me up. 

Why?

pimp.gif

- Gym/ball whenever 

- Warmer in the winter 

Ill do it every now and then, fools always questioning me if I take my shirt off or something else so they somehow realize Im rockin ball shorts underneath. It also helps sometimes if your pants/shorts are real loose

Cant believe this thread is this long though

Why?

pimp.gif

- Gym/ball whenever 

- Warmer in the winter 

Ill do it every now and then, fools always questioning me if I take my shirt off or something else so they somehow realize Im rockin ball shorts underneath. It also helps sometimes if your pants/shorts are real loose

Cant believe this thread is this long though

Originally Posted by RFX45

Your whole thread is BS.  You yourself are nothing but B.S. All you do is play a coy NTer yet you show off and never like to answer questions that are directly correlated to your showing off. If anyone is on a high horse..its your suspect, metrosexual ***. 
Boat shoes, as of late, is a TREND and if you're wearing them to casual places chances are you're being TRENDY. "dressing better" is now a TREND because all of a sudden NTers who use to wear Jordan and Dunks are rocking boat shoes and Marry Poppin boots.

The thread title is directed at you. So F' your opinion

Back
Top Bottom