F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

What a race!

But I was so  [emoji]128548[/emoji] at Williams for how they screwed up their strategy.  You could totally see that Felipe was slower than Bottas!  Had they let him thru, he would have pulled out a bigger lead... even if Lewis had undercut him, Bottas wouldn't have been that far back after the 1st round of pit-stops.  Seb gifted that 3rd outta nowhere!

Not saying they would have been guaranteed a podium or win with the weather, but it definitely didn't seem like the right move at the time.  Will need to read up on their post-race analysis.

And I'm not gonna lie, I think Lewis was super-lucky with that call.  He was seconds slower than Nico and struggling for grip when he decided to dive into the pits.  To me, it didn't seem like a calculated call to go onto the Inters... not like how Jenson did so in China several years back.  Seen several pundits say the same thing, so I'm not alone on this.  But whatever... he made the call... it worked out perfectly for him and he got the win, so kudos.  

Jenson. 
tired.gif

Fernando. 
happy.gif
  I know he lucked into 1 point, but hey, at least he finished. 

Surprised Fernando was able to finish!

eek.gif

Last edited:
Yea I think Lewis decision was a combination of his tyres gone cold, Rosberg catching up and the rain coming down. If he had temps in his tyres like Rosberg then he might have stayed out after what happened in Monaco.

Rosberg was also lucky it rained in the first place otherwise he would have been 4th. I would have loved to see both Williams drivers on the podium along with Lewis.
They screwed up on the strategy but at the same time Bottas did say he could pass him on the back straight and Claire Williams said they let their drivers race but he couldn't pull it off and neither could the Mercs for that matter.

It's a tough decision really, letting them race or putting in team orders that early because IIRC at one point after the first stint, I think Massa was faster than Bottas.

Rosberg was also lucky it rained in the first place otherwise he would have been 4th. 
Yes, indeed.  Had the same issue as Lewis in the first stint when he was stuck behind them.  Undercut (and Williams' strategy) saved him. 

Different generations.

In my head, I had no doubt he was going to pull through because we take crashes for granted.

Really sad to hear this happen after the developments made for the sport to be safe.

In my head, I had no doubt he was going to pull through because we take crashes for granted.

Really sad to hear this happen after the developments made for the sport to be safe.
For me, it was the opposite... given all the reports that I've read... it seemed as though it was a case of "will he be able to live a normal life" rather than "if he'll be racing again".  And as time passed, it seemed more like he wasn't coming back.  I guess, given how tough it's been for his family & friends, this might be for the best... hope it gives them some closure. 

^

Surprised RIC finished in P4 .

Mclaren should use those Accord V-Tec engines.... more reliable.

I feel bad for both drivers especially Fernando.

McLaren's pace looked good during the FP's so hopefully they'll be able to salvage sometime tomorrow...

But I think ALO gained a lot of respect today with his effort in trying to push the car back in... 

F1+Grand+Prix+Hungary+Qualifying+CMc_3ZkCF-Ux.jpg

That was Wild.

Maldonado must bring in serious money for them to still keep him. How many penalties in one race, good lord.

Everything was going off behind Vettel :lol:

And He's not that far off Lewis and Nico in the championship.

4 weeks :smh:

Last edited:

What a start for Ferrari! .....Vettel with 2 Redbulls :smokin

Its just not Kimi's year. :smh:

Lewis is not used to racing in traffic :lol:. He kept messing up on restarts.

With the new start-procedures (or lack thereof) starting in Spa, it'll make things very interesting.   

Back
Top Bottom