F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

by the way. good to see Felipe showing some pace this weekend. hope he turns his miserable season around. highly unlikely, though.
ohwell.gif

First processional race of the season. Yawn. Lots of retirements, though. Shame MSC retired. Another sub-par race for McLaren.
ohwell.gif

Six different winners in the first six races of the season. How long will the streak be? Incredible.
eek.gif
Congratulations, Mark Webber. Good result for Ferrari, with both Fernando and Felipe (!) in the points.
smokin.gif

EDIT: Fernando currently leading the WDC. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've heard mention of a protest... what for? 
nerd.gif

GP3 ~ The guy had his rear-wing knocked off, and in normal circumstances, race-control would have waved orange/black flags at him, instructing (forcing) him to pit due to a mechanical issue. He, apparently, ignored those flags and kept racing.  Apparently, he also flipped-off the stewards in post-race... he's gonna be in a lot of trouble.
Anyway, what a crazy race.  Disappointing pace from McLaren.  But the key was VET gambling on a 1-stop and making it work! He put in some quick laps during the 1st stint, which made the difference.  That forced all the front-runners to change their strategy to counter VET cuz if they all pitted, VET would have won easily.   Oh well.

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Six different winners in the first six races of the season. How long will the streak be? Incredible.
eek.gif

I'm loving it
pimp.gif
Now if only Lewis could pull out a win...

Watched about half of the race... decided to turn it off when seb starting to pull away from lewis after the pit.

Lewis really had a bad start! i thought he aint gonna move..
laugh.gif

^ It got interesting towards the end as it started to drizzle and track-temps began to drop...

Anyway, this is awesome...

Good video. Eddie Jordan.
laugh.gif

Really enjoy BBC's broadcast of the races vs. our very own Star Sports. Definitely more laid back and in-depth. Having notable guys as part of the crew is definitely awesome. I actually watch live streams more than watch on cable for the races this season.

The amount of commercials on speed network is such a turn off. Sometimes, I'll literally stay up to catch a race but the commercials cause me to go to sleep.

Yeah, we get our share of ads on Star as ZK1 mentioned... same as Speed I'm guessing. That's why I download the Sky version after each race and rewatch it. Martin & Crofty's commentary + Ted in the pitlane is sooooooo much more informative.

BBC was really good last year and Sky is pretty good with their production this year, but in terms of pre and post show, BBC is better.

This is gonna be...
eek.gif

Looks like a good movie. 
smokin.gif

For this Grand Prix, I got to steam the Sky Broadcast of the race. It was ok -quite informative like SinnerP said. I just find the BBC presenters more entertaining. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

eek.gif

I'm loving it
pimp.gif
Now if only Lewis could pull out a win...
This parity has gotten me back interested in F1.  Used to be a pretty big fan back in my kid days where I got up at 7-8 AM for the races... really enjoying this season though.

Glad to see Webber win, he should have been champ in 2010, hopefully he can make up for it this year.

Rush is going to be pretty good, if you guys haven't seen it I'd highly suggest you watch Grand Prix. Its really long, but its an excellent movie with probably the best racing scenes ever.

cool video of an F1 car cutaway. I know the driver sits low and reclined inside the car... but by that much?! Crazy 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Red Bull's holes in their car were deemed illegal by the FIA, but they retain their points. Revisions should be made before Canada, though.

I had no clue this place existed...

I feel like I've just stumbled into an oasis. 
pimp.gif

I wanted to watch Canada but the timing is awful with Euro's and Columbia vs Ecuador playign same time. 

I'm hoping my boy Hamster can have a solid race...

Red Bull's holes in their car were deemed illegal by the FIA, but they retain their points. Revisions should be made before Canada, though.

Shouldnt they be fined or lose points? Why are they retaining them if thats an illegal move?

CHYEAAAAH BOY!!! Pics tomorrow as it's 3AM here. 
tongue.gif

EDIT ~ Rob ~ And to answer your question, it's cuz they passed FIA scrutineering at the time... after the race. So at that point, their car was legal.  The FIA also wants to avoid "taking away" a win from someone cuz it's not good for the sport.  I think had other teams actually protested, they would have had their results taken away.  With the gray-area of the rule book, it took an rule-clarification to actually deem the RBR "illegal".  So after all the madness, they were able to keep their results, but won't be able to use those illegal bits for the remainder of the season. That's the problem when you get teams interpreting the rules.

Hammy def deserved it! Finally sitting where he belongs. At the top of the leader board!!!!! 
Scary to think if in other races if the pits were better and little things here and there would gone how they should have, how fa ahead would Hammy have been in points.

Congrats to Grosjen and Perez on the finishes also and keeping Ferrari and RBR a bit back.

P,

I appreciate the clarification. Hopefully they stay clear from here on out.

Perez had a sensational day on the track...one of my boys was just commenting saying he'll probably be at Ferrari next year and they'll drop Massa.

Yes, amazing drives from both Grosjean and Checo... both 1-stopping and from P7 & P15 respectively! My money's on Checo replacing Massa.

Lewis!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Too bad I was at work during the race 
indifferent.gif
Good thing Fox delayed showing the race to show cartoons this morning 
happy.gif
Replay at 3 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Hammy def deserved it! Finally sitting where he belongs. At the top of the leader board!!!!! 
Scary to think if in other races if the pits were better and little things here and there would gone how they should have, how fa ahead would Hammy have been in points.

Congrats to Grosjen and Perez on the finishes also and keeping Ferrari and RBR a bit back.

P,

I appreciate the clarification. Hopefully they stay clear from here on out.
Please don't call him Hammy
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Finally got the win though. My _
pimp.gif

Vettel in the last 6 laps, holy !*%# 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Dude was FLYING through there, and I thought Lewis was pushing it on his way to 1st 
laugh.gif
What a great race.

Back
Top Bottom