F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

^ Yeah, he had on new options and had a very-little fuel left... of course he was gonna be flying! Risky gamble by Ferrari and RBR though... once the tires had reached the cliff they were always gonna start falling back at a huge rate.  We saw it with Kimi in China when he started dropping seconds off his laptime... as did Alonso.  
Anyway... Hammy! LOL

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

Lol... Ron.

1000x.jpg

Congrats to Lewis for the win. Too bad I didn't get to catch the race live, since, like SinnerP said, it's 2am here.
laugh.gif

If this keeps up, maybe each driver would win a race this season.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Well, off to boring Valencia. Glad the races are back to Europe. More reasonable broadcast times.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
 Just easier to call him Hammy instead of just Ham. LOL
Def see Checo to Ferrari as well. Wonder where Massa would end up.

And what the heck is going on with Button?!?

^ JB's car had a ****** issue on Friday, which meant that he wasn't able to get the optimum set-up on his car. And because of that, during the race, he just burned through his tires.
Tough break for the guy, but he'll bounce back cuz the car has the speed in it.

Yeah, Seb's interview was cool. He's a charismatic guy and has a good sense of humor, so it seemed to be pretty natural for him. Threw in some choice words there too!
laugh.gif

MASSIVE SHUNT AT LEMANS...

Scary stuff... Ant Davidson was driving the Toyota...

IMO, it was a bit unfair to Prost (I'm a Senna fan too), but still a great film on the man. Tough to watch the end cuz you know what will inevitably happen and there's nothing that will change that fact.

Rush, which comes later this year, will be epic... I hope so, anyway.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

IMO, it was a bit unfair to Prost (I'm a Senna fan too), but still a great film on the man. Tough to watch the end cuz you know what will inevitably happen and there's nothing that will change that fact.

I have it on Blu-Ray 
pimp.gif
  Why do you think it's unfair to Prost?
Prost had a lot to do with the documentary, so he could have definitely influenced the film if he thought it was heavily unfair against himself.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I have it on Blu-Ray 
pimp.gif
  Why do you think it's unfair to Prost?
Prost had a lot to do with the documentary, so he could have definitely influenced the film if he thought it was heavily unfair against himself.
I have it on BD too! 
pimp.gif

But I felt it was a bit unfair to Prost in that it made him too much of a villain.  From what I've read in interviews, Prost was 'consulted', and while he gave his views on their rivalry, apparently the director wanted to side more with Senna.

Seeing that it is, after all, a docu. about Senna, I can understand the slight bias. But still, from what I've seen from other docu. about them, Prost wasn't completely the bad-guy.  Senna was a ruthless racer as well! 

The thing with rivalries is that there are always two-sides.

I still cant wait to get Senna on BD here in the states. Havent wanted to cop since not sure if my ps3 is region free for BD. 
ohwell.gif

I liked the movie cause It gave you a good over all feel for who Senna was. 

Def be keeping my eyes peeled for Rush.

^ The UK version works on my Region A BD player, so it should also work on yours!
wink.gif

Trade-off is that the DVD doesn't.

MASSIVE SHUNT AT LEMANS...

Scary stuff... Ant Davidson was driving the Toyota...
eek.gif
 Good to see those are his only injuries. Wow.
Still haven't gotten to rewatch Senna after I fell asleep that first time.
laugh.gif

Seb finding 3/10ths over Lewis...
30t6p3b.gif
 Ridiculous.
Then less than 1sec covering the rest of the top 10, I think.  

Doesn't change the fact that the Valencia track sucks. 
eyes.gif

Anyway... yes, a pic without his finger!

x1000.jpg

Now that's what I call a carbon shankplate.

1000x.jpg

Lewis' boots are growing on me.
pimp.gif

WHAT A RACE! That was the least-boring Valencia Grand Prix EVER! Did NOT see that coming. Finally the streak is broken after 8 races -with Fernando winning from 10th no less.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Apparently Qualifying didn't matter, top 3 drivers who qualified all had #$$@ races.
roll.gif
3 world champions on the podium, though -with Schumi back at the podium for the first time since his comeback
smokin.gif

And yes, SinnerP, it was just 0.9 seconds covering the top 10 in Qualifying.

Maldonado deserves a grid penalty for the next race for taking out Lewis.
30t6p3b.gif

Glad not to see The Finger today. Haven't seen a crowd roar over the TV since Massa winning the Brazilian GP when he lost the WDC by just 1 point (because of Timo Glock
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
). Poor Felipe back then and now.
ohwell.gif
Another horrible race for Jenson.

Lot of frustration from drivers this afternoon. Grosjean is definitely a promising driver. Really surprised at the pace of the Force Indias. Mark Webber from 19th to 4th. Great drive from him as well.

Next race Silverstone! Definitely looking forward to that race!
Why did Fernando stop? Did he run out of fuel for the mandatory fuel sample? Haven't seen him that happy for a win in a long while. Dude was jumping up and down! 
laugh.gif

#$*&ing hell. That is all. 
mad.gif

Maldonado... WT.F was he thinking?  It was a such a stupid move cuz Lewis' tires were gone. All he should have done was wait a corner or 2 and pass on a wider part of the track.  Instead he decides to #$%* both their races and then goes on to blame Lewis?  

Credit to Nando... what a drive... not a fan of him and despite Ferrari, but that was incredible. 

Anyway, your podium finishers for today...

4226_4070520420.jpg

And the subsequent 20sec penalty for Maldo... WTH.
Man, huge moment right here... right here.
30t6p3b.gif

1000x.jpg

Wow. smh Maldonado. Oh well, early in the season. Hope Lewis bounces back from that and kills the next race.

Schumacher back on the podium though
pimp.gif

Apparently McLaren set a new record for pit stops earlier in the race. Too bad it got overshadowed by the other pit stop.  
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

[h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McLaren bullish about pitstop performance after record Valencia stop[/font][/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Jonathan NobleTuesday, June 26th 2012, 11:34 GMT[/font][/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McLaren has no doubts it is on the right path with its pitstop performances in 2012, even though a problem in the Valencia pits overshadowed the team's delivery of the fastest Formula 1 pitstop in history earlier in the day. [/font]After much focus on the team's performances in the pits this year, the McLaren pit crew completed a 2.6-second stop at Lewis Hamilton's first stop in Valencia to set a new benchmark in F1. 

However, that achievement was followed shortly afterwards by Hamilton losing time at his second stop when the front jack failed after its release mechanism was triggered by the car hitting it.Although that latter problem was a disappointment - and the team will implement equipment modifications for the next race at Silverstone - McLaren's sporting director Sam Michael says the timing data shows that the crew are doing a better job than the critics suggest.[/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The guys are ignoring all the criticism, because they know they are good and we already had the fastest stationary time in Montreal before the Valencia performance," Michael told AUTOSPORT. [/font][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The job they are doing at the moment is spot on, and I have felt it coming for the last two or three races. We've done a lot of work internally on the procedures and equipment, and we've been pushing them on a lot. [/font]"And now we are in a world where we are dealing with milliseconds, rather than tenths. It is as competitive as the aero game now."[/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AUTOSPORT understands that the time to 'green' - the moment the driver is signalled to go - for Hamilton's first stop in Valencia was just 2.32s. This was 0.11s quicker that what is believed to have been the previous benchmark set by Mercedes in Korea last year for Michael Schumacher's first stop. [/font]But despite the pit crew delivering the record time in Valencia, Michael says the target still remains being consistent – and ensuring that every stop is good.[/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It has always been like that, but it just so happens that we have managed to get more pace than our original target," he said. "Our target is not to do a 2.3s stop before the driver reacts – it is to be sub three-second on average. If you look at the areas where we have had mistakes and issues in recent races, they are no longer because we are pushing to try and improve time."[/font][/h1][h1]McLaren will have to restructure its pit crew for the British Grand Prix after the right-hand rear gunner cut himself on a wing endplate during the Valencia stops. He will be replaced for the Silverstone weekend.[/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][/h1][h1][font=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][/h1]
[/font][/h1]

Didn't know there was an F1 thread on NT 
pimp.gif
. My dad's love for the sport has been rubbing off on me so much, that I just started following F1 about 2 months ago, I'm even interested in starting out in karting as well
happy.gif
. Even though he's been following the sport way before I was born 
laugh.gif
. He still remembers Niki Lauda's horrible crash at the Nurgburgring  
tired.gif
 and his favorite driver was Ayrton Senna(who wasn't a fan of him 
wink.gif
). I also got him the Senna documentary for Father's Day and it gave me some good insight on who Ayrton really was (RIP). Well anyways our current favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton 
pimp.gif
. I was dissapointed when he retired from the European GP after that collision
mad.gif
. It's cool though, I think he will win on home turf at Silverstone 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom