F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Originally Posted by louislagerfeld

Didn't know there was an F1 thread on NT 
pimp.gif
. My dad's love for the sport has been rubbing off on me so much, that I just started following F1 about 2 months ago, I'm even interested in starting out in karting as well
happy.gif
. Even though he's been following the sport way before I was born 
laugh.gif
. He still remembers Niki Lauda's horrible crash at the Nurgburgring  
tired.gif
 and his favorite driver was Ayrton Senna(who wasn't a fan of him 
wink.gif
). I also got him the Senna documentary for Father's Day and it gave me some good insight on who Ayrton really was (RIP). Well anyways our current favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton 
pimp.gif
. I was dissapointed when he retired from the European GP after that collision
mad.gif
. It's cool though, I think he will win on home turf at Silverstone 
grin.gif
Oh? 
nerd.gif

Weather ~ Yeah, it was a great race, but it doesn't change the fact that the circuit still sucks IMO.  Lots of journos were quick to praise the race and imply that the track wasn't boring, but it was only exciting cuz of these Pirelli tires, some unexpected mechanical failures and some shoddy driving standards.  Not just Maldo, but also Vergne, who side-swiped Heikki... on a straight.
30t6p3b.gif

zk1 ~ The 2.6sec stop was ridiculous.  Great rebound from their recent issues.  Such a shame that ppl were quick to forget about that cuz of the front-jack failure.  Just one of those things.  I'm not ready to blame him yet, but since Sam Michael joined the team, they've had these "issues".  McLaren has always had very-tight pitstops, but this season, all of a sudden, they're having these problems.  Coincident?  Sam's fault?  Who knows.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by louislagerfeld

Didn't know there was an F1 thread on NT 
pimp.gif
. My dad's love for the sport has been rubbing off on me so much, that I just started following F1 about 2 months ago, I'm even interested in starting out in karting as well
happy.gif
. Even though he's been following the sport way before I was born 
laugh.gif
. He still remembers Niki Lauda's horrible crash at the Nurgburgring  
tired.gif
 and his favorite driver was Ayrton Senna(who wasn't a fan of him 
wink.gif
). I also got him the Senna documentary for Father's Day and it gave me some good insight on who Ayrton really was (RIP). Well anyways our current favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton 
pimp.gif
. I was dissapointed when he retired from the European GP after that collision
mad.gif
. It's cool though, I think he will win on home turf at Silverstone 
grin.gif
Oh? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 typo...what I meant was, in that era of F1, who wasn't a fan of Ayrton Senna? 
smokin.gif
 He was loved all around the world.

Haha... I thought you meant Senna wasn't a fan of your dad!
laugh.gif
Which, of course, implies they knew each other!
laugh.gif

Yea right lol my dad would have been the happiest man in the world, but also the most heartbroken if they knew each other. But I don't think Ayrton ever visited the Dominican Republic so there's no way they ever knew each other 
laugh.gif
. On the other hand I agree on your opinion about how they made Prost look like a super villian on the Senna documentary. It kinda made me hate Prost, but there's always two sides to the story. It did made me realize however, how dirty politics maneuvered the sport at that time 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm all for a London Street Circuit for F1... but at what expense? If it's Valencia and Singapore or Bahrain and Shanghai, I'm all for it. But if it's Spa-Francorchamps and Monza.
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

That final sector by the arch is INSANE! No way they're going to get that approved. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

^ Fun little promo-thing they did here, but it won't happen. Too many issues...

Are they really gonna shut London down for +2 weeks? The Tube, the current tourist attractions, etc. Could be more detrimental than beneficial.
Who's gonna fund it? The city won't. Bernie said that he would, but then the rest of the GP's (who pay huge fees) will be very upset about this.
The noise and air pollution will not sit will with a lot of ppl there who don't care about F1.
The track also seems to pass-by a lot of historical spots... surely all the rumbling around the area won't be good for those monuments?

I guess if that London street circuit comes through that would be the easiest F1 race live that i can watch...even im from US.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 That London GP looks CRAZY. And that last corner going into the arch? That's just suicide! 
indifferent.gif

^ Yeah, that was a good ode to that Nike commerical.

Meanwhile...
10.45hrs BST

Accident involving Maria de Villota, Test Driver for the Marussia F1 Team

Imperial War Museum, Duxford, Cambridgeshire
03 July 2012, 10.45hrs
STATEMENT

“At approximately 09.15hrs BST this morning, the Marussia F1 Team’s Test Driver Maria De Villota had an accident in the team’s MR-01 race car at Duxford Airfield where she was testing the car for the first time. The accident happened at the end of her first installation run and involved an impact with the team’s support truck.

“Maria has been transferred to hospital. Once her medical condition has been assessed a further statement will be issued.

Maria De Villota is "critical but stable", but has been reported to have lost her right eye. 
frown.gif

Sad to hear about Maria De Villota
frown.gif
Could have been worse though, it seems, so lets be thankful she is more stable now

^ Yeah, it's tough. On one hand, you're glad she survived and appears to be improving, but at the same time, she lost an eye and who knows what else. Surely her racing-career is over too.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe
eek.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif
glasses.gif
 my dream right here...
Damn sad to hear about Maria, $%+% like that is not suppose to happen in straight line testing 
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 I only hope nothing but the best for her 

Any body gonna watch practice tomorrow? It sucks that P1 starts at 5 AM EST, but I don't think Speed TV is gonna be showing it on TV. I think they're only streaming it thru their website
30t6p3b.gif
if so then I'll just watch P2 at 9 AM.

^ Asking for live streaming links can get you banned on NT. Better edit that bro.

They don't really broadcast practice sessions on ESPN Star. They only did so once in the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, I think.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, it was nice when they aired the FP's in SG. But for the long-term, it probably won't be feasible for Star to air all the FP's cuz there probably isn't that much interest. Only for the hardcore fans.

A wet and meaningless FP1... oh well.

Oh well... FP1 vs. EPL English football.
laugh.gif

Sad to hear about Maria De Villota. Her career in racing is over. Man, to go out in such a freak accident.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif

Hope her condition improves, regardless.

Not even. FP's usually don't overlap with the EPL fixtures! What irks me more is that they throw in ad breaks during Q1 and sometimes Q2! 
mad.gif

If they have so many ads, why don't they just use ALL the time in-between Q's?  Annoys the hell outta me.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Not even. FP's usually don't overlap with the EPL fixtures! What irks me more is that they throw in ad breaks during Q1 and sometimes Q2! 
mad.gif

If they have so many ads, why don't they just use ALL the time in-between Q's?  Annoys the hell outta me.
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
 that irks me as well. 

P1 and P2 were a waste in my opinion, nothing but rain and more rain. But leave it to Bruno Senna to be the only one to crash 
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom