F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I think Mercedes will go for Alonso.
That's a fair bet, but Merc might not want to get into a legal/contractual battle with McLaren.  I don't do doubt that Alonso might be half-eyeing it, but it would also go against everything he has said over the past year - to fight and win with the "McLaren-Honda" name.  Could be a lot of PR talk, but we shall see.  

The obvious choice would be Wehrlein... with him stepping into the Merc during tyre-testing earlier this week, it makes sense.

Another choice would be Bottas... Williams is a Merc customer, so I'm sure some deal can be made there.  

As for Lewis, I think part of him will be a bit annoyed as he doesn't get 'revenge' on Nico.  For now, Nico has the last laugh.  

But what a way to go out... good for him.  Thinking about his family first, so no one can knock that.   

hmm 
nerd.gif

:nerd:

Anyway, scale model F1 car I bought came in today. Seb Vettel's Singapore 2015 race-spec winner in 1:18 scale :pimp:

Last edited:
Wow, very nice.  Which manufacturer?  BBR?

Yeah. They're the only ones offering the spec other than Amalgam which costs 20x more :x

Should go well with my autographed 2015 SF T-shirt. Signed by Seb and Kimi. Was in a hurry I pretty much threw the shirt at Kimi! :rofl: :wow:

Btw, F1 back in France at Paul Ricard in 2018. Sucks no German GP next year. And Baku now clashes with the Festival of Speed :stoneface: At least we get to see Nico, since he's retired and all :\

Last edited:
BBR's are a good compromise for quality vs value.  Not many can afford Amalgam, while Hot Wheels Elite is crap.  

Toto said Wehrlein is not his favorite to get the job.

Everything is pointing towards Bottas and Wehrlein driving for Williams. 

Wehrlein might still be a bit too green... I'd prefer Bottas.  

Alonso's name keeps popping up. 
mean.gif

BBR's are a good compromise for quality vs value.  Not many can afford Amalgam, while Hot Wheels Elite is crap.  

Agreed. Hot Wheels Elite is the "best" thing they sell at Ferrari stores :rolleyes With that being said, I'd be content with AutoArt or Spark models (much more reasonable price).

Speaking of Amalgam... Looks like Mark Webber and Felipe Baby got one of each of their iconic cars in 1:8 scale the other night for the Autosport awards thing

Jealous of Mark's model... Only have a 1:18 Spark model of Nico Hukenberg's 2015 Le Mans-winning Porsche 919 (to go with the Porsche shirt he signed :tongue: :lol: ).

Last edited:
^

awesome letter from the FI team!

I have mixed feelings about his new Renault job. If Mercedes have known about Rosberg's career ending before, I'm pretty sure they would have contacted Hulk.

He's such a humbled person and a very talented driver, it's a shame that he has not been with a top team so far. He would have rocked in the Benz.

On the other hand I have high expectations in the performance of Renault for the next year. Maybe Hulk and the team will be able to surprise a lot of people with good results.

I wish him the best! 

^
awesome letter from the FI team!

I have mixed feelings about his new Renault job. If Mercedes have known about Rosberg's career ending before, I'm pretty sure they would have contacted Hulk.
He's such a humbled person and a very talented driver, it's a shame that he has not been with a top team so far. He would have rocked in the Benz.

On the other hand I have high expectations in the performance of Renault for the next year. Maybe Hulk and the team will be able to surprise a lot of people with good results.
I wish him the best! 

Yup. Very nice and talented driver. Maybe he finally gets a shot at Ferrari when Kimi retires? :nerd:

Shame Jules would've been a great replacement. :frown:

^

hilarious 
laugh.gif
 thanks for sharing! I would have not seen it without your post! 

Ricciardo searching for his tires and Kimi's reaction 
roll.gif

and the cruise control item at the end 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom