F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Game on!

Max with the purple rain. Best chance of a title.
Car has looked good in all conditions with wind and sand.

Leclerc is so good at quali. Always pulls it off in Q3

would have loved to see sector 2 from Lewis.

Not the greatest camera work to show the entire lap of Bottas instead of Max or Lewis

Verstappen presented Coulthard with a birthday card after the post quali interviews and socked Coulthard in the face with it. :lol:

Surprised to see Alonso do pretty decent.

With the Red Bull this fast, Max won't even need Perez as back up for strategy.

Mercedes will be the one having to be aggressive on strategy and they have 1 more set of the hards which might help in a 2 stopper against the Red Bulls

2017/2018 all over again but with a fiercer competitor. (No offense Vettel fans)

This could be a really good season.

He's going to put it into the wall tomorrow and cause a safety car that will affect the race :lol:

If I were a gambling man I would put some odds on some outlier winners like the Alpha Tauri's

Yea but without the french accent and a more puncable face.

Grosjean was actually decent in his lotus days.

Grosjean is a MUCH better racer than NM.
Anyway... P6/P7... I'll take that! I was hoping for a bit more, but the field is just so crazy tight.

Surprised by Ferrari! Back in the mix as well!

What an F2 race! MotoGP Q time!

Watching season 3 of DTS and man this show is dope. I said last year I was gonna tune into F1 but I'm for sure in. Gonna tune into the race tomorrow.
Was Riccardo leaving Renault that scumy of a move? Made it seem that way on the show. I know he was there for a short time.

Was Riccardo leaving Renault that scumy of a move? Made it seem that way on the show. I know he was there for a short time.

Well, the original deal was for 2 years, so it wasn't like he forced his way out. But it did catch Abiteboul out... I guess he never saw it coming. He was never gonna win (during those 2 years) with Renault... and nor was he expected to. But the upward trajectory just wasn't as good as McLaren or even Racing Point. Renault, as a factory team, should have been a lot closer to the front. I guess Daniel just saw more potential in McLaren, esp with the switch to Mercedes engines.

As a McLaren fan, I was happy to see him join. Wanted him to join 2 years ago, but the team was in a much worse shape than they are today... so it was understandable.

Watching season 3 of DTS and man this show is dope. I said last year I was gonna tune into F1 but I'm for sure in. Gonna tune into the race tomorrow.

It wasn't really a scummy move but they paid him big bucks to really build the team up and really be part of their plan but as a driver you need to be selfish to a point.

They didn't really deliver with the engine and package but they still improved to the point where he had 2 podiums and Ocon also had a podium.

It wasn't really a scummy move but they paid him big bucks to really build the team up and really be part of their plan but as a driver you need to be selfish to a point.

They didn't really deliver with the engine and package but they still improved to the point where he had 2 podiums and Ocon also had a podium.

And wouldn’t you say he delivered on this? He got them on the podium twice. Let’s not forget that Renault’s prodigal son, Fernando also decided to come out of retirement at the same time, so both Daniel and Renault got what they wanted in the end.

And wouldn’t you say he delivered on this? He got them on the podium twice. Let’s not forget that Renault’s prodigal son, Fernando also decided to come out of retirement at the same time, so both Daniel and Renault got what they wanted in the end.

He did, but that was after he'd already made his mind up to leave the team after one season.
He would've been in talks with Mclaren during his first season with Renault so it doesn't look like he was in it for the long term or it just looked like Renault was just not going to deliver

F1 is a brutal sport and so him jumping ship to Mclaren was a good move since they have the better car. He's 31 now so it's not like he has time on his side.

Ricciardo raced the **** out of that car last season. I did not get the sense Renault was upset with how the arrangement worked out. They failed to delivery a top car and he still managed to stay in the mix and even podium.

Back
Top Bottom