F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I need to watch the onboard a few more times to get a feel for the track... to see if there are actually any good overtaking opportunities. It looks crazy fast, but it'll all be pointless if cars end up going around for 60 laps in a train formation.

As far as we know, they haven't even revealed how they've used their tokens. Def holding something back. We will probably see a new FW next week.

Highly doubt they were really sandbagging, it's probably similar to 2019 when they brought the rough early version of the car to the first week of testing vs. the much more complete/recently finished version of the car in the second week, which we'll see with all the updates either next week or at the second race. Pointless to actually sandbag and waste those precious three days since they're the only real test days they have now.

Being that it's Mercedes, even if there are some serious issues, they're the only team you'd expect to be able to resolve them early enough and still dominate the rest of the season.

I think Merc is slightly on their back foot, but I also think they're holding something back. But as their gap to RBR is so big, they can afford to be a bit more conservative. And of course, they have enough resources in that they'll solve their problems faster than all the other teams.

Also, finished DTS. Some interesting creative decisions. Ultimately, the show wasn't made for F1 fans, so some of the over-dramatized bits shouldn't be too surprising.

yall trying to do fantasy f1? did it last season with the dudes I started watching f1 with.

its a similar setup to premier league if you've never played before.

Helen is spot on.

yall trying to do fantasy f1? did it last season with the dudes I started watching f1 with.

its a similar setup to premier league if you've never played before.
Despite how long I've been watching F1 (over 20 years), I've never done an F1 fantasy season... 😂

Not sure if anyone watched the Weekend Debrief on F1TV after testing but it was interesting to see the scientists' objective predictions for the pecking order, with massive margins for error for a few teams.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 9.54.33 AM.png

DTS is just behind the scenes for us F1 fans. Nothing new really.

They really like to show them swearing though as if it's some sort of achievement :lol:

The more DTS I watch, the more I think it's not for hardcore F1 fans. True, we see some interesting BTS stuff, like the Ferrari meeting and the Haas phone calls, but in terms of the overall DTS package, any F1 fan who followed F1 for the entire season will see all thru their BS. Them trying to create that "drama" between Carlos and Lando, those spliced radio messages, them completely skipping the drivers who got Covid and what resulted from it... no Hulk, they barely touched George's Merc drive/result... Plus they completely skipped the Turkish GP, which was such a good race. Instead, we got Monza from 2 different sides. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And lets not forget they completely skipped over the sales of Williams. They're an iconic team... and was barely mentioned in the entire season. 😕 I can't even call it a documentary... a docu-drama, I guess? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching it... but too many creative decisions that I don't necessarily agree with.

I know people who weren't into F1, but are interested in it now cuz of DTS... and I know F1 fans who have experienced the same thing. I'm guessing this was what F1 wanted... and they achieved it.

I do like that it's not focused on the Championship like other documentaries.
Plus there's end of year review for that.

Camera quality is pristine as well so that's also a plus for the cars.

I guess it was the only option for a 10 episode series. It's also placed nicely before the start of the season where we're starving for content.

Only SIR Hamilton gets to sit down. Rest of you stand up :lol:

Great read on the Gasly story. IMO driver of 2020. Dude really had the highest of highs and lowest of lows in a little over a year.

Back
Top Bottom